Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2984 Post(s)

Mentioned this in the shoutbox but 3 movies on the United long haul flights
    1) the Fugitive: man this movie is all kinds of pre cell phone good. Harrison Ford at his peak getting upstaged by Tommy. Plus the general stereotypical Chicago cop rings so true.
    2) Meatballs: I'd forgotten just how good this movie was. Irreverent without being completely unbelievable. The model of all camp movies and Murray is exceptional in his role.
    3) Necessary Roughness: man this movie is still underated. Loggia has to be the 90s generations that guy between Big, this and Independence day roles. Bakula and Sinbad even hold up. You know Neil degrasse still gets a hard-on for him in this movie

I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3970 Post(s)

So, yeah. Not at all a good time. Not cause it wasn't good, no no no. Just because it's basically watching a career well meaning ****-up go through a horrible evening on the run. Robert Pattinson is really good everybody. Dude has a future once everybody gets over the Twilight shi_e.

Go Tanner Go!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    352 Post(s)

Finally got around to watching this after very much enjoying the graphic novel. Nice job staying pretty close to the novel. I enjoyed this movie.

Selke Smooth
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1155 Post(s)

Had a bit of insomnia last night so I did some old school channel surfing and came across this turd. I'm a bit surprised I had never heard of it.

"We still have some guys that haven't scored since Jesus was a baby" - Sutter

Go Tanner Go!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    352 Post(s)

Unlike everyone else this weekend I didn't go see IT but did see this and thought it was tremendous! You should go see it in the theater if you get a chance.

Go Tanner Go!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    352 Post(s)

Borrowed this from the local library and it did not disappoint. Was expecting bad but was very pleasantly surprised it was good. I didn't read the manga so I had no reference.

And I went and saw this to a very packed house on Friday night. It was good but it could've been so much better. Keaton was great as was Dylan O'Brien but the director let it slip away.

Regina...rhymes with fun
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    259 Post(s)

[QUOTE=roenick;3251464]Borrowed this from the local library and it did not disappoint. Was expecting bad but was very pleasantly surprised it was good. I didn't read the manga so I had no reference.

[QUOTE]

I wish theaters would do flashback days in their IMAX rooms. Some movies like GITS really benefit from the scale. Not sure I even want to watch it on the small screen. But ScarJo, so yeah I would.

Resident Cynic
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    66 Post(s)

Picked up moviepass so I'm watching a back load of movies I probably would have waited to watch on video.

Spider-Man: Homecoming -- Loved how they handled Vulture and overall just felt extremely well done and competent. The action seemed a little toned down from expectations. B+
    The Hitman's Bodyguard -- Solid popcorn flick, laughed often and enjoyed myself. Who cares about the ludicrous plot. B
    IT -- So damn good, a few things at the end were handled a little differently then I preferred but as a whole all I wanted to see. A

Blu Ray:

Hacksaw Ridge -- My main regret was not seeing this earlier, such an intense display of war (Gibson movies always seem to bring up so many visceral feelings) A
    Baywatch -- Cheeky and funny at times, not often enough. C+
    Kong: Skull Island -- A lot to like here but I had bigger expectations (fair or not). B