Thread: WWE RAW, Smackdown, & PPV Discussion Thread 2012 & 2013

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1088 Post(s)

So I read PAC is off Double or Nothing. Apparently he is taking his Dragon Gate or whatever other promotion's title he holds seriously and did not want to lose a match while that champion. He wrestled Hangman Page I think in Japan or somewhere else which went to a no decision, and they're working on a surprise opponent for Page at the event. Interesting.

I just watched Ziggler's promo and I actually loved it. He played the heel great but shows himself as a broken man going nuts for recognizing what he has done and why he would be booed for it. He just wants to be loved and admired. Sounds like the match in Saudi Arabia is a one off, but I'd like to see Ziggler continue.

I have to admit the image of R Truth in the wig was somewhat funny. But everything he does is gold. Still though not a fan of the 24/7 thing.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1088 Post(s)

Tyler Breeze returns!!! “Prince Pretty is home”. The back and forth between Breeze and Velveteen was great, lots of good pot shots at each other. Dream will probably still win at Takeover, but I wish this could go on longer.

Other Takeover matches for next week:

Lorcan/Burch vs Street Profits vs Forgotten Sons vs Fish/O’Reilly for the tag team titles in a ladder match.
    Riddle/Strong
    Cole/Gargano
    Shirai/Baszler

Cole’s promo pretty much means Undisputed probably won’t be draped in championship gold. Cole and Riddle make for some entertaining bros, but it’s just so weird seeing Gargano has a total face again. By the way my wife has joked Riddle looks like wrestling’s Steve-O, and I’m fine with that. And some of the moves in that tag match last night were nutty. Nice tease of Undisputed being back on the same page, which most likely won’t last, unless they’ve changed their mind and are going to make them a high level stable again.

And Psycho Shirai in a leather jacket was kind of fun.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3705 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    Tyler Breeze returns!!! “Prince Pretty is home”. The back and forth between Breeze and Velveteen was great, lots of good pot shots at each other. Dream will probably still win at Takeover, but I wish this could go on longer.

Other Takeover matches for next week:

Lorcan/Burch vs Street Profits vs Forgotten Sons vs Fish/O’Reilly for the tag team titles in a ladder match.
    Riddle/Strong
    Cole/Gargano
    Shirai/Baszler

Cole’s promo pretty much means Undisputed probably won’t be draped in championship gold. Cole and Riddle make for some entertaining bros, but it’s just so weird seeing Gargano has a total face again. By the way my wife has joked Riddle looks like wrestling’s Steve-O, and I’m fine with that. And some of the moves in that tag match last night were nutty. Nice tease of Undisputed being back on the same page, which most likely won’t last, unless they’ve changed their mind and are going to make them a high level stable again.

And Psycho Shirai in a leather jacket was kind of fun.
    TakeOver's card is looking mighty solid as usual.

Excited for Breeze's return to NXT. I wonder if it's permanent or just a one time thing since NXT is sort of lacking guys right now who are ready for a PPV. I'm sure there's no chance Breeze will win the North American title but I'm excited at the fact that we're going to get to see him wrestle a 15-25 minute match again.

I'm still disappointed that the War Raiders/Viking Experience/Viking Raiders didn't drop the NXT Tag Titles cleanly to the Street Profits to put them over and pass on the torch. I am stoked that they're doing a Fatal Four Way Ladder match though. That match alone should be worth the price of admission.

At this point, how long do you think they'll keep Baszler on NXT? Does she seriously stay all the way until the Rumble or Mania when Rousey returns? Or do you think she'll at least come up after Summerslam?

Btw we need more Bugenhagen.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1088 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    TakeOver's card is looking mighty solid as usual.

Excited for Breeze's return to NXT. I wonder if it's permanent or just a one time thing since NXT is sort of lacking guys right now who are ready for a PPV. I'm sure there's no chance Breeze will win the North American title but I'm excited at the fact that we're going to get to see him wrestle a 15-25 minute match again.

I'm still disappointed that the War Raiders/Viking Experience/Viking Raiders didn't drop the NXT Tag Titles cleanly to the Street Profits to put them over and pass on the torch. I am stoked that they're doing a Fatal Four Way Ladder match though. That match alone should be worth the price of admission.

At this point, how long do you think they'll keep Baszler on NXT? Does she seriously stay all the way until the Rumble or Mania when Rousey returns? Or do you think she'll at least come up after Summerslam?

Btw we need more Bugenhagen.
    I am 100% with you on more Bugenhagen.

Baszler seems like she'll stay in NXT a bit more. First, they don't really have much top women talent besides her right now. It's pretty much Shirai/Belair at the top. Shira is still relatively new in singles matches, and Belair seems momentarily out of the title spotlight with a small Yim program. I can't see anyone besides one of those two to dethrone Baszler. Aliyah and Vanessa Borne aren't there. LeRae seemingly should be a top level wrestler, they just haven't done much with her at all. Plus, I still think Shafir and Duke need much more development, of which Baszler is kind of a safeguard. Although if NXT can do anything well, they can build people up fairly quickly with solid matches so who knows. My bet is definitely until Summerslam, probably until Survivor Series, and possibly until the Rumble/Wrestlemania.

Also one more note on Riddle. While I love the bro gimmick, I also love how intense he can get when he's pissed off. It's a great mix when he gets that angry adrenaline going. And some of those moves he lays out are stiff as ****. I totally can see him at the top level just out of charisma, let alone talent (Cole too).
    Last edited by ucsdguy1; May 24th, 2019 at 08:40 AM.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1088 Post(s)

Guess we got the answer on Jon Moxley. Apparently he also has dates lined up with New Japan and some US indies.

I watched brief highlights of the AEW ppv and it was pretty solid (that rhodes v rhodes match, damn). Very surprised they let Jericho beat Omega cleanly before Moxley came out. And even though he didn't do too much, Shawn Spears (Dillinger) looked pretty bad-*** with this tazz-like haircut (yes he was eliminated buy a guy with NO LEGS!) Old Tommy Dreamer 4 life.

That smiling female wrestler who is so obviously they're version of Bayley was funny. Awesome Kong announced as a 4th participant and she's still smiling and cheering. I admit I lol'd.

Raw was boring as usual (unless you count Shane vs. Reigns' cousin entertaining). And Lesnar really didn't realize how the mitb briefcase worked until Heyman read part of the contract? Come on.

I should say Cesaro vs Ricochet was fun. Zayn mentioning AEW was interesting but they cut away fast and obviously tried to have voices talk through any of the AEW chants that broke out. I fast forwarded through most of the other junk.

Basically takeover saturday should be their response to Double or Nothing.
    Last edited by ucsdguy1; May 28th, 2019 at 09:32 AM.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3705 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    Guess we got the answer on Jon Moxley. Apparently he also has dates lined up with New Japan and some US indies.

I watched brief highlights of the AEW ppv and it was pretty solid (that rhodes v rhodes match, damn). Very surprised they let Jericho beat Omega cleanly before Moxley came out. And even though he didn't do too much, Shawn Spears (Dillinger) looked pretty bad-*** with this tazz-like haircut (yes he was eliminated buy a guy with NO LEGS!) Old Tommy Dreamer 4 life.

That smiling female wrestler who is so obviously they're version of Bayley was funny. Awesome Kong announced as a 4th participant and she's still smiling and cheering. I admit I lol'd.

Raw was boring as usual (unless you count Shane vs. Reigns' cousin entertaining). And Lesnar really didn't realize how the mitb briefcase worked until Heyman read part of the contract? Come on.

I should say Cesaro vs Ricochet was fun. Zayn mentioning AEW was interesting but they cut away fast and obviously tried to have voices talk through any of the AEW chants that broke out. I fast forwarded through most of the other junk.

Basically takeover saturday should be their response to Double or Nothing.
    I watched the Double or Nothing Pre-Show on Youtube. AEW's channel was screwed up because it was stuck on "Live stream starting soon" and it was already 10 minutes past 4 PM on Saturday. So that's kind of unorganized on their part. Thankfully people in the chat were telling people to go to TNT's youtube channel and it worked there. As soon as I got the stream going, Shawn Spears (Tye Dillinger) came out. They did the whole 5 peeps at a time thing and he was at #10 lol. The battle royal was kind of a mess. 5 at a time is too confusing and not all that exciting. The match itself was kinda weak. Too many comedy segments but I did like the hardcore weapons and shots to the head like old times. The only people I knew were obviously just Shawn Spears, Tommy Dreamer, and Billy Gunn.

I ended up not watching the PPV but I did find a stream right when Omega/Jericho was going to happen. The match itself was above average. I think they went way too slow for my liking. I know they were trying to tell a story but it looked like Jericho was extremely out of shape or something (conditioning wise). I didn't hate the match, but I think JR doesn't have it anymore. He kept trying to remind people over and over how "epic" it was and I wasn't feeling it. One of their other commentary dude was boring as hell though it might have been his 1st time.

I was stoked to see Jon Moxley show up though. It really makes you wonder how much Vince counted on him staying when they gave him and the Shield like 20 farewell tours.

As for RAW. Didn't watch. Read the results and it sounded extremely boring outside of the Cesaro/Ricochet match where Ricochet got his win back. Vince sure loves that 50/50 booking. I'm definitely excited for TakeOver this Saturday. After that, I'm canceling my WWE Network sub again likely until Summerslam's TakeOver show. That should save me about $20 (2 months worth)
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1088 Post(s)

before it gets taken down, a lot of quick cuts. That Young Bucks match looked super fun.

Last edited by ucsdguy1; May 28th, 2019 at 04:01 PM.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1088 Post(s)

Moxley unloading on Vince

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-leukemia-line

While Moxley said creative was long a point of contention for him in WWE, he suggested that the last straw came during a November episode of Raw after he turned on former Shield brother Seth Rollins.

Moxley said he had to cut six promos that night and was unhappy with the content of many of them. As a result, he said he received a note from WWE Chairman Vince McMahon that read, "Dean needs to read his promos verbatim and not try to rewrite them."

Even so, Moxley took issue with a line in one of his promos about Roman Reigns' real-life leukemia diagnosis in which he said that Reigns had to "answer to the man upstairs." Moxley said McMahon explained why the line was needed, and he proceeded to use it in his promo.

Ultimately, it didn't sit well with Moxley, who called it distasteful: "I cut the promo, and as soon as that line left my mouth, I went, 'Oh my God, I can't believe I just said that.'"

Later in the night, Moxley said he had to go back into McMahon's office to combat the idea of wearing a surgical mask during his promo, which was to include lines about how "smelly" and "disgusting" the people of Los Angeles were.

Moxley noted that such interactions had taken a major toll on him over the years:

"I remember leaning on a road case and just feeling actual exhaustion. Just like emotional, physical, mental exhaustion. Not so much because of that day, but because of six of years of this. Six years of having to go into this man's office, this old man, and trying to explain to him why wearing a surgical mask is a stupid idea, why carrying a little red wagon to the ring is a stupid idea, why maiming a mannequin in the ring is a stupid idea. I was done."

Later, Moxley said the singular promo during which he knew for sure he was leaving was the one that featured him getting "vaccinated" so that he didn't catch anything from the fans.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1088 Post(s)

And going back to Raw, I don’t know if this is true but I got an e-mail from Staples Center advertising the June 17th Raw ticket sales that lists the following matches:

Universal Championship: Seth Rollins vs Baron Corbin
    Raw Women’s Championship: Becky Lynch vs Lacey Evans
    Handicap match: Roman Reigns vs. Shane McMahon & Elias
    Plus Braun Strowman and many more of your favorite WWE superstars.

Yay?

and the stories keep coming from Moxley. So interesting to get his perspective.

“Then they put me against EC3 debuting from NXT, great talent — great friend of mine, excited to work with him. They have EC3 come in as a babyface and defeat me in two minutes.”

“The crowd does not like this because it’s transparent what’s happening. This is not good for EC3 because not he’s gonna get the backlash so this is an unfair position for him to be put in. So then we get to that weekend and I’m working with EC3 on house shows. Now I’m the biggest babyface on the show. I’m a heel, I’m thumbing him in the eye, I’m making fun of the town, doesn’t matter they’re violently rejecting him as a babyface and cheering the hell out of me because now it has nothing to do with him it’s like an anti-WWE, yeah.”

Then Ambrose got a text from a writer who told him that he’s going to be defeated by EC3 on RAW once again in two minutes next week. This time Moxley had to say something about how this is backfiring on EC3. The writer said that he knew this, but it’s what Vince McMahon wanted to happen.

“By the time we got to that Monday from what I understand the reports from the house shows the producers are telling him what happened and he’s pissed. Apparently, he’s like mad about this that like god forbid so sorry the fans who I’ve busted my ass for for years might be upset about the fact that you want to bury me on my way out, you know like sorry dude that I’ve like given my body up for. Sorry that they have a shred of respect for me that apparently, you don’t have.”

“So then I get to the TV and Jamie [Nobel] the producer comes up to me and says you’re gonna do a little promo with Seth and he’s a heel you’re a babyface. We just switched roles with no explanation so I guess that’s their solution so the Shield comes back and we do that whole thing.”
    Last edited by ucsdguy1; May 29th, 2019 at 04:25 PM.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1088 Post(s)

Man what another nxt ppv. I have to admit they went in ways I did not expect on this one.

The superkick bowl: I mean how many superkicks can you fit in a match? This was fun. The selling of the knee and arm hurting was top notch. Did Adam Cole just win clean with no Undisputed interference? His fake calling them to come out to gain the upper hand was a nice swerve. As a whole I was surprised Undisputed was 0-2 going into this match with no real tension in their losses. It seemed they were leading up to a breakup in which I figured one of them would accidentally cause Cole to lose. Does he now go on to boast and claim he doesn't need them? Or does he just lead the pack for awhile? And where does this leave Gargano - losing the title already? No clear storyline after this one. I imagine he's getting called up as there's no real storyline after this one, unless they hold off for Ciampa's return again.

Baszler still doesn't get me overly excited except for the band t-shirts she wears. This was a fun match, not as much high flying from Shirai you'd expect but more about how Baszler can just break you down. And I'll admist Shayna has gotten much better in the selling moves dept. I might have liked if Shirai went crazy and used the kendo stick/chair before the match ended, to save her from having to take a tape out or pin. But her reaction after was unexpected albeit different (the crowd chanting "you deserve it" to Baszler was pretty funny). If Baszler had cheated to win I would've understood Io's reaction more. With all the leadup I actually thought LeRae was going to turn on Shirai and cost her the match, but it wasn't meant to be. If LeRae's only purpose was to even up Baszler's crew, it should've happened in a match that Shirai would actually have won. I don't know who Baszler feuds with now, unless she tries to get revenge on Shirai and sets up a rematch (much in the way of it would've taken Gargano a few losses to finally get over the hump and win the title).

Dream/Breeze: I want 10 more matches between these guys. The charisma alone is worth it. This was an aggressive and super cerebral match. Breeze showed why so much of his potential is being wasted. It seems like a one off but I hope he stays around for a bit. The selfie together at the end was a nice touch.

Riddle/Strong: props to both these guys. Roderick put on a tremendous match and really made Riddle look good. Ton of physicality in this one. Riddle has that certain something in his facial expressions and is probably one of the future big faces of the brand.

Tag Ladder Match: Pretty sure I need to watch this one again, because waaay too much was going on. I also wish I was more invested in any of these tag teams which admittedly I am not. But each team was highlighted, there were some holy s*** moments (in fact between this and the Riddle match I think I had to turn my head a couple times each to make sure I didn't just watch someone die).

I should also mention how pro-Undisputed the crowd seemed. Heck when Cole and Gargano were trading shots I think Cole's hits were getting solidly booed.

Another darn fine ppv. This is the true response to AEW that not enough people know or care about. Apparently the sheets saying the NXT ppv in the UK in August will be on the same day as AEW's All Out event.

Solid indeed.
    Last edited by ucsdguy1; June 2nd, 2019 at 05:00 PM.