Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3432 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    So....seriously?
    My predictions were pretty spot on, minus the fact that Becky actually won the Women's Title.

The PPV itself was really good up until the last two matches...

- Ronda/Alexa.. I just can't get into it. I'm not a fan of the UFC people and having Ronda sell a rib injury just isn't believable to me. I understand it was a way to give Alexa some offense but still. Nice new powerbomb type of move from Rousey though.

- Strowman/Reigns was okay to start but the finish was stupid. You cannot have a no contest in a HIAC match. That just can't happen. They're going too far to protect Roman from losing. But even with that, at least have Brock drag Roman's body over Strowman for the cover to make it look like Brock wanted to face Roman again. Even Orton got the cover on Hardy after he pretty much died. Can you imagine if they booked two HIAC matches with No Contests?

One major gripe though was when Rollins, Ambrose, McIntyre, and Ziggler came out to interfere and fight each other.. I think it was dumb that Strowman and Reigns took a nap for 5-10 minutes. I get that the focus is on the guys at the top of the cell, but to not do anything inside the cell? Meh.. I also think the whole thing could have been planned better. Say for example, have Brock's music hit. Then all 4 guys are scrambling to get down to help their respective guy inside the cell. And while that's happening, they can crash through the announce table or something. Instead, after Ziggler and Rollins did the predictable spot... Ambrose and McIntyre was forgotten up at the top of the cell. What did they do? Just play dead like Roman and Braun the whole time?

And last of all.. Mick Foley served zero purpose in that match. The only "bump" he took was a pepper spray to the face by Heyman.

But other than those two things I have to complain about, everything was pretty damn good leading up to it. I just feel bad for AJ Styles because ever since he's been a WWE Champion.. he had to defend his title in the middle of the card.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    926 Post(s)

Don’t forget Foley’s magnificent 3 count

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    926 Post(s)

These glorified house shows outside the country are getting out of control. We now have the Australia supershow, another one in Saudi Arabia in November, and then Survivor Series? Enough already.

I really am over Brock Lesnar. I don't care, and this storyline has gone nowhere. Braun with this is "this sucks, you suck, this whole thing sucks" once again showed how ready the crowd is to be behind him, until they of course had him throw in the "and everyone in this arena sucks" line.

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    755 Post(s)

I have been away, so I finally finished watching the Hell in a Cell PPV this morning. I thought the wrestling was overall good, but the big-picture booking was overall poor.

Chief among the miscues was having multiple Hell in a Cell matches on the card, because how are Strowman and Reigns supposed to follow Hardy and Orton? As messy as the end of the card was, that's pretty much the easiest out.

WWE really needs to get out of Monday Night Wars mode. It's been nearly 20 years since WCW has been gone, and they don't have to rely purely on spectacle any more. It's way past the time that they took advantage of their monopoly by changing up the format.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3432 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    These glorified house shows outside the country are getting out of control. We now have the Australia supershow, another one in Saudi Arabia in November, and then Survivor Series? Enough already.

I really am over Brock Lesnar. I don't care, and this storyline has gone nowhere. Braun with this is "this sucks, you suck, this whole thing sucks" once again showed how ready the crowd is to be behind him, until they of course had him throw in the "and everyone in this arena sucks" line.
    I hear ya. It annoyed me that they used Hell in a Cell to promote The Super Show Down PPV in Australia. That's why a match with an insane stipulation of Hell in a Cell... wasn't finished. Ridiculous. Obviously back when these PPVs were 50-60 bucks, pulling this kind of crap would be absolutely unacceptable. But I guess now with it being 10 bucks, they can do whatever the **** they want.

And reports are saying the multi-year deal with the glorified house shows in Saudi Arabia is that Vince is making like 45 million dollars on that show alone. You compare that to any other PPVs (maybe even including Wrestlemania), and it's a no brainer as to why they're doing what they're doing. Brock gets his big ass pay day. Undertaker gets his big ass pay day. And even Shawn Michaels is said to come out of retirement to wrestle in at least 2 matches for that big pay day.

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    926 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    I hear ya. It annoyed me that they used Hell in a Cell to promote The Super Show Down PPV in Australia. That's why a match with an insane stipulation of Hell in a Cell... wasn't finished. Ridiculous. Obviously back when these PPVs were 50-60 bucks, pulling this kind of crap would be absolutely unacceptable. But I guess now with it being 10 bucks, they can do whatever the **** they want.

And reports are saying the multi-year deal with the glorified house shows in Saudi Arabia is that Vince is making like 45 million dollars on that show alone. You compare that to any other PPVs (maybe even including Wrestlemania), and it's a no brainer as to why they're doing what they're doing. Brock gets his big ass pay day. Undertaker gets his big ass pay day. And even Shawn Michaels is said to come out of retirement to wrestle in at least 2 matches for that big pay day.
    Yeah I was reading Brock may be getting a 7 figure pay day for the Saudi Arabia job. Who knows if he stays around after but damn.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3432 Post(s)

So Aiden has officially turned heel. Nooooooooooo! I mean we all saw it coming but I still kind of wish it didn't have to happen. Would have liked to see Team Rusev Day win the tag titles and carry it for a bit. Because I still think once Rusev is done with Aiden, then we'll never see Aiden again as he will be stuck in catering.

I also dug Becky's promo about wanting Charlotte to raise her arm and then put the belt around her waist. But the line of "I want you to call me queen.......... bitch." was so good. Becky is doing all the heel things but still getting cheered. Good job crowd. =D Charlotte constantly trying to protect her boobs from falling out was weird though. You would think that if you knew you were getting attacked, you weren't going to wear a top like that. So it was funny and awkward trying to see Charlotte sell the pain while covering her chest at the same time.

That's all I caught on Youtube since I was at the Kings game last night.

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    926 Post(s)

I just watched Dunne/Ricochet from last night and am out of breath. I think everyone knew Undisputed would get involved as neither champ could/should have taken the loss, but wow that was a pretty good one.

and Hmmm.......Dunne/Richochet/War Raiders vs. Undisputed at War Games anyone?
    Last edited by ucsdguy1; September 20th, 2018 at 11:30 AM.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    926 Post(s)

All In crowd pops (and highlights) before it gets taken down..

Last edited by ucsdguy1; Yesterday at 08:05 AM.