Click Here!
Page 217 of 307 FirstFirst ... 117167207215216217218219227267 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,170 of 3062

Thread: The recommend-a-beer thread

  1. #2161

    Default

    Had a lot of new brews over the weekend and the most interesting was the 11-11-11. I bought it on the respective and overrated day while others were getting married, but not at 11:11 - am or pm.

    As I am the type to inject mexican peppers 3 times a day like a heroin addict would heroin - I must say the Anaheim Chilies have no place in this here beer. A subtle chili taste I suppose is suitable, but when the finish and palate is destroyed with what some might call Aaron Sanchez's moneyface - it just isn't a good thing. I respect the experimental thing going on here, as sometimes randomness pays off! But interjecting two very distinct areas of the world doesn't always work.

    I'm only going to finish this bottle because I paid hard working money for it. This one would be perfect to chase down with a Tequila shot and fried cheesy jalapenos

  2. #2162
    Time wounds all heels. Stormy2213's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    4,748
    Karma
    3278905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azagthoth View Post

    As I am the type to inject mexican peppers 3 times a day like a heroin addict would heroin - I must say the Anaheim Chilies have no place in this here beer. A subtle chili taste I suppose is suitable, but when the finish and palate is destroyed with what some might call Aaron Sanchez's moneyface - it just isn't a good thing. I respect the experimental thing going on here, as sometimes randomness pays off! But interjecting two very distinct areas of the world doesn't always work.
    I with you 100% on this one. I haven't found a chili beer out there that I could drink without having to force it down. I think the brewing world needs to move on from these experiments with chilies. Unless they're looking to find a way to make my beer taste like a carnitas burrito........

  3. #2163

    Default

    That reminds me, if anyone is around Ladyface, their cask ale is their Chesebro DIPA infused with ghost peppers. It's named Ghost Face Killah. Pretty good, the chilies tame the hoppiness of the beer and you definitely feel the burn without it overwhelming and taking over the rest of the beer. Don't think I could do a whole pint of it, but a few ounces was pretty good.

  4. #2164
    FIRE BETTMAN!! BeerMan's Avatar




    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    18,609
    Karma
    1456000
    Images
    39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy2213 View Post
    Anyway, look for the Hurricane Deck from Figueroa Mtn. It's a pretty damn good ale from a brewery that hasn't been around for very long as far as I can tell. They seem to have some dough as their packaging and marketing is pretty sweet. I saw one of their vans, painted like one of their labels, heading up the 101 the other day.

    Figueroa Mountain Brewing Co.
    I can't help but observe that the labels on their bottles make their beers look like salad dressings.
    I BELIEVE I'll have another beer!

  5. #2165
    Time wounds all heels. Stormy2213's Avatar




    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    4,748
    Karma
    3278905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeerMan View Post
    I can't help but observe that the labels on their bottles make their beers look like salad dressings.
    I looked at them and thought early 20th century. But now that you mention it, yes, they sorta do. I'm going to head down to the brewery in the next couple of weeks. I'll post a follow on to all this.

  6. #2166
    Lucky Luc! DRGinLBC's Avatar




    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,586
    Karma
    2147483647

    Default

    I drain poured it. Bad.

    Quote Originally Posted by Azagthoth View Post
    Had a lot of new brews over the weekend and the most interesting was the 11-11-11. I bought it on the respective and overrated day while others were getting married, but not at 11:11 - am or pm.

    As I am the type to inject mexican peppers 3 times a day like a heroin addict would heroin - I must say the Anaheim Chilies have no place in this here beer. A subtle chili taste I suppose is suitable, but when the finish and palate is destroyed with what some might call Aaron Sanchez's moneyface - it just isn't a good thing. I respect the experimental thing going on here, as sometimes randomness pays off! But interjecting two very distinct areas of the world doesn't always work.

    I'm only going to finish this bottle because I paid hard working money for it. This one would be perfect to chase down with a Tequila shot and fried cheesy jalapenos

  7. #2167
    #SimianNation mitchrock's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    25,688
    Karma
    2147457647
    Images
    5

    Default

    I liked the 11-11-11. The chili taste was great and offset by the cinnamon.

  8. #2168
    Waiting for the night Creeping Death's Avatar




    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    7,343
    Karma
    1090100

    Default

    I grabbed 2 11-11-11 over the weekend. one for immediate gratification and one to save for 12-12-12. With all of the vertical epics Im saving up, Im gonna be plastered on 12-12-12.

    I also grabbed a 4 pack of Goose Island's Matilda. Looking forward to trying that out this week.
    And thats how you get ants!

  9. #2169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DRGinLBC View Post
    I drain poured it. Bad.
    I wanted to give it the DP. There was enough Belgian Strong Dark in the back end to make it palatable for the buzz which equaled the money spent.

  10. #2170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mitchrock View Post
    I liked the 11-11-11. The chili taste was great and offset by the cinnamon.
    Man I wish I coulda picked up on the cinnamon but I honestly didn't :( I got all Chili mostly and zero cinnamon. If I got the sin in it perhaps my rating would be a bit nicer. I am always down to sample another bottle. Sometimes we have off palate nights but I just dont think that was the case (bottle) here.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •