All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1077 Post(s)

so lame

Rusev and Lana joined Lilian Garcia for a conversation on her Chasing Glory podcast and right at the end of part one of a two parter, Lilian asks “why did they break you guys up with Aiden English?” The tone immediately changes, with Lana kicking it to Rusev with “I’ll let you answer that question.”

So he does:

”Who’s to say? They had different visions. Management had different visions. And we fought, and we fought, and we fought.”

Lilian confirms he’s saying they wanted to stick together, and he does just that.

”Of course! If it ain’t broke, why fix it? There’s nothing to fix. I keep referring back to last WrestleMania and all that because I just watched the WWE 24 special or whatever, and the whole weekend, the whole thing, months leading into and after it was all about Rusev Day, and people singing, top selling merch, everything.”

That’s when Lana jumps back in to talk about how big it felt in New Orleans, that they couldn’t walk down the street without hearing the chants of “Rusev Day.” It felt like a legitimately big deal. Naturally, they wanted to continue that.

Would they want to go back?

”We’re way past that at this point,” Rusev said. “We’ve gotta move on.”

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3692 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    so lame
    I saw that Wrestlemania 24 Special thing the other night too. That thing with the whole Rusev Day was amazing. You could tell that Rusev and Lana were legit happy. But the fact that Vince (and management) ignored that and didn't do anything special with it... I don't think Rusev will get any major push moving forward. =\
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1077 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    I saw that Wrestlemania 24 Special thing the other night too. That thing with the whole Rusev Day was amazing. You could tell that Rusev and Lana were legit happy. But the fact that Vince (and management) ignored that and didn't do anything special with it... I don't think Rusev will get any major push moving forward. =\
    Yep. I still recall last year wearing my shirt to Disneyland and was getting high fives and happy rusev day yells all day (my wife was so enthralled.....not). Missed opportunity. Interesting that they didn't want to break up with Aiden either.

As for last night, the story with Lynch was a bit weird. I mean Stephanie wasn't really doing anything all that heel owner-ish was she? I guess the story will be Lynch knows her knee is injured and wants to fight through it, but is terrified her opportunity will be taken away from her?

Ambrose's role is now to put over talent before he heads out into the sunset? That whole Bliss segment was really awkward, and the whole scene was stolen by Ambrose ripping on EC3 ("where are EC 1 and 2?", "you look like a Creed fan")

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3692 Post(s)

Yep. I still recall last year wearing my shirt to Disneyland and was getting high fives and happy rusev day yells all day (my wife was so enthralled.....not). Missed opportunity. Interesting that they didn't want to break up with Aiden either.

As for last night, the story with Lynch was a bit weird. I mean Stephanie wasn't really doing anything all that heel owner-ish was she? I guess the story will be Lynch knows her knee is injured and wants to fight through it, but is terrified her opportunity will be taken away from her?

Ambrose's role is now to put over talent before he heads out into the sunset? That whole Bliss segment was really awkward, and the whole scene was stolen by Ambrose ripping on EC3 ("where are EC 1 and 2?", "you look like a Creed fan")
    Your wife was just jealous you were getting high fives!!!

I'm not a fan of Stephanie thrusting herself into the storyline as usual. Becky/Ronda was fine on its own. But you know how the McMahons are, they are glory hogs... Also doesn't make sense for Ronda to say that Becky wasn't being "professional" when she attacked Steph last year as well. Typical brain dead WWE logic right?

I'm glad EC3 finally got some TV time. Unfortunately it looks like they're booking him as a mute. Let him speak! He is great on the mic. I swear Vince doesn't know these guys... And speaking of Vince being Vince, guess who lost their last names? Your boys, Heavy Machinery. I guess that was expected.. =\ Just calling them Otis and Tucker, meh. But we'll see how it goes I guess. I did see a hilarious tweet where someone was pretending to be a ring announcer and announcing Orton's title win. "And NEEEEEWWWWW WWE Champion... RANDY!" That just made me laugh.

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1077 Post(s)

Your wife was just jealous you were getting high fives!!!
    I'm not a fan of Stephanie thrusting herself into the storyline as usual. Becky/Ronda was fine on its own. But you know how the McMahons are, they are glory hogs... Also doesn't make sense for Ronda to say that Becky wasn't being "professional" when she attacked Steph last year as well. Typical brain dead WWE logic right?
    HHH too?

I guess, at least Asuke got a vignette last night?

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3692 Post(s)

HHH too?

I guess, at least Asuke got a vignette last night?
    HHH too... soon it will be Vince himself. =x

Poor Asuka, I think she's going to be on the sideline as a champ for now because the focus is on the Women's Tag Titles at the Elimination Chamber. I also think it's very silly that the RAW Women need to "qualify" to be in the chamber but the Smackdown girls can just declare themselves for it. That's what happens when you don't have enough Women on the Smackdown side.

Is it just me or does Orton seem a bit rejuvenated when he got to face someone new like Mustafa Ali? That RKO he did last night was unique and a cool looking spot.

It's great that we finally got to see The Goodbrothers wrestle but now there's no New Day, The Bar, and R-Truth as US Champ... I know you can't make time for everyone but I also don't understand how WWE does such a poor job of putting guys on TV to keep them noticed. I saw some tweets from Sanity and they're fed up.

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1077 Post(s)

HHH too... soon it will be Vince himself. =x

Poor Asuka, I think she's going to be on the sideline as a champ for now because the focus is on the Women's Tag Titles at the Elimination Chamber. I also think it's very silly that the RAW Women need to "qualify" to be in the chamber but the Smackdown girls can just declare themselves for it. That's what happens when you don't have enough Women on the Smackdown side.

Is it just me or does Orton seem a bit rejuvenated when he got to face someone new like Mustafa Ali? That RKO he did last night was unique and a cool looking spot.

It's great that we finally got to see The Goodbrothers wrestle but now there's no New Day, The Bar, and R-Truth as US Champ... I know you can't make time for everyone but I also don't understand how WWE does such a poor job of putting guys on TV to keep them noticed. I saw some tweets from Sanity and they're fed up.
    Did you see Ali's eye after last night?

As for Asuke, it seems very hard to focus on her as champion or as a powerhouse when the women's scene is directly focused on Lynch and Rousey (no mention of the Lynch tapout since royal rumble, hmmm).

I can never tell if tweets are real or scripted as wwe seems so heavily focused on controlling what gets out. But I don't blame Sanity for WTF sentiments.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1077 Post(s)

Gargano/Velveteen has me like yes please! Although it looks like this is being used to further Johnny more towards the DIY-dark side, and Velveteen will most likely lose which sucks. Especially as it's on NXT in two weeks, not at a Takeover (until the inevitable rematch).

Ricochet/Cole? Yes please part two.

so Drew Gulak came to NXT. This guy he wrestled BugenHagen though? Dude is a straight up rock n roll rick martel who could double in a dr. pepper commercial. That was a laugh. Hell of a match with Riddle/Gulak though.
    Last edited by ucsdguy1; February 7th, 2019 at 01:17 PM.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1077 Post(s)

Am I crazy, or are they completely mis-writing what made Lynch so popular? "The Man" who took no crap would never just apologize to HHH and Stephanie. She might have said "I'm sorry.......for what I'm about to do to you" and hit them again. She never would have listened and taken advice from other superstars on the roster of whether to apologize.

And where were HHH and Stephanie when Vince just went over their heads? Lynch will still obviously be in the match at Wrestlemania, and I still don't like the idea of Charlotte being in it.

Also, so is Banks legimitately injured and being protected, or are they inching towards breaking up Bayley and Banks AGAIN? Second week in a row "injured" sasha leaves bayley out to dry. Shouldn't they just win the women's tag titles and have a run for awhile?

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    795 Post(s)

Meh. Only thing worth watching last night was Gable and Roode vs. The Revival. Good match.