Thread: WWE RAW, Smackdown, & PPV Discussion Thread 2012 & 2013

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    786 Post(s)

I admit I didn't get to see any of the PPV. I have to go back and watch Styles/Balor at some point

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    786 Post(s)

somebody want to explain after a magnificent match with Styles why Finn Balor was just SERVED UP ON A PLATE TO GET KANE OVER???

Also, I was not a big fan of the Smackdown gang style format.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3265 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    somebody want to explain after a magnificent match with Styles why Finn Balor was just SERVED UP ON A PLATE TO GET KANE OVER???

Also, I was not a big fan of the Smackdown gang style format.

Yeah, I'm not sure about them using Balor to put Kane over. I think they're trying to build Kane up like a monster again so Braun can retire him. This way when Roman brags about retiring Undertaker, Braun can brag about retiring Kane. Either that or Vince is dumb again.

The Smackdown invasion was interesting. That's the fun part about the brand split for me. One thing to note is that they did this right before Kurt Angle announced the 5 men representing RAW. So it's obviously going to be all those who weren't attacked. And of course, the key point is that the Smackdown guys pretty much only attacked jobbers and midcarders backstage with the exception of Dean and Seth. It's a good plan, knowing that guys like Braun, Roman, and Bray aren't around to help. Also makes you wonder where Miz was hiding.

Asuka not being there I get. It would make no sense for her to get beat up by anyone. Lesnar not being there is expected since he probably already left the arena.

I also like how Chad Gable went after Jason Jordan immediately. That was cool to see. Same with Carmella going after Bayley since they're best friends in real life. Fun little touches really. And I also like how Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn wasn't there because they're both against Shane so there is no way they'd march with him. What I didn't like though is seeing guys like Ziggler and Roode high-five each other because they totally forgot they were feuding with each other right?

So tonight on Smackdown, will RAW do the same? I hope they don't. That's way too predictable. We still have weeks to go until Survivor Series. They should drag it out for a few weeks.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    786 Post(s)

I found Smackdown to be a bit blah.

I get Gable/Benjamin winning to set up their cred for a fued with the Usos, and credit New Day for putting them over. But, it seemed a bit to easy for New Day to just, lose. And where do they go from here?

Zayn losing to Orton? Wait.....shouldn't that be a type of match he wins nowadays. I would think it would be interesting to have Bryan/Shane reluctantly have to include Zayn and Owens on the Smackdown Survivor Series team. Let alone continue Zayn's push. Owens gets Nakamura next week for another spot. Perhaps they'll have him lose as well, and the two bff's will start a rampage of sorts for being excluded.

Ascension = so good with breezango

I like Becky Lynch so good to see her win to captain the women's team. Unclear how they progress from here, but yay lass.

Did like the interaction between Shane and Bryan, as to Bryan not cool with how Shane and co acted. Sets it up for being on his head when Raw retaliates. Oh and with the whole AJ as a secret agent man thing, did we notice AJ had gear on with a bunch of red?

Rumors today say Lesnar/Jinder may have a special guest referee to come.
    Last edited by ucsdguy1; October 25th, 2017 at 11:03 AM.

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    713 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    HBK as special guest ref? WTF. That's random as hell.. but then again I'm like 3 episodes behind on NXT.

Edit: Never mind. Re-read it and it's for a house show. Maybe it's a way to sell tickets but I highly doubt there will be a title change the night before Takeover.

RoH is running San Antonio on the same night.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    786 Post(s)

So.........good to see Nia Jax back, but only to see Bayley get squashed once again.

Balor has a nice comeback after the wtf destruction by Kane in beating Cesaro, only to once again be part of the wtf destruction by Kane.

Highlight - Samoa Joe getting a massive pop from the crowd, and after all the "joe joe joe" chants telling everyone he could care less about them. Solid.

I think I fell asleep through most of the Strowman stuff.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3265 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    So.........good to see Nia Jax back, but only to see Bayley get squashed once again.

Balor has a nice comeback after the wtf destruction by Kane in beating Cesaro, only to once again be part of the wtf destruction by Kane.

Highlight - Samoa Joe getting a massive pop from the crowd, and after all the "joe joe joe" chants telling everyone he could care less about them. Solid.

I think I fell asleep through most of the Strowman stuff.
    I caught the end of RAW only. So Alexa Bliss beats Mickie James with a punch? I mean seriously, that's it? Just a punch? I mean I guess it beats the stupid rollup finish they use in 50% of the women's matches but still. Meh.

Strowman coming out of the garbage truck was stupid for many reasons...

#1 - The garbage truck is a completely different color.
    #2 - When he got tossed in there, it was in Minnesota. They were in Baltimore last night.
    #3 - Are we suppose to believe that he was in there for 8 days?

I know it's wrestling and suppose to be corny at times but I don't know.. that just bugged the hell out of me.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    786 Post(s)

you did miss daniel bryan showing up to speak to kurt angle. "Shane doesn't even know I'm here" (uh you're on tv dude). Only to have the lights go out and seemingly get choke slammed by Kane (but we didn't see it)

It's
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)

Tomorrow on ESPN's 30 for 30 is about Ric Flair.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    786 Post(s)

Bayley got one of the best reactions in a long time from the england crowd, and once again they use her as a squash to get Banks the win. If anything, Banks joins team Raw and Bayley is on the outside looking in looking devastated. Please do something to play this into somewhat of a storyline.

So....that tag team title reign didn't last long! Okay, so surely this sets up Shield vs. New Day. And surely that Shield momentum has slowly gone the way of the buffalo.

As cool as it was to see Pete Dunne on Raw, after watching the UK tourney and his matches on NXT, he is soooooo much better than the crap with enzo we were treated to last night.

Joe vs. Balor - really good for Raw. Please let these guys have a couple of 20-30+ minute matches after survivor series.