Click Here!
Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: WWE RAW, Smackdown, & PPV Discussion Thread 2011

Hybrid View

Talking WWE RAW, Smackdown, & PPV Discussion Thread 2011

Happy New Year to all my wrestling friends here on LGK. I guess it's time for a new thread and I'll start it off with a Smackdown review from New Year's Eve!

Friday Night Smackdown Review - 12/31/10

Outstanding episode of Smackdown to close 2010. I figured that this episode would be a throwaway one since hardly anyone will be watching but I was wrong. This was entertaining throughout, especially the main event!

Dolph Ziggler, Vickie Guerrero, Kofi Kingston, Jack Swagger, and Teddy Long Segment

Dolph Ziggler and Vickie Guerrero kicked off Smackdown by talking about what John Cena did to Vickie Guerrero last week. They showed footage of Cena trying to give Vickie the AA Finisher. I loved what Vickie said here because she said, "I do not have an attitude, and it certainly didn't need an adjustment."

Basically, what Cena did to Vickie gave her vertigo. Dolph Ziggler explained to the fans what the symptoms are from vertigo. (By the way, this totally made me think of Tom Preissing.)

Kofi Kingston came out showed footage of Vickie climbing the ladder at TLC and he said she had no problems with her vertigo then. What Kofi said made ZERO sense here considering Vickie Guerrero said she has vertigo because of Cena and not what happened at TLC 2 weeks ago.

Kofi said he wanted a rematch for the Intercontinental Championship because Ziggler didn't "deserve to be a champ". Out comes the two time all American American Jack Swagger.

Swagger says that he is a former World Heavyweight Champ and that he should have the IC Title around his waist. I believe Dolph said he would love to have a match tonight but he has a New Year's Eve party to get to.

Teddy Long then came out and booked a Triple Threat IC Title match for the main event.

Big Show vs Dashing Cody Rhodes

This feud apparently started at TLC when Show (as Santa) stripped Cody down to his underwear... Dashing Cody Rhodes also attacked Hornswoggle last week as an act of revenge, thus setting up this match.

Cody took a beating here from Big Show. He also suffered a big stink face attack from Big Show for a long 4 count at the turnbuckle.

Big Show signaled to the crowd for a knockout punch and Dashing Cody Rhodes left the ring and headed to the back for a count-out loss.

Final Result: Big Show by count-out.

Drew McIntyre vs Trent Barreta

Wow! A Trent Barreta sighting on Smackdown. The commentators mentioned that Kaval got squashed by Drew last week. This match was interesting. Trent Barreta looks to be somewhat showcased here as he didn't get squashed.

What really annoyed me during this match was how Michael Cole and Josh Mathews behaved. They gave ZERO credit to Trent. Matt Striker kept trying to hype up Trent saying he's got potential and how he can be exciting... but Cole and Mathews pretty much said things like, "Who cares?" and "He won't get anywhere in this company".

Weird huh? Face commentators bashing on a face while the heel commentator tries to put over the face.

Anyway, Drew was knocked outside the ring and Trent Barreta flew over the top rope trying to hit Drew but he ducked, which resulted in a really nasty bump for Trent. The ref quickly called for the bell and Drew McIntyre won by "knockout".

Final Result: Drew McIntyre by knockout.

After the match, Drew McIntyre gave Trent Barreta the Future Shock DDT outside the ring and said Happy New Year. Nice and evil, I like!

Edge (World Heavyweight Champion) & Rey Mysterio vs Alberto Del Rio & Kane

Edge came out kind of old school here with the sunglasses and the trench coat. Pretty cool, I hope he keeps it!

The match was okay for what it's worth. It lasted about 10 minutes and the end came when Alberto Del Rio got hit with the 619 and a Spear.

Final Result: Edge & Rey Mysterio by pinfall.

Natalya (Divas Champion) & Beth Phoenix vs LayCool

Pretty darn good Divas match and it lasted a good 8+ minutes. Not much to say here, it was back and forth but the finish came when Beth Phoenix hit Michelle McCool with the Glam Slam.

Final Result: Natalya & Beth Phoenix by pinfall.

Backstage segments of the Holla Holla Holla-day New Years Eve Party

These segments were HILARIOUS. Lots of Chavo and it was fun. My only gripe was that there were a lot of wrestlers backstage that had no lines. This would have been perfect to showcase some of the lesser talents and have their personalities shown to the audience.

Segment 1 - Rosa Mendes was feeding cheese to Hornswoggle and telling him what a great year it's been for her. What great year? Then Conor O'Brian comes in and freaks out Rosa. Alberto Del Rio scolds his NXT rookie and told him to leave Rosa and that "thing" (Hornswoggle) alone.

Teddy Long then asked if any Superstar had any resolutions for 2011 and Drew McIntyre stepped up. He said he has two resolutions. #1 - He will be champion in 2011. #2 - He'll try to be a better person (while looking at Kelly Kelly.)

Chavo then came up holding champagne acting all drunk. He called people ignorant and was telling people off until Teddy Long told him that he was drinking non-alcoholic champagne. Everyone looked pissed at Chavo and he said "Happy New Year?"

Segment 2 - Chavo was talking to the eagle and he was telling him that no one understands him at all. The eagle offered Chavo a hug and they hugged it out. Hilarious inside joke here since Chavo is the eagle. Teddy Long was about to make his New Year's Resolutions when LayCool came. They said they didn't need to make resolutions because they're flawless.

They just said that they didn't lose the table's match because they were both too skinny to go through it. Natalya was the one that had to jump on them to break it. Natalya and Beth Phoenix came and insulted them and the 4 divas bickered back and forth until Teddy Long told them to settle it in the ring tonight. After that, Teddy said "that was a close one Mr. Eagle" to the Eagle and he nodded.

Segment 3 - Chavo said, "This party is lame" to Kaitlyn and she agreed. Chavo said he knows how to lighten up the party and grabbed a balloon. He sucked the helium from it and said, "Hi, I'm Chavo Guerrero" in his regular voice. Kaitlyn told him that there's no helium in the balloons and Chavo got pissed and walked away.

Chris Masters flexed shirtless and asked Hornswoggle what he got. Hornswoggle did what Chris Masters did and then Kaitlyn walked off with Hornswoggle... to which Masters said, "REALLY?" That was really funny.

Then Big Show talked to Kelly Kelly. Big Show said he knows he is Kelly Kelly's BFF (since when?) and that if she wants to go out with Drew McIntyre then she should be careful. Kelly Kelly thanks Show for looking out for her and then Dashing Cody Rhodes said this is not a party when Big Show tried to break his face.

Big Show got mad and wanted to fight but Teddy Long stopped it. He said every year this happens...a fight always breaks out. But not this year. He then announced two huge matches to kick off 2011 for Smackdown next week. Alberto Del Rio vs Rey Mysterio in a 2 out of 3 falls match and Kane vs Edge for the World Heavyweight Title in a Last Man Standing match.

Segment 4 - Teddy congratulated everyone a successful 2010. He said everyone matured and he's glad that this is the 1st party that didn't end in a fight. Chavo stepped up again and said, "This is the lamest party he's ever been to". Big Show offered Chavo a drink and Chavo said, "Finally! I've been waiting all night."

Big Show then poured a bowl of punch all over Chavo and Hornswoggle laughed. Chavo got mad and slammed Hornswoggle's face on a cake and then all hell broke loose. Everyone threw food at Chavo and left. Chavo then said "Now this is what I call a party!" to end the segment.

I thoroughly enjoyed these segments. They were fun to watch!

Triple Threat Intercontinental Championship Match: Dolph Ziggler (Intercontinental Champion) w/Vickie Guerrero vs Kofi Kingston vs Jack Swagger

Great main event and the focus was on the IC Title for a change.

Dolph and Jack teamed up and worked over Kofi for the most part early in the match. The match had lots of nearfalls and counters. Basically everything you can ask for!

They went 15+ minutes and it was entertaining from beginning to end. The end came when Kofi Kingston hit Jack Swagger with the Trouble in Paradise finisher. Dolph then quickly rolled up Kofi and grabbed a handful of tights to retain the IC Title.

Final Result: Dolph Ziggler by pinfall.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Looking forward to RAW tonight. I'll be at Staples for Kings/Blackhawks... so I'll miss RAW live. Hopefully someone has the episode up somewhere and I can catch it commercial free later at night.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

Out of Hibernation
    Images

Any chance Triple H doesn't show up as #30 in the Rumble?

Default Monday Night RAW Review - 01/03/11

Caught RAW on Youtube late Monday night. Haven't had a chance to comment on it but I will now.

Monday Night RAW Review - 01/03/11

Great show. Solid effort for the 1st RAW of the year. I just have to ask... why can't it always be like this?

WWE Championship Falls Count Anywhere Match: The Miz (WWE Champion) w/Alex Riley vs John Morrison

The King wasn't at RAW this week to sell the "injuries" he suffered from The Miz last week. This match was amazing. In fact, it was a PPV quality match... which is bad for Morrison and I'll tell you why I think that in a bit. What also annoyed me was how they kept saying that a Falls Count Anywhere match favors Morrison. I asked this last week and I'll ask it again.. How does it favor him?! He's practically in a handicap match and can lose anywhere in the arena.

Anyway... Alex Riley immediately interfered in this match, which is great because it makes sense! I never quite understood No DQ matches or other type of matches where the manager just sits back and only interferes when he wants to.

Morrison fought off the two of them real quick and really made A-Ri look bad.. There was a sweet spot where Morrison jumped off the WWE logo on the stage and onto Miz and A-Ri. Then Morrison "knocked out" A-Ri with a knee to the face while he was on the barricades. Then Mathews says once again how the environment favored Morrison because he took out A-Ri. Ooooookay.

The Miz did counter a bit here and there but Morrison really stood out. The Miz even kicked out of the Starship Pain which is cool. The finish came when Morrison had The Miz on a table outside the ring and Morrison executed a beautiful Starship Pain from the ring apron. That's one hell of a bump for JoMo because The Miz rolled out of the way.

The Miz then finished him off with the Skull Crushing Finale outside the ring to retain the WWE Championship. Now the reason why I felt having a PPV quality match on RAW was bad for Morrison is because they wrote him off immediately as a title contender.

Cole and Mathews plugged a Triple Threat #1 Contender Steel Cage match for tonight, completely ignoring Morrison. That's gotta suck for him.

Final Result: The Miz retained the WWE Championship by pinfall.

Natalya (Divas Champion), Brie Bella, & Eve vs Melina, Alicia Fox, & Maryse

This match was kind of weird.. and the finish didn't make sense from a wrestling standpoint. So they only had one Bella Twin in the match just so they can do the usual bait and switch.

The match itself was alright... but here's the weird thing. Melina was beating up Natalya and Eve was waiting for the hot tag. Instead of giving Eve the hot tag, Natalya turned around and gave Melina the spinning clothesline finisher first and then she tagged in Eve. Doesn't quite make sense now does it? Eve, with nothing to do hit one little move and just pinned Melina to win..

Final Result: Natalya, Eve, & "Brie Bella" (It was Nikki celebrating).

The Usos vs Santino Marella & Vladimir Kozlov (WWE Tag Team Champions) w/Tamina

Tamina is now managing Santino and Vladimir and apparently doesn't really care for The Usos anymore without any reason other than the fact that she's dating Santino. Seems kind of fishy... I have a feeling that down the line, Tamina will turn on Santino and that way, he'll drop the Tag Titles to The Usos.

Speaking of The Usos, they're apparently relevant again. I have another gripe about this match again. Cole mentioned that if The Usos can pick up a victory here... they'll be "back in the title picture". WWE seems to do that a lot lately and I don't like it. Why not have The Usos face another tag team on RAW like say... Slater and Gabriel? Why does a team always have to defeat the Tag Champs to be "in the picture"? It makes the champs look weak going into a title match every time that happens.

As for the match, Jimmy or Jey (I can never tell them apart) hit a Samoan drop on Santino and got the victory. After the match though, they attacked The Usos with a double cobra just for fun.

Final Result: The Usos by pinfall.

CM Punk, Wade Barrett & Nexus segment

Punk came out and we all thought he's the new leader of Nexus. Turns out... he isn't. He took credit for putting Cena on the shelf with the GTS to end RAW last week, but Wade Barrett came out and said he was the one who took Cena out at a house show.

Punk and Barrett both argued about who is still leader and Nexus came to the ring. Otunga said they both bring up good points... and the RAW GM interrupted. The RAW GM said that in the main event. It'll be King Sheamus vs Randy Orton vs CM Punk or Wade Barrett for the #1 Contender.

Since Wade said he's the leader, he'll be in the match. CM Punk said he doesn't want to argue since he wants to talk it out. Punk told Barrett that he can have the spot in the match and if Wade is truly the leader of Nexus, he'll win that match. If Wade Barrett loses, he's out of Nexus which will make Punk the new leader of Nexus.

Great stipulation. I was extremely intrigued with the main event.

Alberto Del Rio vs R-Truth

Alberto Del Rio is on RAW for no reason thus making the brand extension even more useless. Alberto said he'll win the Royal Rumble (which means he's the 1st confirmed entrant this year) and then R-Truth wanted a piece of him. Truth had a racist remark when he said he'll send Alberto back where he came from...

R-Truth dominated the action early but the Alberto Del Rio worked on his arm and eventually gave him the Armbar finisher. R-Truth took way too long to tap out though which kind of makes the finisher look a tad weak. =\ If Rey Mysterio taps out to it in 5 seconds, Truth has no business waiting 30 seconds to tap.

Final Result: Alberto Del Rio by submission.

Triple Threat #1 Contender for the WWE Championship Steel Cage Match: King Sheamus vs Randy Orton vs Wade Barrett

In normal Steel Cage matches, you can win by pinfall, submission, or escape. Michael Cole and Josh Mathews pointed out that the only way to win THIS match is by escape only. So someone explain to me why we had a referee inside the ring?

This match was pretty awesome. All three superstars got to shine as they all had their moments. The only thing that really bugs me is how there is ZERO logic when it comes to escaping the cage.

This happened quite a few times but I'll use one example. Randy Orton climbs to the top of the cage. Sheamus grabs Orton's right leg but Orton already has his left leg over the cage. Wade Barrett climbs the cage to pull Orton's left leg back inside the ring. The two beat up Orton and he falls and then Sheamus AND Barrett both climb back down safely to resume battle.

That kind of logic just baffles the hell out of me especially since one of them can climb out when the other is completely distracted.. lol

The door on the cage is also stupid. I think cage matches are better if the superstar has to climb it instead don't you think? Why have the ref open it for you only for your opponent to grab your leg like a little kid?

Anyway, the finish came when Wade Barrett knocked both Orton and Sheamus down successfully. Barrett was struggling to climb to the top but CM Punk ran to the ring. Punk scaled the cage like spiderman and offered Barrett a hand. CM Punk looked like a team player here and Wade Barrett accepted his help. But the CM Punk shocked the hell out of me by ripping off Wade Barrett's Nexus armband and kicking him down. To add insult to injury, Wade Barrett ate the Brogue Kick finisher from King Sheamus.

Orton then RKOed Sheamus and walked out the door easily. The finish would have looked better if Orton climbed it but whatever. So once again, we see Orton in the main event at the Royal Rumble against The Miz.

Final Result: Randy Orton by escape through the door.

Wow. I'm torn on this situation. I really liked Nexus and hated how Cena buried them with ease. I thought having Punk and Barrett in Nexus would be great for the stable but now Barrett is gone from Nexus. There's no question that Wade Barrett will be successful on his own. He's already established as a top heel in the business and has mic skills to boot. The only problem with Wade Barrett being on his own is that he hasn't won a "big match" on his own.

As for Nexus, I'm still excited to see where CM Punk takes them. I hope it's not another Straight Edge Society because unfortunately Luke Gallows did nothing for that stable as it was all Punk.

Looking back... I think I'm more of a Wade Barrett fan than I am a Nexus fan. Hopefully Wade will have success going solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Watti
    Any chance Triple H doesn't show up as #30 in the Rumble?
    No chance. I think HHH is good to go by now. If King Sheamus is in the rumble, I have a feeling HHH will be the one eliminating him.

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

Thanks for the recap TooCool, its amazing how much more enjoyable RAW is without Super Cena. I'm actually curious how Nexus/Barret thing plays out, I don't think Barret has been built up as a singles guy and like you mentioned he hasn't won any matches on his own. Maybe He'll have to face a gauntlet type match to get out of Nexus and that's where he gets his singles career started.

I agree HHH should be back by the Rumble and people will mark out like crazy and I think this is his last go around because he always seems to get a big injury that puts them out for months at a time and he knows it that's why he's started transitioning into the business side of the WWE.

I do give him a lot of credit as he really played the wrestling politics perfectly and now is set for life and in position to be the next Chairman of the WWE

Didn't catch RAW again this past Monday because of Kings/Leafs at Staples. I read the results and it felt bland to me so I don't think I'll spend 90 minutes to watch this on Youtube.

I did however watch Smackdown last Friday and it was such a great show. Everything is flowing so well on the blue brand. I'll type my review when I get a chance later today.

Rink Dawg

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    Didn't catch RAW again this past Monday because of Kings/Leafs at Staples. I read the results and it felt bland to me so I don't think I'll spend 90 minutes to watch this on Youtube.

I did however watch Smackdown last Friday and it was such a great show. Everything is flowing so well on the blue brand. I'll type my review when I get a chance later today.
    it seemed like it was lacking in the wrestling department but all of the CM Punk stuff was gold and only one Cena segment if you can watch those segments and give your opinion on that it would be cool

Quote Originally Posted by Dawdler
    it seemed like it was lacking in the wrestling department but all of the CM Punk stuff was gold and only one Cena segment if you can watch those segments and give your opinion on that it would be cool
    Thanks for pointing out those segments Dawdler. I watched the clips on WWE.com and they were pretty interesting. I forgot what Punk said about initiating the members of Nexus into the new Nexus. Was it to see who can pass the test or something? Is it so that they can prove they're worth enough for Punk?

Michael McGillicutty - Mike had to take a Nexus style beat down to get initiated. It's interesting that Husky Harris looked very hesitant to attack him since they were on NXT Season 2 together. David Otunga attacked McGillicutty first since Husky wasn't doing it. Heath Slater had no problems delivering his finisher either. Then Husky attacked 3rd with his splash followed by Gabriel's 450 splash. To top it off, Punk hit the GTS on McGillicutty.

Husky Harris - For Harris's initiation, he gets 3 lashes each from Nexus. Otunga whipped Husky, as did Slater. Justin Gabriel looked a little hesitant this time around but did it anyway. CM Punk then whipped Husky many many times to end the segment.

David Otunga - Big Show was apparently in the ring (on RAW for some reason) talking about winning the Rumble. Otunga comes out with Nexus (standing at the ramp) and I guess it's time for Otunga's initiation. He slapped Big Show and then stood still while Big Show destroyed him.

Justin Gabriel & Heath Slater - CM Punk gave them both Kendo Sticks and said they had to beat each other with it until he said to stop. Gabriel and Slater hesitated for a long time and ultimately refused to attack each other. This does make sense because last week on RAW, Gabriel and Slater did say something about being torn between Wade Barrett and CM Punk. So since both Gabriel and Slater refused to hit each other, it seems like they're out of Nexus.

CM Punk/John Cena - Punk was on top of the Titantron and said his initiation test is to jump off the titantron. The crowd was gullible and thought he was going to do it but Punk said he didn't have to do it since he's the leader of Nexus. So we see Punk in the ring with Otunga, Harris, and McGillicutty. Cena appeared on the titantron "live via satellite" and said that he'll be back next week and challenged Punk to a match. Cena even said the word "ass" on TV!

-------------------------------------------------

So on RAW.. it's Punk vs Cena. Interesting. I wonder how healthy Cena really is. I also couldn't help but noticed that they kept saying "New Nexus". This didn't make much sense at the time but after watching Smackdown, it made a ton of sense. I'll have the more recent Smackdown review coming up soon. Thanks for reading!

Rink Dawg

Default Friday Night Smackdown Review - 01/07/11

Apologies for the late Smackdown review from last week. Wanted to type the review during work but didn't get the chance. Then on top of the Kings sucking so badly... I got sick too. I really want to touch up on last Friday's Smackdown because it was a really important episode.

Friday Night Smackdown Review - 01/07/11

World Heavyweight Championship Last Man Standing Match: Edge (World Heavyweight Champion) vs Kane

They kicked off the first Smackdown of the new year with a World Heavyweight Title match. Much like on RAW with the WWE Title. This match was good. It started off extremely slow (like most Kane/Edge matches). They fought in the crowd, in the stands, and even on the concourse. Every time I see them fight in the crowd far away from the ring, I always think... "It doesn't matter how far away your seats are, the money is worth it when they come to you".

I wonder if the refs hate officiating this type of match because they always have to slowly count to 10 over and over.

Kane did have a few moments in this match where he looked like he would actually win the World Heavyweight Title again. He chokeslammed Edge through the announce table. What was interesting was that Matt Striker was on his knees next to Edge as if he was "in the moment" in his commentary. Edge had trouble getting up so by the 8 count, he used Striker is leverage to get up before the count of 10.

Kane hit another chokeslam on Edge inside the ring but Edge again got up. I believe Edge eventually hit a Spear on Kane but Kane wouldn't stay down either. Edge then hit another spear on Kane and used a chair to attack his knee as well. Kane tried getting up once again but stumbled on his "hurt" knee during the count of 9 and Edge retained the World Heavyweight Title.

Final Result: Edge retained the World Heavyweight Championship.

Intercontinental Championship Match: Kofi Kingston vs Dolph Ziggler (Intercontinental Champion) w/Vickie Guerrero

Great match from these two superstars yet again. It was back and forth all the way and you really couldn't tell who would win this match. These two guys were countering moves over and over and it was a PPV quality match.

The finish came when Kofi Kingston hit a cross body off the top rope and got the surprising 3 count to win the Intercontinental Championship!

Final Result: Kofi Kingston wins the Intercontinental Championship by pinfall.

After the match, Dolph Ziggler attacked Kofi Kingston out of frustration and hit the Zig Zag finisher on him. Then Vickie Guerrero got on the mic and said that Teddy Long isn't here tonight, so she's in charge. Which means that Dolph Ziggler gets a rematch RIGHT NOW.

Intercontinental Championship Match: Kofi Kingston (Intercontinental Champion) vs Dolph Ziggler w/Vickie Guerrero

This made Dolph look bad because as soon as he picked up Kofi Kingston to restart this match, Kofi hit a Trouble in Paradise out of nowhere to retain the IC Title.

Final Result: Kofi Kingston retains the Intercontinental Championship by pinfall.

They had a backstage segment after this match and Dolph was extremely pissed at Vickie. He said she was stupid for invoking his rematch clause so soon but Vickie counted by saying he had the upper hand. Dolph got mad and said maybe he should be her boyfriend and stormed out. Vickie then screamed in anger to end the segment.

#1 Contender Triple Threat Match for the World Heavyweight Championship: Dashing Cody Rhodes vs Big Show vs Drew McIntyre

Before this match started... Vickie Guerrero came out again and added Dolph Ziggler to this match!

#1 Contender Fatal Four Way Match for the World Heavyweight Championship: Dolph Ziggler vs Dashing Cody Rhodes vs Big Show vs Drew McIntyre

This is pretty insane. Dolph Ziggler is in his 3rd match of the night!

The story for this match was fun. Big Show showed his dominance over all the superstars and constantly knocked them all down with ease. Drew McIntyre had trouble staying in the ring for this one because every time he tried to fight, Big Show kept knocking him outside.

Ziggler and Rhodes kept getting abused by Big Show and they kept teaming up to no avail.

Just when it looks like Big Show is going for a chokeslam, Wade Barrett comes out of nowhere and demolishes Big Show. After Wade Barrett was done, the match kept going. Ziggler, Rhodes, and McIntyre kept their attacks on Big Show. They even fought outside where Drew, Dolph, Cody shoved Big Show through the barricades (which took out McIntyre as well).

They all eventually fought in the ring again, Big Show looks like he has the upper hand once again but was knocked down. Dolph motioned to Cody that they need to team up again and Cody turned his back on Dolph real quick so Dolph hit the Zig Zag finisher on Cody and won the match!

Final Result: Dolph Ziggler by pinfall.

Amazing! Dolph Ziggler went from losing his Intercontinental Title to failing to win it back to becoming the #1 Contender for the World Heavyweight Title all in 1 hour. That's how you book someone to move to the next level.

Michelle McCool w/Layla vs Kelly Kelly

Typical 3-5 minutes Divas match here. Kelly Kelly showed some unique moves which was nice to see. The finish came when Kelly Kelly was about to hit the K-2 Leg drop finisher but Michelle McCool somehow reversed it and hit the Faithbreaker finisher to win the match.

Final Result: Michelle McCool by pinfall.

After the match LayCool assaulted Kelly Kelly and Drew McIntyre made the save. All Drew had to do was run into the ring. LayCool saw him and backed off immediately. I really like where they're going with the Drew/Kelly Kelly story.

2 out of 3 Falls Match: Rey Mysterio vs Alberto Del Rio

A lot of hype went into this match because the commentators say it'll end the rivalry between these two men. With all the hype, I was expecting something better but we got a very mediocre match out of this.

Alberto Del Rio got the first fall really quick when he went for the Cross Armbreaker Submission and Rey tapped out fast. Matt Striker said it was a smart move because Rey didn't want his arm snapped.

Rey Mysterio got the 2nd fall when he rolled up Del Rio.

For the 3rd fall, Alberto Del Rio won by... countout. This is how you end a "rivalry"? Really? Ricardo Rodriguez grabbed Mysterio's leg on the outside so he couldn't get back in to beat the 10 count was the finish.

After the match, Alberto Del Rio celebrated at the entrance ramp while Rey Mysterio took out his frustrations by attacking Ricardo Rodriguez to end the show.

Final Result: Alberto Del Rio wins the 2 out of 3 Falls match 2-1.

So there you have it. I really had to comment on last week's Smackdown because we have a new Intercontinental Champion, a new #1 Contender, and Wade Barrett is on Smackdown!

Rink Dawg

Holy s***! 40 man Royal Rumble announced!!!!!!!!

WWE: TV Shows > Royal Rumble > Matches > Match Preview

Thoughts?

I like that they're adding 10 more superstars. But truthfully speaking, they're just going from 25 superstars who have no chance in hell of winning the Rumble to 35 who have no chance in hell of winning.

90 second intervals, not too bad. Anyone know if Benoit holds the record for lasting the longest in a match? I wonder if this increase is to erase that record.

So far the matches announced are:

World Heavyweight Title Match: Edge (C) vs Dolph Ziggler
    WWE Title Match: The Miz (C) vs Randy Orton
    40-Man Royal Rumble

They still need to add about 2 more matches though.
    Last edited by TooCool; January 17th, 2011 at 04:12 PM.

Rink Dawg

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    Holy s***! 40 man Royal Rumble announced!!!!!!!!

WWE: TV Shows > Royal Rumble > Matches > Match Preview

Thoughts?

I like that they're adding 10 more superstars. But truthfully speaking, they're just going from 25 superstars who have no chance in hell of winning the Rumble to 35 who have no chance in hell of winning.

90 second intervals, not too bad. Anyone know if Benoit holds the record for lasting the longest in a match? I wonder if this increase is to erase that record.

So far the matches announced are:

World Heavyweight Title Match: Edge (C) vs Dolph Ziggler
    WWE Title Match: The Miz (C) vs Randy Orton
    40-Man Royal Rumble

They still need to add about 2 more matches though.
    Mysterio broke it a couple of years after, so Benoit isn't number one anymore.

The Royal Rumble is my favorite PPV of the year, so I welcome the extra 10 but I think its being done to cover the lack of creativity from "creative" to book matches that make sense, and like you mentioned it just adds another 10 who won't win the Rumble . as for the other two matches I'm guessing a Womans match and an IC title match.