Team Melf.
    Images
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    610 Post(s)

Bah gawd, Kane might just become the Mayor of that there Tennessee town.
    Last edited by Dexter; May 1st, 2018 at 08:43 PM.
    Support Be the Match through Tanner's site

http://www.bethematchfoundation.org/...&team_id=23513

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    849 Post(s)

Lana knows all. Sorry Aiden. But at least it's a storyline!

Nothing else on Smackdown really interested me.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3369 Post(s)

Backlash pissed me off last night. I turned it off after the WWE Championship Match.

- When I found out that Styles/Nakamura wasn't in the Main Event, I was already peeved especially since the Universal Title Match isn't even on the card. Vince insisting that Roman Reigns main event is a huge FU to all the fans that continue to support his company. I unsubscribed from the WWE Network as well for the first time since I signed up like 3 years ago. Unfortunately, my account had just renewed on April 28, so I still have like 3 weeks left. (I can still watch NXT the next day on Hulu... so I'm good there. The next TakeOver isn't until Brooklyn I think, so I might resub for that. But for now, Vince will not get $10 a month from me.)

As for the PPV itself......

- Rollins/Miz for the IC Title. This match stole the show. Then again, all the other matches sucked so that's not saying much. Unfortunately I couldn't get into this match knowing that Miz had 0% chance to win. That's the problem with the superstar shake up right before a PPV. It makes it 100% predictable. Either way, props to these two for a fun match. Rollins is the most over guy on RAW right now. He should be the one with the Universal Title to be honest.

- Nia Jax/Alexa Bliss for the RAW Women's Title. Meh. This is like their WM match where Alexa got in waaaaaaaaaay too much offense. Not sure what they're going for here with Nia Jax playing the babyface role of how fat/big people can be liked as well. I can see this angle backfiring. So how long does Nia keep the title until she drops it to Rousey?

- Jeff Hardy/Randy Orton for the US Title. I was bored during this match and only half paid attention to it. There's no story line for this one other than the fact that they "upstaged" each other during their entrances for a few weeks. Face Orton is boring and Jeff Hardy isn't exactly exciting anymore either.

- Elias concert with New Day, Rusev Day, No Way Jose, and Bobby Roode. This felt like a segment for RAW. I guess they wanted to do this segment since it's the first "co-branded" PPV even though they just had WM and The Greatest Royal Rumble. I was afraid Rusev was out there to job to Elias but thankfully that wasn't the case. Roode dancing and being silly does not suit his character at all. He needs to be a heel badly. All in all, a waste of time.

- Daniel Bryan vs Big Cass. It was okay at best. It was your typical giant vs little guy story line with Daniel Bryan having to sell the moves. The right person won and then Big Cass had to do a post match beat down so he doesn't look weak. I don't know about you guys but there's something about Big Cass that just screams "boring" to me. He's too generic.

- Carmella/Charlotte for the Smackdown Women's Title. Wow! They let Carmella win cleanly here. I honestly didn't expect that. I figured she would retain by getting herself DQed or retained with the help of the Iiconics but I guess not. The match itself wasn't very good though.. lol

- AJ Styles/Shinsuke Nakamura for the WWE Title. The match was good while it lasted. Although my gripe with No DQ matches is when they don't go for a weapon immediately. Or in this case, why didn't Nakamura go for a low blow sooner? Part of me wondered if Styles was wearing a cup but I guess not. I absolutely hated the finish though. You can't have a No DQ match and then have the both of them get counted out. It's a piss poor way to set up a Last Man Standing match. Plus this is also Nakamura's 5th title match. (He lost 2 to Jinder and now 3 to AJ). That makes look weak. Look at what happened to Rusev and Wade Barrett. I'm afraid Shinsuke is going the same path.. thanks Vince.

And that was it. I didn't care for the other two matches. I read the results and I didn't miss anything. It's your usual Owens/Zayn not working together and losing. Then you have Joe look bad in a loss to Reigns. I'm glad the crowd **** all over that match too but knowing Vince, he's going to blame Samoa Joe for it instead.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    849 Post(s)

I was a bit surprised by how much offense Bliss got in against Nia. I would just assume they make Nia this unstoppable force but they made her pretty vulnerable. Did like her speech after the match though. I mean come on, it's uplifting! (Yeah Jax actually got some boos here) The Bliss feud can end now (editor's note: probably as it's being reported Bliss suffered a shoulder injury going for further testing)

Yep as soon as Rusev came out I figured great he's going to get pinned by Elias. Now actually, if that happened and Aiden in some way caused him to lose, that would have at least furthered the storyline (that's too reasonable I guess). The whole segment though was more or less a waste of time.

Bryan vs. Cass was about what I expected. Figured Bryan would win but Cass would somehow save face. Match wasn't anything to write home about. How freaking fast did Cass tap out? I mean geez struggle a little bit man. I have no desire to see this feud continue. Cass to me still seems like he needs to latch onto someone to be effective.

That crowd was pissed when Styles/Nakamura ended double countout. How exactly does this enhance Shinsuke's credibility? And Joe/Reigns....WTF? Have Joe win and go on to challenge Styles for the title. Have him do something! Losing cleanly like that? It's like wow I'm supposed to be impressed after all his threatening interviews? The Joe/Reigns match really wasn't even as bad as I thought it might be. But yeah.

Oh and Asuke, on an unprecendted unbeaten streak, one of the strongest women in history, could not beat Charlotte. But Carmella can beat her cleanly just like that because she landed wrong.

Owens/Zayn I'm already over. The two of them disagreeing and turning on each other happened months ago and creative writing just let it go the wayside. Why should we care now? And now what for Strowman/Lashley? I thought Lashley might attack Braun after the match to show he's the new big dog (no pun intended). Do they just continue being a tag team used solely to beat up on someone who has it coming?
    Last edited by ucsdguy1; May 7th, 2018 at 04:34 PM.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    849 Post(s)

Hm....Jinder might be the only guy who may actually get fans behind Reigns? Or more probable, get fans more behind bathroom breaks. (if I didn't think for one second next week Angle will say whoa I have an idea, Reigns vs. Jinder and the winner gets into MITB!)

yes that was a Rusev Day chant that interrupted Elias/Roode segment.

Owens sold those Strowman shoulder blocks ridiculously.

Another incremental addition to the Bayley/Sasha storyline.

I don't remember much else.
    Last edited by ucsdguy1; May 8th, 2018 at 08:31 AM.

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    733 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    The next TakeOver isn't until Brooklyn I think, so I might resub for that. But for now, Vince will not get $10 a month from me.)
    IIRC, TakeOver shows up on Hulu just like any other episode of NXT.

I didn't mind the DKO for AJ and Shinsuke, and the match was good. The match did remind me, though, that the announcing is just plain terrible on both main shows right now. I think if Mauro had been calling this match, it would have had a much different vibe. Or just watch with the sound down. I don't dislike Tom Phillips, but I do think he could be better at storytelling. Michael Cole is just the worst ever and should be embarrassed that he still doesn't know the names of basic wrestling holds after 20 years of doing this; he shows absolutely no pride in his craft or the business.

I also did think the Rollins v Miz match was very good, and I'll add this… when The Miz first came around, I thought he was just some annoying guy who lacked ability and didn't deserve the spot he'd been given. Now, I think I was right about being annoying and lacking ability (at the time), but I was wrong about deserving that spot. I believe he also did realize the opportunity that his pseudo-celebrity afforded him at that time, and it's been amazing to see him seemingly work his ass off, stay loyal and tenacious, and become one of the best performers in the company who makes the absolute most out of everything presented to him. If Michael Cole had half the engine of The Miz, he'd be the new Jim Ross by now.

I agree about the Nia bullying angle being on a bad tipping point. I find it slightly funny, TBH. It reminds me of when Bret was that Canadian heel, so he'd come out and say things like,"In Canada, everybody has health care!" and people would boo the hell out of that. I found that hilarious. If that kind of backlash happened to Nia, it wouldn't be as funny, because getting the boos would have been unintentional, but it seemed like they were close in coming at Backlash. Oh, I just realized I wrote "backlash" twice there. No reference intended on the first one. Anyway, I think I would still laugh if the crowd started booing, but for a different reason. "I want to be a role model, so little girls will not be afraid to be themselves." "Boo!"

I actually enjoyed the Elias bit on Backlash, probably because I have now completely resigned my thought process that a PPV now does not have the same meaning it once did.

One more incidental thing: I was watching some segment last night — I can't even remember off the top of my head which one it was, but it had quite a few wrestlers involved — and I thought,"wow, these guys are all really good." It was just some inconsequential segment, but during it I was just struck with how many really good wrestlers there are right now. Bless them all, seriously (even the not-so-good ones). Also, it reminds me that the more the WWE tries to be not about wrestling, the more really good wrestling goes potentially unnoticed by the "WWE Universe." This is something that needs to be addressed, IMO.

Did I mention that I think Michael Cole is the absolute worst announcer?

Sorry. Not sure why I was so chatty today.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    849 Post(s)

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    849 Post(s)

So, Nia Jax vs. Rousey sure came out of nowhere. Could we not be better served having this wait until say, Summerslam or thereafter? Are they really going to take the belt of Nia so quickly, or will we see some interference?

So are Bayley and Sasha friends again? Bayley getting squashed really moves along that feud doesn't it! I mean geezus have Sasha come out to help her and inadvertently cause her to lose or SOMETHING.

I kind of like unhinged Roman. If they let him go completely unhinged. He should've come out and just laid out everyone in the qualifying match causing no winner. The feud with Jinder is a major, major bathroom break though.

Hey remember how that guy Brock Lesnar from some time back is still the UNIVERSAL CHAMPION???

oh and bring on the B TEAM shirts!
    Last edited by ucsdguy1; May 15th, 2018 at 09:20 AM.

It's
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    119 Post(s)

Smack Down last night was a pretty good shoe, except the camera work sucked.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    849 Post(s)

and for some unappealing smackdown thoughts:

Carmella defends against Asuke? I wouldn't think they would take the belt off Carmella so soon, which means just another loss for Asuke the midcarder?? Or Carmella disqualifies herself and keeps the title. ::

So Bryan defeats Cass. Cass comes out and says I tapped only so I could get up quickly and beat you up. Bryan beats up Cass again. can this please be over?

Styles/Nakamura was fun, but I'm already soured on the number of matches between the two. Did we need a full match just to decide the stipulation for another match?