Page 174 of 174 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174
Results 1,731 to 1,734 of 1734

Thread: What are you reading? What was the last book you enjoyed?

4th Line Grinder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Last thing I read was this thread. Last book was Probably if you take a mouse to school.

Regina...rhymes with fun
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    259 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IceWarrior View Post
    Last thing I read was this thread. Last book was Probably if you take a mouse to school.
    Ahh, the great sequel to "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie". I wrote a fan fiction book called "If You Give a Mouse a Feral Cat". The illustrations are sick.

Regina...rhymes with fun
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    259 Post(s)

Raven One- I've seen this book characterized as a technothriller but the plot isn't really fleshed out enough to really fill that description. Its a very straightforward plot regarding a Navy F-18 pilot, the in's and out's and who's and what's of a deployed carrier group and air wing, in which all gets tested following an incident in the Persian Gulf. The technical specifics, tactics and jargon are very detailed and the author expects you to keep up. If you are a fighter, navy or military geek, this is a good but simple book. If not, there isn't enough elsewhere to make this worth your while. I enjoyed it.

Regina...rhymes with fun
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    259 Post(s)

Added Shogun to an order to get free shipping. I bailed on another of Clavell's epics and I wasn't impressed with the televised miniseries that my mother made the family watch when I was a wee lad so I didn't have high expectations. Pleasantly surprised though. He certainly is a researching fool. I'm over half way through and I'm certain I'll finish it within a couple of weeks (still several hundred pages to go). Sometimes taking a chance on a book works out well.