Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1584
    <3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3513 Post(s)

Alright, now that I got to sleep on it here are my Rumble thoughts if I remember..

WWE Championship Match: AJ Styles vs Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn - It's a shame that Kevin Owens is kind of injured here (he hurt his back a few weeks before the Rumble and worked an extremely light schedule leading up to the PPV). It's probably why it was a handicap match in the first place and pretty obvious why Sami Zayn worked the bulk of the match. This match would have been off the charts if Owens was at 100%. But they told a good enough story. I'm not sure what they're trying to do here with the bogus officiating. I thought that AJ/Kevin feud with Shane vs Kevin at Hell in a Cell was suppose to settle the officiating beef. Guess not. What sucks about the ref missing the non tag was that the following match... Gable had no reaction to what happened in the previous match.

Smackdown Tag Team Championship Match: Chad Gable and Shelton Benjamin vs The Usos - You'd think Gable would be allowed to quickly rant about Owens/Zayn getting screwed and how they got screwed on Smackdown. But instead, let's just have that 2 out of 3 falls match. What I enjoyed about the match was that it wasn't your typical "lets trade falls quickly" kind of match. Instead they fought for a good while to get that 1st fall. Then instead of allowing Gable/Benjamin to look good and get the 2nd fall, they have a "mis-communication" of sorts and The Usos quickly won 2-0. And I've said this before... The Usos and New Day are great, but switch it up already. All these other teams challenging for the title and constantly losing only hurts them in the long run. I wonder if they'll finally give The Bludgeon Brothers a run at the title now.

Men's Royal Rumble Match - Easily the best match of the night. Shinsuke Nakamura won so that's the right call. Rusev and Balor starting was not what I expected but they made it work. Rusev was in there for at least 30 minutes but I don't remember him eliminating anyone... Balor lasted almost an hour so that's good for him. Corbin getting eliminated super fast surprised me but what they did with Heath Slater was hilarious. I cheered big time when Andrade Cien Almas and Adam Cole got a chance in the Rumble. Goldust coming out at #29 was a complete waste and Dolph Ziggler showing up at #30 ended up being pointless. WWE really doesn't know what to do with Dolph's character. You have someone like that relinquish the US Title because he deserves better, only to have him appear at #30 and get tossed out in 2 minutes or less. What's the point?

Rey Mysterio showing up at #27 and Hurricane Helms showing up at #21 was great. They even tried to do a generational battle between Cena, Orton, Mysterio vs Reigns, Balor, and Nakamura. That was interesting. They they had Cena and Reigns team up as if they wanted to get rid of the "newbies" in Balor and Nakamura. Overall, I think it was the first Rumble in at least 5 years that was well booked. So thank you WWE for finally doing something right.

Edit: Oh yeah, I'm also not a fan of Tye Dillinger losing his spot like that via a backstage attack. Granted, we all knew Tye wasn't going to win anyway but still... It was funny though that when he music hit at #10 , Graves said, "Again?!" Besides, if you're going to steal someone's number, shouldn't you attack someone above #25? Why the hell would you pick #10? So yeah... Zayn stole the spot and also did nothing with it. I do wonder how that'll play on Smackdown. Will they let Tye get revenge? Or will they forget it happened?

RAW Tag Team Championship Match: The Bar vs Seth Rollins and Jason Jordan - Yikes... sucks for these guys to follow the Royal Rumble match. This was a bathroom break match, no doubt about it. I didn't care for this match, I was burnt out. I'm sure the crowd was the same way. Also, Jason Jordan also couldn't really wrestle in this one since he too, like Owens is suffering from a back injury. What a shame. So props goes to Rollins for really working his butt off. He lasted like 15-20 minutes in the Rumble match and worked the majority of this match. The tag title change was obvious and I think we'll finally see a heel turn from Jordan. Not sure where this will lead to. Are they doing Angle vs Rollins at Mania? Maybe a Jordan/Angle match could work too.

Universal Title Match: Brock Lesnar vs Kane vs Braun Strowman - Unfortunately I didn't give a damn about this match too since the winner was obvious. Kane was in this match so he can lose. That's the crappiest part about Brock being a part time champion. You know he won't lose the title (probably a clause in his contract) and no matter how strong they make Braun Strowman look, he never wins the big one. That spot is reserved for Roman Reigns. So yeah.. sucks. Rumor has it that Braun is going to wrestle Miz for the IC Title at Wrestlemania. So you know he won't even be in the Universal Title picture in the upcoming months.

Women's Royal Rumble Match - A lot of fun here too. I think if I had to complain, I think the returning legends like Michelle McCool and Bella Twins did TOO much. You should be putting the new women over, not eliminating them left and right. They also spread out the legends so that they'd only last 5 minutes too. Lita came out too early and was gone before Beth Phoenix came out. Then she was gone before Michelle McCool and Kelly Kelly came out. Then by the time Trish Stratus came out, she was likely the last legend left. So I think that's where they missed the mark just a bit by having them face off with one another. Torrie Wilson looked freaking fantastic. But then I quickly remembered that she sucked at wrestling. Asuka winning was the right call as well since she remains undefeated.

Ronda Rousey appears - I touched on this on my previous post. I really didn't want her to show up and win the Rumble, not if she was a part timer. So for them to announce that she's going to do this full time, amazing. Rumor has it though that she will be teaming with Angle or something against HHH/Steph at Mania. So to have her steal Asuka's spotlight was also a little weird. She just wanted to go to Wrestlemania I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1
    Uh, so what’s next for Roman now? (I bet he gets into the elimination chamber)
    Yep. He wins the Elimination Chamber and beats Lesnar at Mania. That's the plan that they announced like 6 months ago and that's the plan they're sticking with. =x
    Last edited by TooCool; January 30th, 2018 at 12:01 PM.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    958 Post(s)

I can’t remember what I posted before, but I figured the missed tag in Owens/Styles will be a way for Daniel Bryan to step in and order some kind of rematch, I guess another holdover match for the ppv before wrestlemania (there is a smackdown one right?). I assume AJ keeps the title, but may lead to something else between Shane/Other vs Owens/Zayn at WM.

I didn’t like Rusev/Balor at 1 and 2 only because I figured it immediately served both of them zero chance to win. But they did get a good amount of time in the match. The crowd was solidly behind Rusev. (and I loved the Rusev Day chants when Lana entered the women’s rumble)

I thought it was interesting that Cole and Almas were the two NXT guys who entered and were both taped up/reeling from physical matches the night before. Almas is super technical and very fast, I thought he performed well for the limited attention they gave him. (Again his match at Takeover was awesome)

Ziggler coming out at #30 was super, super pointless. I mean after his whole vacating the title THAT is all he came back for?

They set up the first 3 spots for the elimination chamber on Raw last night, with the winner going on face Lesnar at wrestlemania. Did they do Balor any favors once again??? I chuckled at Cena repeatedly apologizing to the crowd and just point to the sign (it’s all about wrestlemania). Give Finn a break! He once again is helped to the back dazed and confused. Will this again lead to a heel turn for him? I assume the other three spots will go to Reigns and two others to be named.

Also the big rumor I saw yesterday was having Rousey team with the Rock to face HHH and Stephanie at Wrestlemania. Another rumor has Strowman taking that spot if the Rock can't do it.
    Last edited by ucsdguy1; January 30th, 2018 at 12:59 PM.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    958 Post(s)

uh and here's a tweet from Nia Jax on Rousey's arrival:

Cool she’s here....I guess 30 women making history can just be forgotten

And yeah, watch this at the 1:30 mark....

Last edited by ucsdguy1; January 30th, 2018 at 12:42 PM.

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    760 Post(s)

A couple more random notes:

One legends feud did present itself in the Women's Rumble when Stratus eliminated Mickie James. I thought they had a good run back when.

My favorite match of the weekend was AoP vs Undisputed Era for the NXT tag straps.

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    760 Post(s)

Knee… to the face!

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    958 Post(s)

Must've been philly hangover or early super bowl start because that Smackdown crowd was DEAD.

Rusev finally wins an important match. Finally. And about zero reaction. Wouldn't surprise me at all for vince/writers to say "see we told you so" as he gets crushed by Roode and proceeds to drift once again. And has the Rusev comedy been nonexistant his past couple of appearances? Let him loose!

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    958 Post(s)

It finally came!

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    760 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    It finally came!
    Sure, the shirt finally came, but Rusev Day has been here all along.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    958 Post(s)

My highlight of last night was Bliss totally destroying Angle's logic.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3513 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    My highlight of last night was Bliss totally destroying Angle's logic.
    Haha, I caught that Youtube clip. Way go to Alexa.

Angle also forgot that Asuka can choose to challenge Charlotte for the Smackdown Women's Title... So his booking of Nia Jax vs Asuka doesn't really make sense. If Nia wins, she's in the triple threat match for what? You can't put her in the Smackdown match because that wouldn't make sense (or be fair). You could dump her in the RAW's Women's Title match I suppose. But let's face it, Nia isn't going to be the first person to defeat Asuka.

And also reading the results I couldn't help but notice that Braun lost another Triple Threat Match. The whole "let's have him lose without taking a pinfall" is getting ridiculous now.

Also one last thing... all these cell phone promos are stupid. I guess it's a trend that WWE is going with now. You guys have high quality cameras... use them!
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg