Click Here!
Page 268 of 308 FirstFirst ... 168218258266267268269270278 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,680 of 3074

Thread: The recommend-a-beer thread

See disclosure notice

Images

Quote Originally Posted by KRC1221 View Post
    IPA's have just been an assault on my palette as of late.
    I thought I was the only one with this issue. I tried the Green Flash Red IPA the other night and it was undrinkable. All I tasted was hops. I'm a fan of moderately hoppy beers, but this was just a flat out hop attack. It's turned me away from the Green Flash brand as a whole.

My two favorite summer beers (since the season is rapidly approaching) are Skinny Dip by New Belgium and Summer Ale by Sam Adams. Both have a mild wheat presence with a slight citrus flavor, and both are extremely refreshing on a warm summer day. I haven't seen the Skinny Dip in some time, and some of the other New Belgium beers have been bad as of late, so this one may be just a memory now.
    Disclosure Notice: The above listed post is that of a disgruntled hockey fan on the internet and in no way should be taken as truth or any substance. It does not reflect the views of the host website or its sponsors. If you are offended, please take a moment to reflect on what was written, and then ask yourself whether or not there should have been a “/sarcasm” next to the statement. If you feel the poster took the comment too far, write a letter to Santa. Maybe that will help.
    Now go away.

Daxx, Skinny Dip got replaced by Somersault Ale a couple of years ago.
    I BELIEVE I'll have another beer!

Quote Originally Posted by daxx View Post
    I thought I was the only one with this issue. I tried the Green Flash Red IPA the other night and it was undrinkable. All I tasted was hops. I'm a fan of moderately hoppy beers, but this was just a flat out hop attack. It's turned me away from the Green Flash brand as a whole.

My two favorite summer beers (since the season is rapidly approaching) are Skinny Dip by New Belgium and Summer Ale by Sam Adams. Both have a mild wheat presence with a slight citrus flavor, and both are extremely refreshing on a warm summer day. I haven't seen the Skinny Dip in some time, and some of the other New Belgium beers have been bad as of late, so this one may be just a memory now.
    New Belgium, as a whole, produces some of the most mediocre beer out there. I know they do the Lips of Faith stuff and all that - but even that stuff is like AB/Miller/Coors doing "craft" beer. It's just not that good at all.

On a better note, Libertine Pub in Morro Bay cracked a Waldo's Special 420 Ale (DIPA/IIPA) keg from Lagunitas yesterday. 99% of bars only crack those kegs on 4/20, but somehow they were able to break the rules. Anyway, it clocks in at 9.2% ABV and it is DELICIOUS!. If you have a local that has it on tap this Saturday, I'd suggest getting in there and having one or two. It's super yummy. Sweet and hoppy and thick and just uber-quaffable.

New app:

BeerHunt app wants you to have fun and free beer | Mobile - CNET News

I've set this up with a couple buddies this morning. It's buggy and has it's flaws. BUT...it has potential.

Quote Originally Posted by DRGinLBC View Post
    New app:

BeerHunt app wants you to have fun and free beer | Mobile - CNET News

I've set this up with a couple buddies this morning. It's buggy and has it's flaws. BUT...it has potential.
    Not only is it a beer app, but if you pay attention it was made by me cousing The Monkey Inferno!
    I AM THE STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

Deschutes Red Chair NWPA - I really enjoyed it. Very drinkable, doesn't overwhelm you with a stupid amount of hops or alcohol, but is still tasty.

Red Chair NWPA - Deschutes Brewery - Bend, OR - BeerAdvocate

Just picked up a couple bottles of Parabola. If you've never had it, I suggest it.

I see that the Pasadena and Long Beach chapters of Congregation Ale House will have Bourbon County Stout tonight starting at 7. They usually don't release this outside of Illinois, although with In Bev's ownership that may change. So far the traditional offerings of Goose Island have kept their quality, hope that this holds true with Bourbon County as well. This has been one of the best stouts produced, with people lining up for it like they do out here for Pliny the Younger.

Quote Originally Posted by DougW8 View Post
    I see that the Pasadena and Long Beach chapters of Congregation Ale House will have Bourbon County Stout tonight starting at 7. They usually don't release this outside of Illinois, although with In Bev's ownership that may change. So far the traditional offerings of Goose Island have kept their quality, hope that this holds true with Bourbon County as well. This has been one of the best stouts produced, with people lining up for it like they do out here for Pliny the Younger.
    Thanks for the alert. Love Bourbon County Stout.
    I AM THE STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

Quote Originally Posted by DougW8 View Post
    Wait...whaaaaaaaaaaat?

My wife and I cracked a bottle of BCS at Beachwood the other night. It was fantastic.