Click Here!
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting to the Game: Tips and Tricks for Taking Transit

Still living in the 80's.

Quote Originally Posted by OC_KINGSFAN View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tre West View Post
    I live in Chino Hills. I was going to take the Metrolink from the Industry station to LA, but that line is closed on Weekends, so we drove to Fullerton and took the Orange County line to LA. It was a nice ride, and there were a lot of Kings fans. I got to meet OC Kingsfan, and we got to talk on the way to LA.

It took a lot longer to get there by rail, but it was a great experience, and I wouldn't mind doing it again.

Tre West!! It was cool to meet you hopefully we can all meet up again and catch a game. The Metro experience was pretty cool and I will do it again, no complaints.

No doubt my man. We will be doing this again shortly.

does anyone know which metro goes to kings practice facility in el segundo?

Quote Originally Posted by kaburu View Post
    does anyone know which metro goes to kings practice facility in el segundo?
    Green line. I think you get off at Mariposa.

Quote Originally Posted by kings022 View Post
    Green line. I think you get off at Mariposa.
    yeah i got off at mariposa/nash. very close to the practice facility
    thanks kings022

See disclosure notice

Images

Anyone know where I can lock my bike up at LA Live? I need to be a bit creative to get to the games, and I need to use my bike a bit.

Suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by daxx View Post
    Anyone know where I can lock my bike up at LA Live? I need to be a bit creative to get to the games, and I need to use my bike a bit.

Suggestions?
    Looks like there are some bike racks in the underground garage at LA Live. That's probably your best bet for a secure bike parking spot.

More Bike Parking coming to L.A. Live LADOT Bike Blog

See disclosure notice

Images

Quote Originally Posted by moontheloon23 View Post
    Looks like there are some bike racks in the underground garage at LA Live. That's probably your best bet for a secure bike parking spot.

More Bike Parking coming to L.A. Live LADOT Bike Blog
    I think I'm going to get one of those massive U locks. The one I have now is ok for Pasadena, but Downtown is another ball game.

Quote Originally Posted by daxx View Post
    I think I'm going to get one of those massive U locks. The one I have now is ok for Pasadena, but Downtown is another ball game.
    In general, I would recommend something like this, a U-Lock with a cable, so that you can lock up your frame and both wheels.

Kryptonite Kryptolok Series 2 u-lock, Black - 4"X9"

I've done a little research on this. Get a newer U lock. The older Kryptos (no longer sold retail) can be jammed open with a pen. So don't get one of those on ebay thinking you got a great deal. The smaller the U the harder it is to pry open. So a small U for the frame and the cable for the parts.

Quick search, good basic article.
    The best lock to protect your bike. - Slate Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by SirJW View Post
    I've done a little research on this. Get a newer U lock. The older Kryptos (no longer sold retail) can be jammed open with a pen. So don't get one of those on ebay thinking you got a great deal. The smaller the U the harder it is to pry open. So a small U for the frame and the cable for the parts.

Quick search, good basic article.
    The best lock to protect your bike. - Slate Magazine
    Quoted for truth!