Click Here!
Page 47 of 163 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you reading? What was the last book you enjoyed?

lentz

just finished black and blue and started Ghost Soldiers about the Bataan death march and the rescue mission to free the prisoners by the army rangers

Just finished "Patton and Rommel" by Shoewalter? I think tat was his name, and his book is only ok, imo. Just started "The god delusion" by Richard Dawkins.

finished In Cold Blood by Truman Capote (i need to see the movie Capote now). that book has been sitting on my shelf unread for over 10 years.

i am now starting The Good German by Joseph Kanon, just in case i want to watch the movie i'll be all covered on the book aspect.

oh yeah, and i'm also in the middle of reading more preacher comics...

Quote Originally Posted by BoobyTrap View Post
    oh yeah, and i'm also in the middle of reading more preacher comics...
    Just wait until you read the “All in the Family” storyline. That’s my personal favorite Preacher story which has the distinction of having the craziest family of Southerners this side of Flannery O’Connor and William Faulkner.

Anyways, I just finished reading:

Octavia Butler’s Bloodchild and Other Stories
    Beowulf (Seamus Healey Translation)

And I am currently reading:

China Mieville’s Perdido Street Station
    Alex Garland’s The Beach
    I am a man of substance, of flesh and bone, fiber and liquids
- and I might even be said to possess a mind.

I am invisible, simply because people refuse to see me.
    ― Ralph Ellison

The current issue of Popular Photography.

Quote Originally Posted by orpheus View Post
    Just wait until you read the ďAll in the FamilyĒ storyline. Thatís my personal favorite Preacher story which has the distinction of having the craziest family of Southerners this side of Flannery OíConnor and William Faulkner.

Anyways, I just finished reading:

Octavia Butlerís Bloodchild and Other Stories
    Beowulf (Seamus Healey Translation)
    i read through the "all in the family" storyline. was very pleased on how his grandma "exited."

i read octavia butler's Parable of the Sower. that book disturbed me so much i didn't want to keep it as a part of my book collection.

beowulf = cool.
    haven't read that since freshman year of high school.

Had to put Don Quixote on hold due to school.

Twelfth Night by Billy Shakespeare.
    Prince George: You know, Blackadder, for me socks are like sex. Lots of it about and I never seem to get any.

RustyMath

Currently:
    "Team of Rivals" by Doris Kearns Goodwin. About Lincoln and his cabinet. Good read.

Most recent:
    "Flags of Our Fathers" was fair, good story but not very well written. Just purchased the movie but haven't found time to read it.

"1776" By David McCullough? Follows Washington through the year 1776. Excellent read.

"Timber Frame Joinery: Design and Construction of Timber Frame Structures" very dry.

because i'm not one to finish a book before starting a new one...i just picked up "Tower of Secrets" by Victor Sheymov. It's about a guy who was pretty deep in the KGB and how he defected to the US and worked with the CIA. I'm excited because i've been looking for this book for a while since it's been out of print and i just got it at Book Baron (probably one of the greatest places of my entire life. why didn't anyone tell me about this earlier??) wednesday.