Click Here!
Page 37 of 65 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: The Blu-Ray thread

Default The Blu-Ray thread

Blind-bought Lifeforce and watched it yesterday. Man, what a bizarro movie. Story was all over. Vampires, zombies, and a London apocalypse. They spent 23 million 1985 dollars to make it? Seems impressive for its time.

Blu-ray Review: The Producers: Collector's Edition | High-Def Digest

Next to Blazing Saddles my FAVE Mel Brooks movie. Completely rewatchable again and again. This is...dingdingding a MUST HAVE!

Quote Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
    Blu-ray Review: The Producers: Collector's Edition | High-Def Digest

Next to Blazing Saddles my FAVE Mel Brooks movie. Completely rewatchable again and again. This is...dingdingding a MUST HAVE!
    Absolutely.

I checked out Lifeforce yesterday with the director's commentary. The good news: the transfer was approved by Tobe Hooper and looks fantastic. Granted, even with copious Mathilda May, I spent more of the movie listening to the commentary and not necessarily watching the screen. The really, really bad news: Hooper is great, but he's being interviewed by Tim Sullivan, who ruins the commentary by not shutting up and even interrupting Hooper at times.

There's also stand-alone, 15-minute interview with Mathilda May, and that's good. We might get to hear as much from her in 15 minutes as we get to hear of Tobe Hooper in the entire feature.

So far, those two are the only special features I've checked out. The primary feature is the UK version, but the shorter US theatrical release is also included as a special feature, and there are a few other documentaries on the disc as well as another commentary track.

A top-notch Blu-ray.

Hell yes...DiabolikDvd.com has Zulawski's POSSESSION, Meat-Loaf's ROADIE...and MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL...FREAKED!!!!!!! Listed as upcoming Blu pre-orders!!!!!!!!!!! YEAAAAAAAAHHHhhhhhhHhHhHhHH Booooooiiiiieeeeeee!

OH ****ADOODLE I JUST PRE-ORDERED OFF AMAZON...AUGUST 6TH RELEASE. Now I can get my FREAKED on. Ok, gotta go wash my hands now.
    Last edited by jerseydevil; July 11th, 2013 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by orpheus View Post

Did you bring enough for everyone?????