All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    941 Post(s)

NXT Live at the Palladium October 30th!

I got a couple general admission presale tickets yesterday. Yay! It was $100+service charge for lower bowl reserved seating, $50+ service charge for other reserved seating, and $25 for general admission standing. I took the cheaper option. Place is small as hell for that kind of event so I'm all good.

Public onsale is today: http://concerts.livenation.com/event...295?dma_id=324

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    941 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    NXT Live at the Palladium October 30th!

I got a couple general admission presale tickets yesterday. Yay! It was $100+service charge for lower bowl reserved seating, $50+ service charge for other reserved seating, and $25 for general admission standing. I took the cheaper option. Place is small as hell for that kind of event so I'm all good.

Public onsale is today: http://concerts.livenation.com/event...295?dma_id=324
    Man presale tix were gone quickly yesterday. I had a friend try right at 10:00 am this morning try to get general onsale and for 20 minutes he got nothing. weak!

(but I'm in)

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3473 Post(s)

Have fun ucsd! I was thinking about it myself but yeah, that place is small as hell. Fudge... I'll wait until the Royal Rumble at Staples.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    941 Post(s)

Default WWE RAW, Smackdown, &amp; PPV Discussion Thread 2012 &amp; 2013

I keep hearing royal rumble at staples was a rumor. Then happening. Then no just a rumor.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3473 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    I keep hearing royal rumble at staples was a rumor. Then happening. Then no just a rumor.
    Yeah, I am hearing the same thing. Part of me thinks that the reason why they haven't announced it yet is because they're still trying to sell tickets to RAW at Staples in early October. Once that's over with, they're free to announce it.

Anyone watch the Backlash PPV yesterday? I thought it was a really good PPV. It had an NXT feel to it with only 6 matches booked so that each match had plenty of time.

- Baron Corbin defeating Apollo Crews was a good match in the kickoff show. No storyline there but it was a nice match to watch. I really hope they do something with these two characters soon. Otherwise Apollo will forever be known as the black dude that flips and smiles a lot. And Baron will be known as the big dude with no friends, but wins his Vince likes his "potential".

- Becky Lynch winning the Smackdown Women's Title was great. I'm so glad it went to her instead of Nikki. The women all had good moments in the match and they all shined for the most part. Naomi's entrance has got to be one of the best ones now in the WWE.

- The Usos defeating The Hype Bros was a fun match. I dig The Usos new look. No more face paint and Jimmy wears a shirt to wrestle so you know which Uso is which. I liked their aggressive style and could almost picture Roman Reigns as a heel... Great storytelling with Zack trying to get that hot tag to Mojo. And Mojo's over aggressiveness cost his team the win as The Usos damaged Ryder's leg the same way they did to Chad Gable.

- Heath Slater and Rhyno winning the Smackdown Tag Championship. Now this is why I like Smackdown over RAW so far. They are able to get people to care about people like Heath with this fun storyline. We all know how WWE ruins their characters by jobbing them out and making them look bad for far too long. (Look at Curtis Axel, Bo Dallas, Jack Swagger, Darren Young, Titus O'Neil, etc) It's good to see that they could turn things around with Heath. People actually want to root for him and that's great to see. The awkward relationship with Rhyno is funny. The match itself was similar to the first one. The Usos worked over Heath while he tried his best to get the hot tag to Rhyno. One thing that did bug me if I had to nitpick was that The Usos didn't even work over Slater's leg the same way they did on Gable and Ryder. Poor ring psychology there. Do we blame The Usos for forgetting or the person who booked the match?

- The Miz retaining the IC Title. It was a good match. Loved how The Miz was using Daniel Bryan's moves in this match. He really should have won the match using the Yes-Lock if they're trying to set something up between him and Daniel. But instead, he got help from Maryse and used the Skull Crushing Finale.

- Bray defeats Orton by forfeit and then Kane beats Bray. Not sure why Orton suddenly didn't get cleared for the match. Kane defeating Bray on paper sounds terrible but after watching the match, I'm okay with that.. since Orton came out to give Bray the RKO. Plus, it was a no holds barred match so to the casual fans, they can still think Kane is a force to be reckoned with. And moving forward, it'll be good for Baron Corbin to beat Kane. However, Bray needs to start winning. It's dumb to have him call himself a god if he can't win matches at all.

- AJ Styles winning the WWE World Title. Great match. I think they got 35+ minutes (not including entrances). I would personally have liked to have seen AJ win cleanly and then use heel tactics to retain, but I guess this way works too. Like he said, all that matters is that he's in the record books.

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    941 Post(s)

Didn't see the pay per view but appreciate the summary. Sounds like a good one that I may have to go back and watch.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3473 Post(s)

Anyone watch the Cruiserweight Classic?

The finale was so damn good. T.J. Perkins beat Gran Metalik to win the trophy. On top of the trophy, HHH awarded T.J. Perkins the new Cruiserweight Championship and he'll debut it on RAW.

There were a lot of people who were upset that Kota Ibushi and Zack Sabre Jr. lost in the semi-finals. But the reality is that neither of them has a WWE contract. Kota Ibushi didn't want WWE to have exclusive rights to him at this time, so he didn't sign a contract when offered one. Zack Sabre Jr. I'm not sure what his deal is. He's extremely talented too but he has booked a bunch of indy dates and I think that's why he doesn't have a contract. =x I'm not taking anything away from T.J. Perkins and Gran Metalik though. They are awesome in their own rights.

If you have the WWE Network and haven't seen it yet definitely check out the final matches. They were off the charts insane.

I do have a few issues with the Cruiserweights going to RAW.

#1 - You know Michael Cole will not call the moves.
    #2 - The casual RAW crowd won't know who these guys are and they won't care.
    #3 - The biggest fear is I have is that Vince will be stupid and eventually feed these Cruiserweights to guys like Braun Strowman just because he always prefer big dudes any day of the week.
    #4 - Just like with NXT Tag Teams and why they are so great is that they can work 10-20 minute matches. They get to tell a story. The Crusierweights need the same thing. It won't work if they get a 5 minute segment on RAW. Smackdown has kind of been doing this too. This past Tuesday if you saw.. two tag matches had like 2 minutes each. Are you serious? These writers can be so stupid.

So yeah, those are my fears. I hope they prove me wrong but we've all been watching this for far too long to know that they're bound to **** it up.

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    941 Post(s)

Didn't see any of it, but I can pretty much agree with #2-4 above anyway

Team Melf.
    Images
    Mentioned