Click Here!
Page 95 of 308 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145195 ... LastLast
Results 941 to 950 of 3074

Thread: The recommend-a-beer thread

  1. #941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mitchrock View Post
    HAven't tried it. Just tried Green Flash Le Freak. Great stuff, simlar to Stone's Cali-Belgique, just a little lighter.

    Another good bet right now is He'brew 12 Jewbilation. Hearty brew. Full of flavor, don't notice the 12% alcohol in it.
    Making a run to Sandy's in SLO tomorrow to stock up on all the holiday brews. I LOVE this time of year for beer. I'll seek the Jewbilation out and grab some if they carry it. I'm also hoping for the Scaldis Christmas brew and anything else out of the ordinary.

    One thing I used to be able to get in the 80's was the Christmas brew Dos Equis made, Noche Buena ( may have been Buena Noche?). I haven't been able to find that forever. I have no recollection on whether it was good or not but always liked that I could buy a Mexican Christmas beer. Anybody know if they still make it?

  2. #942

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy2213 View Post
    Making a run to Sandy's in SLO tomorrow to stock up on all the holiday brews. I LOVE this time of year for beer. I'll seek the Jewbilation out and grab some if they carry it. I'm also hoping for the Scaldis Christmas brew and anything else out of the ordinary.

    One thing I used to be able to get in the 80's was the Christmas brew Dos Equis made, Noche Buena ( may have been Buena Noche?). I haven't been able to find that forever. I have no recollection on whether it was good or not but always liked that I could buy a Mexican Christmas beer. Anybody know if they still make it?
    The beer is still made, just not shipped to the U.S. anymore.


  3. #943

    Default

    Just finished a Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale, one of my ale time fav brews, but for the game I bought a 4-pack of 12 oz. bottle of Brother Thelonious from North Coast Brewing. I normally get the "bomber" sized bottles this comes in but couldn't pass up the smaller sized portions. I highly recommend this Belgian Style Abbey Ale to those of you who haven't discovered it. Nice malty nose, raisiny/plum notes, very much in the Belgian Abbey Ale style. Reminds me of a Chimay Blue but the thing I love the most is that North Coast Brewing makes a contribution to the Thelonious Monk Institute of Jazz for every bottle they sell.

  4. #944

    Default

    Changed my mind. Just found a 1pt. 9.4 oz bottle of St. Bernardus Christmas Ale from last year buried in my fridge. Going to bring that up to cellar temp and pour! Oh man, this is going to rock.

    Attachment 1855

    EDIT: Oh, wow, WOW! This is some phenomenal stuff. This makes me ALMOST want to move to Wattou and join the brothers in their brewing efforts. I want to be pickled in this when I die.
    Last edited by Stormy2213; June 6th, 2011 at 03:11 PM.

  5. #945

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy2213 View Post
    Just finished a Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale, one of my ale time fav brews, but for the game I bought a 4-pack of 12 oz. bottle of Brother Thelonious from North Coast Brewing. I normally get the "bomber" sized bottles this comes in but couldn't pass up the smaller sized portions. I highly recommend this Belgian Style Abbey Ale to those of you who haven't discovered it. Nice malty nose, raisiny/plum notes, very much in the Belgian Abbey Ale style. Reminds me of a Chimay Blue but the thing I love the most is that North Coast Brewing makes a contribution to the Thelonious Monk Institute of Jazz for every bottle they sell.
    Big fan of Celebration ale myself. Thinking of picking up a 12 pack so I well stocked.
    I AM THE STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

  6. #946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy2213 View Post
    Changed my mind. Just found a 1pt. 9.4 oz bottle of St. Bernardus Christmas Ale from last year buried in my fridge. Going to bring that up to cellar temp and pour! Oh man, this is going to rock.

    Attachment 1855

    EDIT: Oh, wow, WOW! This is some phenomenal stuff. This makes me ALMOST want to move to Wattou and join the brothers in their brewing efforts. I want to be pickled in this when I die.
    I had an 07 St. Bernardus Christmas Ale that I bought from Lone Hill Liquor and it was absolutely phenomenal! It ages nicely that is for damn sure. I stocked up on a lot of archived Belgian Xmas ales from Lone Hill Liquor and I would say that the N'ICE Chouffe and St. Bernardus were by far the best. I wasn't big on the Gulden Draak Vintage. The Affligem Noel was amazing, and I still have several left to try. The Canaster Winterscotch was a bit of a letdown unfortunately.....

  7. #947

    Default

    Fell in love with The Abyss by Dechutes last night. Love the coffee, chocolate, caramel taste.



    Picked up Jolly Pumpkin / Nøgne-Ø / Stone Special Holiday Ale. Have not tried it yet.
    I AM THE STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

  8. #948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mitchrock View Post
    Fell in love with The Abyss by Dechutes last night. Love the coffee, chocolate, caramel taste.



    Picked up Jolly Pumpkin / Nøgne-Ø / Stone Special Holiday Ale. Have not tried it yet.
    Where did you pick up The Abyss at? That is one of my alltime favorites!!!

    The collaboration holiday ale is fantastic ! Very unique and you can really taste all 3 breweries in each sip.

  9. #949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azagthoth View Post
    I had an 07 St. Bernardus Christmas Ale that I bought from Lone Hill Liquor and it was absolutely phenomenal! It ages nicely that is for damn sure. I stocked up on a lot of archived Belgian Xmas ales from Lone Hill Liquor and I would say that the N'ICE Chouffe and St. Bernardus were by far the best. I wasn't big on the Gulden Draak Vintage. The Affligem Noel was amazing, and I still have several left to try. The Canaster Winterscotch was a bit of a letdown unfortunately.....
    I have a couple of bottles of La Chouffe left over from last year as well! I need to stock up on this year's model and stash for next year. And I need to find more St. Bernardus. Spikes didn't have any but there is a cheese shop here in Paso Robles that sometimes gets it. Tonight I've got the Brother Thelonious or St. Bernardus Prior 8 to choose from. I love my options.

  10. #950

    Default

    Celebration Ale is very tasty this year. I only picked up a sixer - and only two left. :(

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •