<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3371 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LetTigerIn View Post
    I think a fun story line would be to have Stephanie split up a tag team out of spite, then have the offended wrestler constantly annoy Stephanie to try to get traded. They could maybe work towards a Wrestlemania match where the result will be either reunion or release.
    Actually that's a great idea. I think that was missing from the last brand split. Trades.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    733 Post(s)

You know it's time for a brand split when you are putting on 12-man tag team matches.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    850 Post(s)

Ending of Raw last night was dumb. If the referee was well enough to wave "no no" at rollins, he couldn't have gave any indication what happened? But of course, another rematch. Does anyone even remember Reigns exists and is going to be at the ppv?

And a hell of a way to lead into the ppv. Why not do the draft the day after a ppv so any storylines could finish? Unless they will cross rivalries/stories across the two shows.

Okay, thoughts on draft for the 6 NXT spots:
    - Balor, although I wish it wasn't after two straight defeats.
    - Not sure on Bayley. Why would they call her up when she still has the open ended contract for a rematch with asuka? Unless they draft both her and asuka and let them have it out on raw and/or smackdown. I've heard the comments in the past that Bayley likes the freedom of NXT and wasn't keen on being called up. not sure how much truth there is there, but it's gotta happen at some point.
    - I also think Nia Jax would be a nice draft pick. Sure she didn't run the gauntlet in NXT, but she's a solid worker and her size would immediately make her an impact player in the women's division. Carmella - maybe, although she'd probably have to immediately put with enzo and cass or be seen as a cheap imitator, no?
    - I don't think Samoa Joe will be drafted as he's got the NXT title to defend. Which also makes me believe Shinsuke won't either as he's next in line for Joe. Too bad as I think Joe, Rhyno, and Shinsuke have different things that could do well at the main level.
    - I'm in on American Alphas and Dillinger. Aries I'm not sold on. He's got skill and isn't going after the NXT title as you said. But he just seems little boring to me. Not the personality that is going to captivate people. Maybe a Dean Malenko-ish heel, but perhaps Jericho can work with him

And there is this: http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/arti...-fun-wwe-draft

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3371 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    - Not sure on Bayley. Why would they call her up when she still has the open ended contract for a rematch with asuka? Unless they draft both her and asuka and let them have it out on raw and/or smackdown. I've heard the comments in the past that Bayley likes the freedom of NXT and wasn't keen on being called up. not sure how much truth there is there, but it's gotta happen at some point.
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I just wanted to let you know that Sami Zayn was called up weeks before his Takeover match with Shinsuke Nakamura. Kevin Owens was called up the same way even though he had a Ladder Match for the NXT Title against Finn Balor. And Sasha Banks was also already called up but she challenged Bayley for the NXT Title anyway at Takeover Brooklyn last year. Basically what I'm saying is that they can still work the last big NXT event but they'll lose as a way to "pass the torch".

So I can see Bayley called up.. hell, she is most likely going to be Sasha's mystery partner at Battleground this Sunday. NXT already finished taping their shows up to Takeover, so Bayley is free to work on RAW/Smackdown for a whole month anyhow.

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    850 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I just wanted to let you know that Sami Zayn was called up weeks before his Takeover match with Shinsuke Nakamura. Kevin Owens was called up the same way even though he had a Ladder Match for the NXT Title against Finn Balor. And Sasha Banks was also already called up but she challenged Bayley for the NXT Title anyway at Takeover Brooklyn last year. Basically what I'm saying is that they can still work the last big NXT event but they'll lose as a way to "pass the torch".

So I can see Bayley called up.. hell, she is most likely going to be Sasha's mystery partner at Battleground this Sunday. NXT already finished taping their shows up to Takeover, so Bayley is free to work on RAW/Smackdown for a whole month anyhow.
    Very interesting. I'm still so new to the NXT world. So even though Zayn and Owens got called up, they still had their final Takeover matches? Albeit a bit strange, that would give the Bayley scenario.

Team Melf.
    Images
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    610 Post(s)

Sounds like the draft is a bust.
    Support Be the Match through Tanner's site

http://www.bethematchfoundation.org/...&team_id=23513

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3371 Post(s)

The 3:2 draft in favor of Raw is brutal. It's making the draft look extremely lopsided so far.

Rink Dawg

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3371 Post(s)

You could tell that WWE did not think this draft through. After the 7th round of 3 picks for RAW and 2 for Smackdown, they just went ahead and gave 3 picks for Smackdown to match RAW's 3 picks.

Heath Slater was the only one not to get picked which could be a funny running joke if executed correctly. They were told before hand that they would all count as one pick. They were hilarious all night long on the WWE Network. They first said that they should be the #1 pick. Then they got pissed that Seth Rollins was the #1 pick. Bo Dallas said that those were the appetizers and that they're the main course. All they had to do was "Bo-lieve". After that, Bo Dallas got picked and then Heath and Curtis went nuts when they found out they weren't included on RAW. Soon after, Curtis Axel got drafted and then Heath Slater was the only guy not to get picked. Seriously. He should show up on both shows and see what happens.

But anyway, back to my original statement. They really didn't think this draft through. They announce the Cruiserweight division for RAW and Kalisto goes to Smackdown.

Bayley not getting picked was the real surprise. But I think that was the point. It's kind of a loophole for her to be the mystery partner to team up with Sasha Banks at Battleground and then she can just show up on RAW.

All in all, you could tell that the draft had the stupid idiot writers fingerprints all over it. None of these decisions were truly made by Mick Foley/Steph and Daniel Bryan/Shane. Unfortunate.

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    850 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    Bayley not getting picked was the real surprise. But I think that was the point. It's kind of a loophole for her to be the mystery partner to team up with Sasha Banks at Battleground and then she can just show up on RAW.
    Thought the same thing. At least I had it on Nia Jax.

Through the whole thing I just kept coming back to not liking the brand split idea more and more. Some guys I want to see on Raw, some guys I want to see on Smackdown. I just don't have 5 hours during the week to give to tv, even with dvr. I foresee a lot of highlight show reels being watched, and still a focus on just the hour of NXT.

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    733 Post(s)

Cole, Graves and Saxton on RAW commentary; Ranallo, JBL and Otunga on Smackdown. No mention of Jerry Lawler.