Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 1576
    All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    957 Post(s)

Moving on - I don't know why last night's NXT episode is not on wwe network yet, but I managed to find some highlights online.

Velveteen Dream/Sullivan was good enough for what it was. Dream got a fair amount of offense in before Ciampa's interference. They have set up Dream as the face in this matchup. I fully expect Ciampa to win at Takeover, especially since Dream got the upper hand last night. But it should be a pretty fun matchup.

Gargano's montage was a good one. He's no longer afraid of the dark, and kind of enjoys it. He says Black stood between him and the ultimate goal of defeating Ciampa, and he's still the same guy just willing to fight a bit dirty. His match with Black should be a war. I guess after the turn Gargano has to win that one? Where does Black go then? and if he truly is a heel now, can they have him fight Ciampa again after? Did we also notice Candace LeRae coming out in all black?

Also - they announced Baszler/Sane at Takeover will be a 2 out of 3 falls match. Huh. Baszler has to win again with help from her friends right? Regal perhaps should look to ban them from ringside? Cue 1 pin each and Io Shirai or whoever else comes out to even the odds....? Either way TooCool is stoked to get more Sane.
    Last edited by ucsdguy1; November 8th, 2018 at 11:33 AM.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3512 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    Moving on - I don't know why last night's NXT episode is not on wwe network yet, but I managed to find some highlights online.

Velveteen Dream/Sullivan was good enough for what it was. Dream got a fair amount of offense in before Ciampa's interference. They have set up Dream as the face in this matchup. I fully expect Ciampa to win at Takeover, especially since Dream got the upper hand last night. But it should be a pretty fun matchup.

Gargano's montage was a good one. He's no longer afraid of the dark, and kind of enjoys it. He says Black stood between him and the ultimate goal of defeating Ciampa, and he's still the same guy just willing to fight a bit dirty. His match with Black should be a war. I guess after the turn Gargano has to win that one? Where does Black go then? and if he truly is a heel now, can they have him fight Ciampa again after? Did we also notice Candace LeRae coming out in all black?

Also - they announced Baszler/Sane at Takeover will be a 2 out of 3 falls match. Huh. Baszler has to win again with help from her friends right? Regal perhaps should look to ban them from ringside? Cue 1 pin each and Io Shirai or whoever else comes out to even the odds....? Either way TooCool is stoked to get more Sane.
    More Kairi Sane is always a good thing!

If Candace LeRae is in all black does this mean she automatically turned heel too? o_o

In random news, according to the dirt sheets RAW moving forward will no longer have an over-run. So it'll end right on the dot at 11 PM, just like how Smackdown always ends at 10 PM.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3512 Post(s)

Looks like we're only getting 4 matches for TakeOver as they are all expected to get decent amount of time.

Riddle vs Ohno is still on, but it's going to be taped before the PPV for the NXT episode the following week.

As for RAW... I can't help but laugh at the fact that Stephanie, Cole, Graves, etc act surprise as if they don't know a Smackdown attack is happening. It's funny that they pretend it doesn't happen every year. And of course, a minor gripe would be Becky's music playing after she attacked Rousey. Silly to play a superstar's music when they're not on your show. But WWE has always done this... so that's why it's a minor gripe. Just silly is all.

So that means RAW men will "attack" tonight to even the score.

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

Team Melf.
    Images
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    628 Post(s)

Finally found the show from when my brother's band played at the border of Washington/Idaho. @Henry1515 was there before it began.

Support Be the Match through Tanner's site

http://www.bethematchfoundation.org/...&team_id=23513

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    957 Post(s)

I’ve been away due to the fires and didn’t see raw. Heard lynch was pulled from survivor series due to a fracture in her face she got from a Jax punch. Is this true or a work?

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3512 Post(s)

I’ve been away due to the fires and didn’t see raw. Heard lynch was pulled from survivor series due to a fracture in her face she got from a Jax punch. Is this true or a work?
    Hope you're alright.

Unfortunately it looks like it's true. Nia Jax's careless punch to Becky's face = broken nose + concussion. Becky is pulled and we'll find out who replaces her tonight. =x At least Becky doesn't have to job to Ronda I guess.

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    957 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    Hope you're alright.

Unfortunately it looks like it's true. Nia Jax's careless punch to Becky's face = broken nose + concussion. Becky is pulled and we'll find out who replaces her tonight. =x At least Becky doesn't have to job to Ronda I guess.
    Thanks. Sobering to be evacuated from your house for 6 days and watch the news Friday night taking place from in front of your house while neighbors still there were sending video of a fire behind your backyard.

Managed to catch a few segments online from last night - that Lynch hug with Charlotte was odd, considering everything they've been doing with her character. I fully expect Rousey to run over Charlotte thus continuing her lack of confidence storyline.

Uh WTF with Daniel Bryan? Rushed story much?
    Last edited by ucsdguy1; November 14th, 2018 at 09:17 AM.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    957 Post(s)

Final Takeover predictions:

Undisputed vs. War Machine/Ricochet/Dunne: This should be brutal and intense. I'm going to say the faces on this one just because most of my other predictions are for the heels.

Ciampa vs. Dream: I wish there was a longer build-up to this one as it seemed kind of rushes. Should be a lot of fun and I'm sure Dream gets his time to shine, but I don't see any way Ciampa loses this match or the title.

Black vs. Johnny: Build up, while somewhat predictable of the "whodunnit", has been good on this. I expect Gargano to win as after his heel turn he can't possibly lose his first match. Probably by nefarious means. Then we'll find out where he goes from there, whether a re-match with Black or straight at the title.

Baszler vs. Sane: Sane will get at least 1 fall, but Baszler will retain. Somehow the other mma horsewomen will get involved. Perhaps Sane gets some backup of her own. But Baszler will retain.

Taped: Bro vs. Kassius: Wouldn't mind Riddle taking it as his Bro persona does kind of make me chuckle. But after all Ohno has been talking re: the new blood, he's got to back it up. Perhaps Riddle takes a cheap pin then Ohno destroys him after the fact.

With only 4 matches this really has the potential to have some outstanding wrestling. And HHH will be there from how it appears. Looking at my tickets this morning I didn't realize this starts at 3:15 pm. Yeesh. I'm assuming the taped match then the actual ppv starts at 4, but I'm not even sure I'm going to make it by 3:15..

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3512 Post(s)

Final Takeover predictions:

Undisputed vs. War Machine/Ricochet/Dunne: This should be brutal and intense. I'm going to say the faces on this one just because most of my other predictions are for the heels.

Ciampa vs. Dream: I wish there was a longer build-up to this one as it seemed kind of rushes. Should be a lot of fun and I'm sure Dream gets his time to shine, but I don't see any way Ciampa loses this match or the title.

Black vs. Johnny: Build up, while somewhat predictable of the "whodunnit", has been good on this. I expect Gargano to win as after his heel turn he can't possibly lose his first match. Probably by nefarious means. Then we'll find out where he goes from there, whether a re-match with Black or straight at the title.

Baszler vs. Sane: Sane will get at least 1 fall, but Baszler will retain. Somehow the other mma horsewomen will get involved. Perhaps Sane gets some backup of her own. But Baszler will retain.

Taped: Bro vs. Kassius: Wouldn't mind Riddle taking it as his Bro persona does kind of make me chuckle. But after all Ohno has been talking re: the new blood, he's got to back it up. Perhaps Riddle takes a cheap pin then Ohno destroys him after the fact.

With only 4 matches this really has the potential to have some outstanding wrestling. And HHH will be there from how it appears. Looking at my tickets this morning I didn't realize this starts at 3:15 pm. Yeesh. I'm assuming the taped match then the actual ppv starts at 4, but I'm not even sure I'm going to make it by 3:15..
    Agree with your predictions.

- I don't see Undisputed winning this though quite frankly, I don't think it hurts anyone to come out of this brutal match a loser. You know all 8 of them will give it their all and that's all you can ask for.

- Gargano should definitely win this one. Especially since Aleister Black isn't undefeated anymore.

- I also don't see The Velveteen Dream winning it yet oddly enough he would turn more heads if he did.

- I don't see Baszler dropping the NXT Women's Title at all, not until after Wrestlemania. They're going to take this horsewomen thing and run with it.

- Matt Riddle should win right? Does Kassius really need it? He's kind of like a jobber in NXT at this rate. =x

Yep, the PPV is at 4. I guess they liked the start time of Evolution being at 4 PM so TakeOver is the same way instead of 5 PM. That means the show is ending at 6:30-7:00 PM. On the Staples Center website it says the doors will open at 1:45 PM. But I've heard conflicting reports that the doors actually open at 2:30 PM. So we'll see...

I remember when I used to attend WWE Events they didn't open the damn doors until 15 minutes before the 1st dark match, so that would be super annoying with everyone scrambling to their seats and/or trying to buy food and drinks. Dexter, waterboy, Matt Young and I will be at the Yardhouse at 2. I'm stoked.

Rink Dawg

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    760 Post(s)

I still say put Ohno on the main roster for a years-long feud with Kevin Owens.