Click Here!
Page 48 of 210 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast

Thread: All Things:AMC television

Original Bandwaggoner Dr. Strangelove's Avatar

I dunno, her jack'o'lantern grin rubs me the wrong way, to each their own. I am curious as to how much of a part of the storyline Megan will be. If history is to be a guide, you just know she's in store for a doozy of fall if Don sticks to his pattern of impulsive behavior and disregard for others' feelings. It was very telling that they showed her knowledge of his past (Dick Whitman), so there is going to be some other secret that Don will have to hide which will eventually end up crushing those closest to him. At this point, the top candidates are Megan and Sally.

Hell On Wheels: The Complete First Season Blu-ray

The Blu-ray set presents all ten Season One episodes in their 1.78:1 broadcast aspect ratio with 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio tracks. Bonus supplements include:

Recreating the Past: The Making of Hell on Wheels featurette
    Crashing a Train: From Concept to Camera featurette
    Ten Inside the Episode featurettes
    Seven behind-the-scenes featurettes
    Seven character featurettes
    Additional behind-the-scenes footage

Hell On Wheels: The Complete First Season streets on May 22nd.

Flavorwire The Definitive ‘Mad Men’ Reading List

One of the things we love most about Mad Men (and we’re big fans, so it’s hard to pick) is that the show is chock full of significant period details. And few things say more about a character or era than books. From its first season, the impeccably literate series has showcased everything from popular novels of the early ’60s to classic literature. Before the Season 4 premiere, we compiled an extensive list of books featured in, based on, or that inspired Mad Men. Now, we’ve updated it with entries from last season, along with a few more new books related to the show. Happy — or, more realistically, dramatic and depressing but still valuable and gripping — reading!

Last edited by jerseydevil; March 29th, 2012 at 11:45 AM.

Looks like there will be a second season for COMIC BOOK MEN*|*The Beat

There had been some talk that a female cast member might be introduced in a second season, something which might break up the cellar-dwelling stereotypes that the show tends to reinforce with its present lineup.
    Put me down for thinking a lady's presence would be a good idea, assuming she is also a real comic geek.

Quote Originally Posted by adgy-san View Post
    Looks like there will be a second season for COMIC BOOK MEN*|*The Beat

Put me down for thinking a lady's presence would be a good idea, assuming she is also a real comic geek.
    No. Leave it be. I have watched 2 guy friendly geek shows get ruined by trying too hard to draw a female audience(Human Target/Breaking in) and you risk ruining the dynamic between the guys and making it a one-note guys against the girl fest. Dwelling in the cellar is underated imo and there is nothing wrong with the show AS IS. Stop trying to fix things that ain't broke. And btw, the amount of women they would draw with a geek friendly girl would probably be a quarter of the audience they would alienate. These guys all know each other, they have history together. Bringing in a woman just for womens sake is just a BAD idea.

Quote Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
    No. Leave it be. I have watched 2 guy friendly geek shows get ruined by trying too hard to draw a female audience(Human Target/Breaking in) and you risk ruining the dynamic between the guys and making it a one-note guys against the girl fest. Dwelling in the cellar is underated imo and there is nothing wrong with the show AS IS. Stop trying to fix things that ain't broke. And btw, the amount of women they would draw with a geek friendly girl would probably be a quarter of the audience they would alienate. These guys all know each other, they have history together. Bringing in a woman just for womens sake is just a BAD idea.
    I dunno. I'm not THAT enamored with the show as it is. I wouldn't want a female forced on them, where it would be stand-off-ish, but if it's someone they're comfortable with and someone who knows her ****, I think it would be a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by adgy-san View Post
    I dunno. I'm not THAT enamored with the show as it is. I wouldn't want a female forced on them, where it would be stand-off-ish, but if it's someone they're comfortable with and someone who knows her ****, I think it would be a good idea.
    Do you really think any of those guys are that comfortable with women?

Every show needs someone to cross their arms, roll their eyes and sigh at the funny people. And it is a geek show after all so make sure she wears glasses.