Click Here!
Page 68 of 234 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118168 ... LastLast

Thread: All Things HORROR

This looks like fun.

McBASTARD'S MAUSOLEUM: DVD Review: THE PUPPET MONSTER MASSACRE (2010)

Verdict: THE PUPPET MONSTER MASSACRE is pure 80's splatter inspired puppet carnage with some fun kaiju elements. If you dig TEAM AMERICA: WORLD POLICE, Peter Jackson's MEET THE FEEBLES or Bill Zebub's DOLLA MORTE there's definitely something here for you to enjoy, worth a rental at the very least, recommended.

McBASTARD'S MAUSOLEUM: DARK NIGHT OF THE SCARECROW (1981) coming to Blu-ray!

VCI Entertainment have announced the October 11th release of DARK NIGHT OF THE SCARECROW on Blu-ray! Last September when they released this made-for-TV Halloween classic on DVD I was ecstatic and pined that the transfer was of such a caliber that it warranted a proper Blu-ray release and sure enough it has come to pass, read my reiew HERE. Sweetening the deal are the inclusion of brand new bonus features not included on the DVD edition; a Daniel Griffith Documentary, Q+A with Larry Drake, Tonya Crowe and J. D. Feigelson and a Behind the Scenes Photo Gallery. Not sure but let's hope for a sweet DTS-HD MA track, too.
    And their review:

McBASTARD'S MAUSOLEUM: DVD Review: Dark Night of the Scarecrow (1981)

VERDICT: DARK NIGHT OF THE SCARECROW is a must buy, no thought required. I surely can trace my love of all things horror to seeing this film the week before Halloween '81, and I cannot wait to watch this with my kids this Halloween. Not just a great made-for-TV film this is a classic of the horror genre, period.
    Never heard of this. JD, Orph? The couple times I've watched something based on this dude's recommendation, I thought he was pretty spot on, so I'm definitely curious about this'n.

Quote Originally Posted by adgy-san View Post
    McBASTARD'S MAUSOLEUM: DARK NIGHT OF THE SCARECROW (1981) coming to Blu-ray!

And their review:

McBASTARD'S MAUSOLEUM: DVD Review: Dark Night of the Scarecrow (1981)

Never heard of this. JD, Orph? The couple times I've watched something based on this dude's recommendation, I thought he was pretty spot on, so I'm definitely curious about this'n.
    It was a tv movie...had the guy who played the 'helmeted wonder'(Larry Drake???) on LA Law. Very strong for tv. Got the reissue when it came out last year. Don't know how much it'll clean up for blu, but it'll probably have a low m.s.r.p. anyhoo. Basic chestnut, something bad happens, so they blame the special needs kid and wrongfully kill him...a few scary music cues later a hulking brute in a scarecrow mask starts killing all those involved. It's good, better than it should be, for what it is. Recommend.

P.S. I GOTTA get that Puppet Monster Massacre flick. How that escaped my notice i can't begin to fathom. Thanks.

What JD said.

I haven't seen it, but it tends to be brought up with Trilogy of Terror and Don't Be Afraid of the Dark as to which is the scariest made for TV movie.
    I am a man of substance, of flesh and bone, fiber and liquids
- and I might even be said to possess a mind.

I am invisible, simply because people refuse to see me.
    ― Ralph Ellison

I am pretty sure Charles Durning is in it too.

Alexandre Bustillo and Julien Maury LIVID Interview

What’s going on with the Hellraiser remake that you were attached to?

Maury: It was one of the first projects we were sent from America and we were really excited about it. We met with Clive Barker and he’s one of our gods. We went to his house in LA and it was really terrific. We talked about the possibility of the remake and he had so many good ideas that were really exciting. The problem was that we couldn’t agree on the script with the studio. It’s kind of obvious why. We are hardcore fans of the original and we wanted to be respectful to Clive Barker’s universe. Without his greenlight, we never would have done it. We wouldn’t have even considered it. But Bob Weinstein of course had his own vision of the movie and wants to have a movie that can appeal to the largest possible audience. We tried really hard to work with that and he was aware of who we are and what we do. It wasn’t a random choice. He flew to France just to meet us and he wanted to have our vision for the movie, something really new. But he also wanted to have a wide mainstream audience. For us, it wasn’t possible to make something that could be both. We tried hard, almost for a year. But we couldn’t find anything, so we decided to step down. We thought we wouldn’t be proud of the movie that would be made and Bob understood that perfectly. He said, Ok I understand. Your position makes sense. So for the moment the project is in limbo.
    Yeah. Therein lies the problem.

I put the D in RICHARSON Luc SkyBomba's Avatar

based on hellraiser 5-8, it seems that weinstein has NO vision at all

AICN HORROR: New horrors A HORRIBLE WAY TO DIE! OVERTIME! CHILDREN OF THE CORN: GENESIS! THE HIDE! SWEATSHOP! & the new HILLS HAVE EYES 1977 BluRay! Plus an AICN HORROR Book Review of SANDMAN SLIM!!!
    Ain't It Cool News: The best in movie, TV, DVD, and comic book news.

Quote Originally Posted by Luc SkyBomba View Post
    based on hellraiser 5-8, it seems that weinstein has NO vision at all
    Welcome to the Anti-Weinstein club. Pull up a chair.