Taxi Squad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    576 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UnholyGoalie View Post
    I'm the type that would rather make a michelada than have one in a ready-made can, but if it floats your boat have at it. I don't give two craps what you pour down your gullet nor should you give two craps what I pour down mine.

I used to be snobbish about beer. Then I pulled my head out my ass.
    Heh. Easy UG I am being lovingly sardonic. No judgement. I'm a little cross faded so maybe posting was a bad idea. Just goofing around and 'trying' to fit in. *Smile* Keep having fun.

As an aside: all I have in my fridge is ponzu and pesto. Not sure that plus any alcohol would be tasty, although on salmon, that sounds delicious. Action Bronson would feel me.

Sausage King of Chicago
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3267 Post(s)

If you're ever in England, and stumble into a pub which serves this stuff, I highly recommend trying it. It's hard to find on tap even in the UK, so I'm posting as a "just in case." You can find it in bottles here, but it doesn't come in bottles or cans with the nitrogen widget, so it doesn't taste anything like what it tastes like coming out of a tap.

And I'm sure a lot of you have tried Murphy's. It's pretty good beer, and they have the best commercials.

Well, maybe not the best

Last edited by santiclaws; July 14th, 2018 at 10:02 PM.

Hell yes.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    262 Post(s)

I've been to Ireland twice and have had my share of Guinness, Murphy's, and Beamish. My preference is still Guinness but I would be happy with a pint of any Irish stout.

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) ?\_(ツ)_/?
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1014 Post(s)

I was in Alaska last month. While in Juneau, and after a lot of hiking and walking, I asked a local for the best fish and chips restaurant. He told me where to go (Hangar on the Wharf - thanks Tim!!). We plopped down, ordered the fish and chips (a-****ing-mazing) and I told the waitress, "give me your darkest, strongest beer." She gave me this:

I definitely recommend (on tap if you can find it). Two glasses of this stuff had me feeling ship shape. Now I just need to find a local supply...
    "And then scoring three goals on the power play to really shove it up their butts was really awesome." -Drew Doughty, January 2nd, 2018 @ EDM post-game quote.

Selke Smooth
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1286 Post(s)

My sister sent me a sixer of this stuff. Went to the brewery when I was in the Dallas area and this was one of the few beers that stood out to me.

"We still have some guys that haven't scored since Jesus was a baby" - Sutter

User formerly known as

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    371 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UnholyGoalie View Post
    My buddy brought a 4-pack of this over a couple weeks ago. I'd seen it many times but always passed it assuming it was some mediocre lager. I was wrong. It's a solid British style pub ale that one could stay on all day long. Good stuff.
    I just tried this. I also thought it was just a novelty beer but I liked it.

Selke Smooth
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1286 Post(s)

A little something to help enjoy the rainy weather

"We still have some guys that haven't scored since Jesus was a baby" - Sutter

User formerly known as