Click Here!
Page 376 of 419 FirstFirst ... 276326366374375376377378386 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,760 of 4188

Thread: Last Movie Watched

I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lagwagon0 View Post
    She's the main reason I think the "Carrie" remake could turn out well.
    I think that the fact that it's directed by a woman and supposedly very female-centric could give it a chance at being relevant too. I never really cared all that much for DePalma's version. It was a real stripped down adaptation and this is supposed to be more in line with the book.

Watched the preview for Carrie the other day. Looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
    I think that the fact that it's directed by a woman and supposedly very female-centric could give it a chance at being relevant too. I never really cared all that much for DePalma's version. It was a real stripped down adaptation and this is supposed to be more in line with the book.
    Whaaaaaaaa?

Quote Originally Posted by adgy-san View Post
    Whaaaaaaaa?
    Ok, good performances from Piper Laurie(? is that right) and Sissy Spaceck aside it's pretty bare bones by the numbers stuff. And DePalma only has hisself to blame. Two of the most inane and epically unwatchable MOVIE THEATER(not home viewing) experiences of my ENTIRE LIFE, Mission to Mars and Snake Eyes have his stink all over them. Those two movies almost made me HATE movies and they represent the seventh layer of hell for movie fans imo. So, the epic stench of those two godawful movies has colored everything he has ever done, going forward or in retrospect for me. F U Mr. DePalma...Scarface is overrated.

Resident Cynic

PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 4

While I've always been a huge fan of found footage films, this was a shockingly lazy rehash of Paranormal Activity 3 with many of the same elements. In a way it's not really surprising because these movies are produced mere months before being released and apparently they had ZERO new ideas for this movie. It's pretty slow throughout and the scares that actually come are few and far between before the ending which is even hastily done.

That being said, I know I'll be the same sucker next year when the next one comes around.
    Last edited by lagwagon0; October 26th, 2012 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
    Ok, good performances from Piper Laurie(? is that right) and Sissy Spaceck aside it's pretty bare bones by the numbers stuff. And DePalma only has hisself to blame. Two of the most inane and epically unwatchable MOVIE THEATER(not home viewing) experiences of my ENTIRE LIFE, Mission to Mars and Snake Eyes have his stink all over them. Those two movies almost made me HATE movies and they represent the seventh layer of hell for movie fans imo. So, the epic stench of those two godawful movies has colored everything he has ever done, going forward or in retrospect for me. F U Mr. DePalma...Scarface is overrated.
    i've long ago reached the conclusement that Brian DePalma sucks... no really, he sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by gescom View Post
    i've long ago reached the conclusement that Brian DePalma sucks... no really, he sucks!
    Hang on, now.

Scarface is super overrated and a LOT of his flicks suck. Carrie is ****ing awesome, though, and what about

Blow Out
    Sisters
    ****ing PHANTOM OF THE PARADISE

and I think a case could also be made for:

Mission: Impossible
    Body Double
    The Untouchables

True, when the man makes a bad movie, he makes a BAD movie, but let's not forget his good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by adgy-san View Post
    Hang on, now.

Scarface is super overrated and a LOT of his flicks suck. Carrie is ****ing awesome, though, and what about

Blow Out
    Sisters
    ****ing PHANTOM OF THE PARADISE

and I think a case could also be made for:

Mission: Impossible
    Body Double
    The Untouchables

True, when the man makes a bad movie, he makes a BAD movie, but let's not forget his good stuff.
    Nope. Blow Out is overrated...Sisters/Phantom...maybe. MI is terrible. The betrayal of all things MI in my eyes, and I loved that tv show, used to get up @ 3am on schooldays to watch that and ISpy. The Untouchables is overrated too. Good performances by DeNiro/Connery save what is essential a pretty by-the-numbers affair. Body Double/Dressed to kill also overrated. His horrible cinema sins outweigh any good he has done...I repeat, F U Mr. DePalma. I want Snake Eyes and Mission to Mars 'eternal sunshine of the spotless mind'ed out of my memory!!!!!

Lol!

De Palma's lameness is largely based on him ripping off Hitchcock. He directed this film called Obsession, and hired Bernard Herrmann to do the soundtrack, and rumor has it that Hitch watched and said, this is just a ripoff of Vertigo. Lol, it pretty much is.

But to De Palma's credit, in my opinion, no one is going to criticize Phantom Of The Paradise on my watch! That movie is ****ing brilliant!
    Last edited by orpheus; October 26th, 2012 at 11:52 PM.