Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 1650
    <3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3606 Post(s)

The Smackdown side of TLC looks really good.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    991 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    The Smackdown side of TLC looks really good.
    Lynch/Charlotte/Asuke should headline.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    991 Post(s)

Editor's note: this is the last month on my Rusev Day calendar, and there is no 2019 calendar on wwe.com :(

Come on now Rusev Claus.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    991 Post(s)

yeah after last night it's about a 99.998478934% guarantee Asuke isn't winning anything sunday.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3606 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    yeah after last night it's about a 99.998478934% guarantee Asuke isn't winning anything sunday.
    There's still a chance if Rousey interferes... haha. But you're right, the last person to gain an advantage loses.

This new Daniel Bryan thing is fun. Loved when he asked Mustafa Ali what car he drives, only to hit him when he said SUV . It's easy to hate one of those environmentalist folks. There's no way he should drop the title to AJ Styles though. I guess all that's left for AJ here is to win that Royal Rumble match or something.

Speaking of Royal Rumble. I really hate that they made it so that the winners of Mixed Match Challenge get the #30 spot. First, that takes away from the surprise on who enters #30 and Second, I don't think people will care too much if it's either Jinder or Truth on the guy's side and Carmella and Fox on the girl's side. It could be funny though if the Women's rumble was first and then R-Truth came out at #30 thinking it's his match.

And I have some sad news to report. Dirt sheets report that Dakota Kai tore her ACL in a house show which could put her out of action for at least six months.

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    991 Post(s)

anyone catch NXT this week?

Ricochet's match against.............spoiler alert

TYLER BREEZE LIVES

(and loses)

but that was fun!

also his tweet after the match:

So @KingRicochet ✅ @VelveteenWWE ? @WWENXT

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    991 Post(s)

Wow, they did it. Asuke is champ. I loved this match. How can Flair not have broken ribs? I have differing opinions on the outcome that change depending on what time it is....first, does this mean Charlotte, Lynch or both will be moving to Raw to continue with Rousey? Do they push the story to a big triple threat match at wrestlemania and let Flair/Lynch try to get the title back on Smackdown until the Rumble? If they move either of the big two to Raw, I'm just not sure who becomes an option for Asuke to feud with? Either way, good to see Asuke on top. Now let her have a long, long reign. I was quite surprised they pulled the title off Lynch so quickly. Having her with the title keeps with her "i'm the man" gimmick. She can obviously say "I was never beaten", but still. Also I believe the crowd stays behind Lynch in this one (Rousey better get used to some boos)

Other quick TLC thoughts:

I didn't watch the pre-show so skipping it.

The mixed match final had no business being on the ppv. But I'll take as much R-Truth as you can give me. Enjoy that trip to Stamford, CT big man!

Not a bad way to have Corbin lose. Let the guys who he wronged get some revenge. However, I thought they could've really extended the Heath Slater as unwilling villain ref longer. Remind us over and over he's got kids and has to do what he has to do before he finally turned again (a la Virgil). This happened too quickly, but with Corbin being removed I guess it had to happen. So Lesnar/Strowman at Royal Rumble? Unfortunately I don't see Strowman coming out on top. You just know Vince wants Lesnar with the title fighting at Wrestlemania. Against Rollins perhaps?

Speaking of Rollins, what the hell was that match with Ambrose? Uh a crowd should NEVER be chanting "boring" during a seth rollins match. I thought I was just drained after 3 hours of wrestling but man that one moved way too slow.

Triple Threat Smackdown Tag match - something was missing here. Are we just completely desensitized to the same three teams fighting all the time? [hello Sa-ni-ty]

Natalya/Riott - honestly this may have been one of my favorite matches of the night. It wasn't a blow out "holy ****" match, but it was clinical. Good chemistry, all 3 of the riott squad went through a table. Good emotion with the constant throwbacks to the anvil. Natalya seemed genuinely happy and motivated. Much credit to Riott. She performed and sold well. That powerbomb through the table, sheesh. I enjoyed this more than I thought I would.

Balor/McIntyre: pretty good match, but nothing that made it overly memorable. Hopefully McYntire gets involved interfering with Ziggler tonight to continue their feud, and Balor gets the win and more momentum.

Orton/Mysterio: Orton still bores the hell out of me so I took a bathroom break here. I'm sure it was a decent match.

Rousey/Jax: Well they certain took away the aura of Nia Jax didn't they? Again. I mean when people get put in a submission hold, can't they nowadays struggle a little bit before tapping out IMMEDIATELY? I'll credit Rousey. For being so new she again performed well in the ring. She sold very well and is still super fast in countering moves into one of her submissions. But if Jax is this monster, with a monster in Tamina on her side, can anyone really beat Rousey? ::cough Lynch cough:: Also with Lynch attacking Jax backstage, if the man makes the switch there's a first match for her. But let's hope Jax/Tamina move away from Rousey now and start that women's tag team title bid that will culminate with a match against Banks/Bayley at Wrestlemania.

Styles/Bryan: clinical match. And a clean win for Bryan. Felt like a New Japan match. Left me wanting a bit more. These guys might have one more match in them at Royal Rumble. Hell make it an iron man match or a 2 out of 3 falls. But they're capable of putting on a great one.
    Last edited by ucsdguy1; December 17th, 2018 at 09:33 AM.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3606 Post(s)

Thanks for your thoughts as usual!

I also skipped the pre-show and I was surprised they moved Elias and Lashley there. Good move because that feud sucks and they gave it a Ladder match gimmick? Come on now.

- Triple Threat TLC Match for the Smackdown Women's Title: By far the best match of the night. They took insane bumps and it felt like Asuka ate most of them. So it makes sense that she gets the title as a reward right? =D I think it was the right move to have Rousey screw over both Becky and Charlotte because it builds more to the fact that they're both want to get their hands on Rousey at Mania no matter what. That means either Becky or Charlotte will win the Rumble so they can choose to fight Rousey at Wrestlemania. When was the last time they had 2 people win with both feet touching the floor at the same time? Maybe they use that storyline to get those two to win to make it a Triple Threat Match.

But don't forget, Becky still has a rematch clause which I don't think she should win. It would be bad to take it off of Asuka right away. But who does Asuka feud with? Mandy Rose? Naomi? Sonya Deville? What they should do is finally let Nikki Cross be on Smackdown permanently and let her take a run at Asuka.

- WWE Title Match: This was my 2nd favorite match of the night. The crowd was still cheering for the new Daniel Bryan a lot which is good. I didn't like the finish too much but overall it makes sense. AJ Styles can't out small package the small package man. Surprised that Daniel won clean though. Either way, they told a great story and it was a lot of fun seeing them go like 20+ minutes.

- Triple Threat Match for the Smackdown Tag Title: My 3rd favorite match of the night. I just wanted to say though that I hate the rules for a Triple Threat Tag Match. It's dumb that one team isn't fighting in the match and they need to tag in someone just to get in. I mean sure, they'll eventually all get their spots in... but I feel like it should always been Tornado rules where it's pure carnage. Hell, when the Usos finally tagged in, you could see that they screwed up already because Kofi wasn't the legal man but they didn't know themselves. But that's just me nitpicking. This match still had a good amount of action. You're right though, I'm sick of seeing these 3 teams duke it out. Yeah, they're great just like the Hardy Boyz, Dudleys, and Edge & Christian. But you also have so many great talent not being used. Like you mentioned, Sanity is just sitting around doing nothing...

And now for the rest of "meh" matches for me.

Tables Match: Natalya vs Ruby Riott - I'll admit, I didn't care for this feud because I think it was kind of lame to use Natty's dad's death as the focal point. While I give props to these two for the match, I think it went like 5 minutes too long. Also a little silly to see Liv Morgan taken out of the match so early but she "died" from one table bump. Same for Sara Logan really. I get that from a story perspective, it's a smart way to take them out to keep them from interfering. But if you're going to have a long match, it's odd that they never recovered.

Finn Balor vs Drew McIntyre - This felt like a random match thrown in but at least they're on the PPV. While Balor needed the win badly, it was also at the expense of McIntyre losing for no reason. Are they going to do something silly down the line with Ziggler and Balor vs McIntyre to show how bad ass McIntyre is?

Chairs Match: Orton vs Mysterio - I like heel Orton but this feud was weak. All I have to say is I was surprised how many chair shots where used in the match. Neither of these guys are young anymore so I'm sure they're feeling it today. Mysterio just escaped with a win so it doesn't really solve anything as far as the feud goes.

Ronda Rousey vs Nia Jax for the RAW Women's Title - Ronda is improving well in the ring, just like Baszler. That's nice to see. This match was okay. It's tough to get in a match when you know there is 0% chance of a title change. We've seen what Ronda can do against Charlotte so I can't wait for Ronda vs Becky/Charlotte.

Rollins vs Ambrose for the IC Title - Oh man, the "This is boring" chants was brutal to hear for these two guys. It was warranted though and I'll tell you why. #1 , very tough to put them on AFTER Daniel Bryan vs AJ Styles. That's just not fair. #2 , this match should have a gimmick match on a gimmick PPV like TLC. This should have been a No DQ Match or Ladders Match at the very least. Instead, they were settling their differences and hatred for each other in a rest hold match... They never kicked it to a 2nd gear. You could tell that the fans early on were waiting for something exciting to happen and it never did. Definitely sucks because these are two good workers but the booking is to blame really. Plus, Ambrose won the IC title with one Dirty Deeds which was kind of weak.

Corbin vs Strowman - Yep. Not a fan of this one either. So Strowman isn't cleared to wrestle yet which is fine. But we all know how Strowman/Lesnar will be again. Do we really want to see a monster like Strowman lose to Lesnar again for the 100th time? And you bring up a good point about Slater's referee gimmick. While he was impacted by Corbin's run as GM, that felt a little rushed. Let's not forget about the fact that Rhyno is still "fired" lol. But anyway, this was a waste of a TLC match as well.

Mixed Matched Challenge Finals - So many changes to Mixed Match Challenge due to injuries or the fact that they didn't want to double book their wrestlers. Which is why they went with 2 teams that stuck together the whole time and chalk it up "chemistry". It was silly fun as usual and I guess it was smart of them to have it open the PPV in hopes that people who watch on Facebook would sign up for the Network. I don't like that the #30 spot is given to them though because that takes out the surprise in the Rumble. It also doesn't help when people see it as a wasted spot since Carmella and R-Truth have no chance in hell of winning the Rumble either.

So overall it was a pretty above average show. The Smackdown side really carried this PPV. It's crazy to see that a PPV like TLC, people like Rusev, Shinsuke Nakamura, Jeff Hardy, The Miz, Revival, AOP, Bayley, and Sasha Banks didn't have a match..

They're also taping two episodes of RAW tonight (and I assume two of Smackdown tomorrow) so the wrestlers can get Christmas off next week.
    Last edited by TooCool; December 17th, 2018 at 01:23 PM.

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    991 Post(s)

solid points. I didn't realize they were taping two weeks worth tonight. So with the new tv deals do the brand splits go away, or status quo?

and don't forget who's back tonight

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    991 Post(s)

riiight, so good on Nikki Cross. But you're telling me out of everyone....Heavy Machinery, EC3, and Lacey Evans are the ones going up??? I mean I'm happy to have Gargano, Undisputed, Black, Ricochet, Dunne, Belair, etc. stay in NXT, but that's who they chose? I guess they figure they can't bring up everyone from NXT or there'd be nothing left. I don't see Evans doing ANYTHING in the women's division. Machinery might be a laugh for a week, but they're going to get lost. Same with EC3. Will be interesting to see which, if any show up at the Rumble or before, or if these promos are just for down the road.

Other raw thoughts:

So the handicap match with Corbin was basically a repeat of TLC, no? And yeah the audience booed him mercilously (not on the level of post-WM Reigns), but did they not forget the McMahons were basically the ones who shoved him down our throats as commissioner anyway? Also not much of what the McMahons said really "shook things up" did it? That change may eventually come I guess. Also, as soon as they said "we're going to start listening to what you fans want" the crowd should've immediately started a Rusev Day chant. For shame, for shame.

McYntire was about as expected, using the segment to show how bada** he is.

After Rollins attacked Ambrose and was interviewed backstage, did we really need a confrontation with Corbin? Please don't make this a side feud, but just a match for next week. Also, we need more Tyler Breeze.

The 4 way tag match was so so, but at least the Revival picked up the win and hopefully can actually do something.

Owens and Zayn can't come back soon enough.

Also was fun watching Rousey try to give a face promo while the crowd pretty much just wanted to chant for Becky. The women's gauntlet was okay, but each match was just way too rushed. Natalya/Banks got a little bit of time, but we've seen Sasha have 30 minute+ matches, this just seemed too short to really be that big of a loss. Obviously Natalya has no chance of beating Rousey. Unless they want to shake things up, have Lynch and/or Flair come out and distract Rousey causing her to lose. Natalya ends the year on a BIG note, and now neither of the big 3 have titles. I'm trying to stay away from Raw results for next week online and let myself watch in realtime, surely to set myself up for disappointment.
    Last edited by ucsdguy1; December 18th, 2018 at 09:22 AM.