Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3721 Post(s)

AEW - 1.4 million viewers
    NXT - 891,000 viewers

Good start for AEW. I don't even see them as being in "war" with NXT. If anything, I pray AEW continues its success so that it makes RAW and Smackdown better. We all already know that NXT delivers, especially their Takeovers.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1096 Post(s)

I’m not a big ufc guy and only really know Cain Velasquez having heard the name before. And granted this will draw name interest, but good lord Kofi deserved much better than that.

Is it Wednesday yet?
    Last edited by ucsdguy1; October 4th, 2019 at 10:45 PM.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3721 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    I’m not a big ufc guy and only really know Cain Velasquez having heard the name before. And granted this will draw name interest, but good lord Kofi deserved much better than that.

Is it Wednesday yet?
    I'm pissed that they did Kofi dirty. Honestly, this is the thing I hate most about Vince and his "big stars". For me personally, there's a reason why I DON'T watch UFC/MMA. I don't care for it. I get that Lesnar is a draw (but that's because you refuse to build new stars). Then you got this Cain Velasquez dude and that other guy feuding with Braun Strowman now.

It was great that Kofi got his Wrestlemania moment. Hell, I remember thinking that even if he held the WWE Title for 1 month and lost it, I would have been okay with it. But to see him get booked as a strong champion for the last 6 months, only to lose it to Lesnar in 5 seconds is an absolute slap in the face in my opinion. You're pretty much saying "Here, we're going to have the UFC guys take over. You, the actual full time wrestler need to take a back seat yet again."

As for the rest of the show, it was okay at best. Way too many commercial breaks! So much for Fox cutting down on it. The ladder match felt rushed. Braun's new feud with the other MMA dude thing made 7 other guys look useless and pointless... and those guys were the likes of AJ Styles, Miz, and even Orton. Rollins/Nakamura was pointless but at least it builds for Hell in a Cell. The 4 horsewomen worked an okay match.

The only fun part was The Rock's segment to start the show. Good for Becky Lynch and Baron Corbin though for being able to share that moment with The Rock.

I'm definitely looking forward to see what AEW can give us on Wednesday. And I definitely won't bother with Hell in a Cell or Raw.

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

Do or Do Not!
    Images
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    955 Post(s)

Loved Smackdown last night. Kofi had the title waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long. The Funhouse episode was hilarious. Love seeing how Ramblin Rabbit is going to die each time. Been to long since the Rock appeared. Loved his segment. HE did a nice job of passing the torch to Becky Lynch. Hell In A Cell tomorrow Mitches!

I am the Monkey King, I can do Anything.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1096 Post(s)

Hahahaha nice match and ending Wwe!

And thanks for coming back/going heel Sasha and bayley. It did wonders for your results.

At least the banks/lynch and Bryan/Reigns matches were entertaining enough. And asuke channeled her inner great muta/yoshihiro tajiri to get a result.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1096 Post(s)

Man take it with a grain of salt but that "draft" last night was horrible. I don't care about fox nfl teams doing analysis, nor do I care about feaux celebrating fox/usa executives celebrating in board rooms (come on now). Stephanie's delivery on the picks left much to be desired.

So the fiend attacks rollins from under the ring, but goes to the blue brand so I guess that's that?

I also can't imagine caring less about crown jewel.

I guess Bayley finally going full heel and winning the title was one memorable moment (there were other ways she could've won in heel fashion than just a roll up). (see https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/20...video-reaction)

But geez this was pretty unwatchable for me, and I'm inching more towards only focusing on AEW and NXT next-day replays, and just highlights of the other shows.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3721 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    Man take it with a grain of salt but that "draft" last night was horrible. I don't care about fox nfl teams doing analysis, nor do I care about feaux celebrating fox/usa executives celebrating in board rooms (come on now). Stephanie's delivery on the picks left much to be desired.

So the fiend attacks rollins from under the ring, but goes to the blue brand so I guess that's that?

I also can't imagine caring less about crown jewel.

I guess Bayley finally going full heel and winning the title was one memorable moment (there were other ways she could've won in heel fashion than just a roll up). (see https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/20...video-reaction)

But geez this was pretty unwatchable for me, and I'm inching more towards only focusing on AEW and NXT next-day replays, and just highlights of the other shows.
    Smackdown absolutely rubbed me the wrong way. As much as I hate to admit it, I'm just about done with WWE at this point.

It's like you said, the draft was really bad. Fake reactions from the "war room" on a draft format that makes ZERO SENSE. All the champs should be picked first, because shouldn't you want the titles on your show? The Rollins/Reigns match was definitely dumb as they tried to play it off as something important with the winner getting the 1st pick. Then Bray attacks Seth so RAW gets the pick? Okay...... Then Fox supposedly chooses Roman Reigns anyway even though he lost. Along with Bray, when he gave RAW the 1st pick. Logic much?

Then you have the "USA Network" being idiots and drafting Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross separately. Way to waste your pick there geniuses.

But the thing that bugged me the most was that Kofi Kingston got ZERO promo time. It's like he didn't give a **** about losing the WWE Title, the title he held for 6 MONTHS. He went back on to his merry way, throwing pancakes with the New Day. This is why WWE is unwatchable. Time and time again, Vince pushes the part time UFC has-beens to be his main eventers. He realizes that UFC people don't even watch WWE right? It's just insulting to all the wrestlers who bust their asses night in and night out, only to be pushed aside immediately because some former MMA fighter wants to sign part time. I'm just sick of it.

And my last rant for the evening is Shorty Gable. Yeah, we know Vince got it trademarked 1-2 months ago but to insist on going through with it just annoys me some more. Here you got a great story in an overlooked underdog who almost won King of the Ring. The fans got behind him and then guess what? He loses to Corbin. Then he beats Corbin on RAW or whatever, only to have yet another rematch. He wins again, and then Corbin immediately beats him up backstage. Corbin insists on the short jokes and the announcers started saying it. How does this help Gable? He suddenly gets a name change and is stuck with it just because Vince finds it hilarious?

You compare that to Darby Allin over on AEW. He's short too. But guess what? Jim Ross describes what kind of fighter he is and just how freaking tough he is. He gets over based on the fact that he's gritty and won't back down despite his size. AEW doesn't poke fun at his height and put him down intentionally. Now Darby Allin looks like a legit contender as he faces Jericho for the AEW Title on Wednesday. This is all because he went toe-to-toe with Cody in a 20 minute draw, and defeated Jimmy Havoc. Meanwhile Gable is just Shorty Gable. Yikes......

Well, that's all for my ranting. Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by TooCool; October 13th, 2019 at 04:25 PM.

Rink Dawg

Do or Do Not!
    Images
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    955 Post(s)

I am all in on Shorty Gable mania! Join me Mel.

I am the Monkey King, I can do Anything.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1096 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post

You compare that to Darby Allin over on AEW. He's short too. But guess what? Jim Ross describes what kind of fighter he is and just how freaking tough he is. He gets over based on the fact that he's gritty and won't back down despite his size. AEW doesn't poke fun at his height and put him down intentionally. Now Darby Allin looks like a legit contender as he faces Jericho for the AEW Title on Wednesday. This is all because he went toe-to-toe with Cody in a 20 minute draw, and defeated Jimmy Havoc. Meanwhile Gable is just Shorty Gable. Yikes......
    On point with Allin. And that skateboarding down the ramp was pretty cool. He's not going to beat Jericho Wednesday but I bet he is pretty darn entertaining trying.

I went by Hot Topic at the mall this weekend and was oh so close, but $30 for an AEW shirt.....man I just can't spend the dough yet.

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    800 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out how a guy being billed as straight edge is called Darby Allin.