Click Here!
Page 314 of 418 FirstFirst ... 214264304312313314315316324364414 ... LastLast
Results 3,131 to 3,140 of 4172

Thread: The Comic Books and Comic Book movies thread

Hit it like a baby seal SmytheKing's Avatar

Reads review>>Goes to RT>>Sees a 29%>>Figures.

I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar

Yeah, I expect this movie to get lost in the cracks...pick up a sizeable cult following and eventually garner another chapter. (see Kick Ass for example)

That being said, it is the one big release this weekend as far as I know...next weekend is KILLER genre wise w/World's End/You're Next opening(and Kingsqueen out of town...you suck Kingsqueen), so maybe it makes some $$$ due to the sheer lack of competition. Carey really f'd the deal, not by refusing to do publicity(cause nobody really gives a rats ass anymore), but by playing that card (what) 2 months before it opens. Got a lot of publicity...but people have already forgot. Thanks douche.

**** all the Ultimate titles anyway. Just another way Marvel can repackage the same **** and sell more. Ultimates is to blame for the loss of the ORIGINAL Nick Fury and turning Hawkeye into a faceless poof.

Images

Thoroughly enjoyed Kick-Ass 2 today.

Quote Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
    **** all the Ultimate titles anyway. Just another way Marvel can repackage the same **** and sell more. Ultimates is to blame for the loss of the ORIGINAL Nick Fury and turning Hawkeye into a faceless poof.
    But some of the books were ****ing awesome. The original Ultimates book is probably the best thing Mark Millar has ever written and the entire run of Ultimate Spider-Man is maybe the best thing Bendis has ever written.

Quote Originally Posted by adgy-san View Post
    But some of the books were ****ing awesome. The original Ultimates book is probably the best thing Mark Millar has ever written and the entire run of Ultimate Spider-Man is maybe the best thing Bendis has ever written.
    Nertz to that. Ruined Hawkeye and deleted one of the greatest characters(original Nick Fury) from continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
    Nertz to that. Ruined Hawkeye and deleted one of the greatest characters(original Nick Fury) from continuity.
    Hawkeye is fine. Just a costume change. The character has his own title and it's going strong (because it's great).

Can't argue the Nick Fury thing, but I think he'll be back. The recent Ennis penned Nick Fury series, My War Gone By, was ****ing awesome by the way. Highly recommended.