Thread: WWE RAW, Smackdown, & PPV Discussion Thread 2012 & 2013

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3729 Post(s)

It's crazy how slow they're taking this Bray Wyatt stuff. Even when he was with Luke Harper and Erick Rowan with the whole Wyatt Family stuff. I remember months of anticipation just for his debut. Only for him to be booked kind of lackluster in the end.

And now this Firefly Funhouse thing. Months of anticipation again so we'll see how it goes. I don't have high hopes for it obviously but we'll see.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1104 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    It's crazy how slow they're taking this Bray Wyatt stuff. Even when he was with Luke Harper and Erick Rowan with the whole Wyatt Family stuff. I remember months of anticipation just for his debut. Only for him to be booked kind of lackluster in the end.

And now this Firefly Funhouse thing. Months of anticipation again so we'll see how it goes. I don't have high hopes for it obviously but we'll see.
    It's almost like they're pacing the Wyatt stuff like......NXT does?

Looks like we're getting Balor/Nakamura again (I had to remember Nakamura is still signed).

Ziggler/Kofi last night was the match we should've gotten at showdown or stomping grounds. But timing is weird considering the Joe story just started a day ago, and this is like Ziggler's 3rd rematch after losing. Is he now going to be gifted a part of a triple threat match at Extreme Rules just because he still maintains Kofi wins cheaply?

Also funny how Cross was able to finagle a match with Bayley only to get Bliss a rematch. (and win cleanly!) You know Bliss will now beat Bayley and claim the credit.

Do or Do Not!
    Images
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    955 Post(s)

Huskas ws stalking Daniel Bryan.

Cannot wait for Bray's return to the ring.

I am the Monkey King, I can do Anything.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1104 Post(s)

I highly recommend the Steel Cage match between Shirai/Baszler last night. Way better than a weekly show should contain.

Spoiler alert:

The camera angles were a bit off on the LeRae and Shirai dives from top of the cage. But still crazy moves. So Shirai has gone full on heel. Nice change of pace from her. It helps the story of her going crazy after losing at Takeover make more sense as she's inched closer and now gone off the deep end. (see how they do that main roster?) She can now feud with LeRae and Baszler can temporarily move on. I have no idea who goes after Baszler next, unless they just make a triple threat match between the three for Takeover. But Baszler will most likely retain in such a bout anyway, and it seems she'll be keeping that title for quite awhile longer.

So WWE announced Paul Heyman and Eric Bischoff were named executive directors of Raw and Smackdown, respectively. I think this tweet from someone about summed it up:

Vince McMahon, Paul Heyman and Eric Bischoff are in major positions of power in wrestling, Aladdin and Men in Black are showing in theaters, Pizza Hut is using their OG logo and Keanu Reeves is adored by everyone again.

We’ve officially re-entered the 90s.
    Last edited by ucsdguy1; June 27th, 2019 at 10:07 AM.

Do or Do Not!
    Images
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    955 Post(s)

July 8th will be the 6 year anniversary of when Bray Wyatt debuted on Raw. This July 8th will also be a Monday. Will the fiend be unleashed?

I am the Monkey King, I can do Anything.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1104 Post(s)

I laughed at Graves getting a very clear "holy s**t" out on tv last night. I also laughed at Street Profits showing up and dancing around Hey-MAN". I laughed at Maverick's 24/7 shirt and stepping aside from his wife.

I really didn't watch any other part of Raw other than a clip online this morning after hearing Styles went heel again. Oh and you know, Maria Kanellis showing up out of the blue and yelling that she should just have "the man" impregnate her instead of her husband.
    Last edited by ucsdguy1; July 2nd, 2019 at 08:54 AM.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1104 Post(s)

One more rant before the 4th

Having Cross host a moment of bliss was awesome, but I disagree with having her goaded into a match and losing cleanly to Bayley. Kind of defeats the whole idea of Cross doing so well but Bliss getting all the benefits. If Cross had to lose it should've been by accidental interference by Bliss. A clean loss is like hey you're not so special after all.

And seems like they're turning Owens face again? I'm fine with this. He was fantastic picking at Shane and Ziggler and could easily be one of the top 3 or 4 faces in the company as he's so good on the mic and in the ring. Make Owens face again!

I'm shocked we didn't really get any Roman on tv this week.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3729 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    One more rant before the 4th

Having Cross host a moment of bliss was awesome, but I disagree with having her goaded into a match and losing cleanly to Bayley. Kind of defeats the whole idea of Cross doing so well but Bliss getting all the benefits. If Cross had to lose it should've been by accidental interference by Bliss. A clean loss is like hey you're not so special after all.

And seems like they're turning Owens face again? I'm fine with this. He was fantastic picking at Shane and Ziggler and could easily be one of the top 3 or 4 faces in the company as he's so good on the mic and in the ring. Make Owens face again!

I'm shocked we didn't really get any Roman on tv this week.
    I read the results. No Roman, No Charlotte? Hell, where has Orton been? I mean I'm used to no Kairi Sane, Asuka, Rusev, Nakamura, etc. This wild card rule really sucks... and I know I'm beating a dead horse.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1104 Post(s)

1. They all but telegraphed Sasha Banks return last night. Some possibilities: (a) she returns to save Bayley from a Cross/Bliss double team, or (b) she returns seemingly to save Bayley but turns on her - Bliss wins the title and can continue "using" Cross, Banks and Bayley can start their own feud in some kind of "you abandoned me" theme, or (c) Banks isn't involved, but in the handicap match either Cross or Bliss can pin Bayley to win the title. Cross may actually win by accident? Of course Bayley going full slap, beatdown, elbow drop on Cross again hinted at a darker path for her, which also may not make sense, unless she wins the match Sunday and proceeds to continuing beatdown down Cross, for Banks to come out and have to stop her?

2. A thought - Rollins/Lynch vs Evans/Corbin is for both titles right? Can Lesnar show up mid match, say if Rollins is just laid out or severely damaged and cash in before the match finishes? If he were to do so, would it automatically cause Lynch to lose her title as well? Total far fetched and may not make total sense, but it's something that would actually make that main event interesting.

3. I have no idea what the point of Cedric Alexander being the masked partner last night was, especially when he was just quickly annihilated by the claymoor kick.

4. R-Truth did just give a referee a piggy back ride.
    Last edited by ucsdguy1; July 9th, 2019 at 10:04 AM.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1104 Post(s)

And just like that in one night Kevin Owens manages to become a perfect Stone Cold-type face, and really encompassed what Lynch should have been for months and months.

And bummer that it had to come at the expense of Balor, but Nakamura (who???) just looked pretty darn dominant.

And I wish Black/Cesaro could get 20+ minutes sunday....
    Last edited by ucsdguy1; July 10th, 2019 at 09:17 AM.