<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3404 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    And kind of meh. Cien and AoP matches were basically quick squashes, quite a few vignettes. The Cole/Black match was fun though, although I feel these guys are capable of giving much more with more time. Surprised to see Cole go down cleanly
    Agreed. I saw it on WWE Network last night, not USA Network.

I mean, I figured they would know ahead of time that the USA Network was going to air THIS episode specifically right? Why else would they put Alams, AOP, Ember Moon, Aleister Black and Adam Cole on it?

But yeah, it was a pretty weak episode overall. Like you said, Almas with a squash win over Fabian Aichner (who I think is boring). Then you got AOP squashing Oney Lorcan and Danny Burch. I loved the 1 on 1 battles by Lorcan and Burch yet here they got squashed easily.

Peyton Royce didn't put up much of a fight against Ember Moon either which was surprising. But at least Billie Kay finally did something and attacked Ember herself before Nikki Cross showed up. And finally, the Cole/Black match was well below average. I think they only had 10 minutes to throw something together. And yeah, Cole losing cleanly was interesting.

I think overall that is where a one hour show can hurt them. You try to cram as many stars in, they're all short on time. I think that's where some matches on Smackdown suffer compared to RAW as well.
    Last edited by TooCool; December 14th, 2017 at 10:06 AM.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    907 Post(s)

I’m only 2 matches in, but this crowd reaction for rusev is fantastic.

Are you listening Vince??

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    746 Post(s)

Pretty solid PPV. I am curious how they will proceed on Smackdown tonight.

Also, Happy Rusev Day.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    907 Post(s)

Rusev Claus.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    907 Post(s)

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3404 Post(s)

Thankfully, Aiden English isn't on that list.

So quick thoughts on Clash of Champions.

- The US Title match was a lot of fun because they kept a fast pace throughout the whole match. Ziggler winning was a great surprise because I think everyone expected him to get pinned by Corbin so that Bobby Roode doesn't look weak in the loss. Instead, Corbin got pinned instead. Hell, I even loved that tease when Roode hit the Glorious DDT on Ziggler and Corbin tried to throw Roode out, only for Roode to counter and throw Corbin out. Great surprise.

- The Fatal Four Way Tag Title match would have been better off as a Fatal Four Way Tornado Tag because there was a lot going on anyway. You could see the crowd was fully behind Rusev Day. They really should have won. I love the Usos in their heel role (though they're acting like faces too), but I want to see the Tag belts on some other team besides Usos or New Day. Look at RAW and how it's only been The Bar and The Shield. It's as if all their tag teams don't exist either. Smackdown at least utilize the other tag teams but they need to win the titles every so often.

- The Women's Lumberjack match was clunky mainly because they interfered a lot but also weird because Naomi was the only face outside the ring (which explains why she stood by herself on one side of the ring.) Carmella had weeks to cash in the control when the Riott squad laid waste to Charlotte and then here she tries to cash it in only to get stopped by everyone. She must not know how this thing works... lol

- Fashion Police getting steamrolled is no surprise but where were their best friends The Ascension? At least have them come out and try to help the Fashion Police. Hell, it would make the Bludgeon Brothers look even better if they took out 4 guys.

- Orton/Nakamura vs Owens/Zayn was a mess but it was all storyline related so I guess that's okay. One thing they missed out on was that if Owens thought Shane was slow counting his pinfall attempts, why the hell wouldn't he attempt a pinfall on Daniel's side? I guess even the guys in the ring didn't know how they wanted to work the match.

- Mahal/Styles match, I actually enjoyed more than I expected. AJ Styles really sold the moves Jinder dished out and Jinder actually used a lot of moves that made him look like a complete wrestler. Too bad most people are already biased against Jinder and won't give him a chance. I still blame Vince and the WWE for making him a jobber for way too long. It's nearly impossible for him to bounce back and be taken seriously.

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    907 Post(s)

It's interesting with Diggler winning and leaving the belt in the ring tuesday night. A lot of the dirt rags have him up in the air as to whether he's going to re-sign with wwe or walk out, but I seriously doubt they give him the belt if there's a chance of him leaving.

Smackdown has some good potential in their tag team divisions going. Speaking of Rusev, his hulk hogan-ish pumping of his fists and shaking his head in adrenaline while the crowd is chanting Rusev-Day is once again, fantastic.

AJ is so good and can make a good match with anyone at this point. A little early to groom for Styles/Nakamura, but probably headed that way at some point.

One thing about Stephanie's announcement of the women's battle royal monday night. So raw women come out to battle Paige's click. Stephanie's entrance hits, everyone stops, and after the announcement all hold hands and celebrate in the ring. I get that it's a big deal and another groundbreaker, but did storylines/feuds just again go out the door on live tv?

And they sure did no favors in giving credibility to the riott squad by having charlotte and naomi squash them tuesday night.

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    746 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    - Orton/Nakamura vs Owens/Zayn was a mess but it was all storyline related so I guess that's okay. One thing they missed out on was that if Owens thought Shane was slow counting his pinfall attempts, why the hell wouldn't he attempt a pinfall on Daniel's side? I guess even the guys in the ring didn't know how they wanted to work the match.
    That would have been a good spot with the pinfall. Also would have been a good way early in the match to show that Daniel Bryan was going to be impartial.

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    - Mahal/Styles match, I actually enjoyed more than I expected. AJ Styles really sold the moves Jinder dished out and Jinder actually used a lot of moves that made him look like a complete wrestler. Too bad most people are already biased against Jinder and won't give him a chance. I still blame Vince and the WWE for making him a jobber for way too long. It's nearly impossible for him to bounce back and be taken seriously.
    AJ is so good and can make a good match with anyone at this point.
    AJ is still the best in the company right now. I wonder who might the the one or ones to hold that place in the future. Any thoughts?

As for Jinder, I think he's over enough. I don't think he's been hampered (because you can't hinder Jinder) by losing so many matches as the amount he's buoyed is limited by him being a weak heel, who can't win without the Singh brothers. If they want to really get him over as a monster (which I'm not sure they do), he could really use a good, clean win. I also still think he should be a babyface, too, but I think he would burn out much faster that way.

One thing about Stephanie's announcement of the women's battle royal monday night. So raw women come out to battle Paige's click. Stephanie's entrance hits, everyone stops, and after the announcement all hold hands and celebrate in the ring. I get that it's a big deal and another groundbreaker, but did storylines/feuds just again go out the door on live tv?
    Apparently, none of those ladies knew what Stephanie's announcement was going to be, hence the reaction?

I also meant to mention that what I liked about the PPV was that the opening two matches were really, really good; the main event was also very good; and the matches in the middle were solid enough. I don't mind that Usos win so much, because the match was so good it made everyone look strong, and really elevated the two non-Uso/non-New-Day teams enough. They are in a good position to mix it all up and have some good competition now.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    907 Post(s)

I strongly encourage the watching of NXT from Wednesday night.

Sanity/Undisputed - Eric Young is becoming masterful at the art of the sell. Surprise ending.While I'm not quite sold on the Undisputed guys just yet, Adam Cole does have that certain something in his look and smile.

A fun short promo with Heavy Machinery (bring em along hunter).

Roderick Strong/Lars Sullivan: I think we all knew Sullivan would win, but they let Strong get a surprising amount of offense in. Sullivan took some bumps that were pretty darn good for a guy his size. But man that guy is a beast.

Pete Dunne/Tyler Bate - I swear these guys are incapable of having a bad match. Not quite as high flying as the Takeover: Chicago match, but tons of ring psychology. And a crap ton of "oh my god" moments. These two have incredibly ring chemistry. I think a 20-25 minute match, and so, so, so much fun. I hope these guys wrestle 20 more times.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3404 Post(s)

The opening to Smackdown Live was great tonight. Rusev Day is so over and WWE still won't let them win. What a bunch of morons I tell ya.

Rink Dawg