All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    869 Post(s)

Fastlane quick predictions:

6 Man Title Match: Styles wins. There's no other way around it. I can see Zayn real close to winning but Owens stopping him in a reversal of Tuesday night, setting up their feud for Wrestlemania. Cena: not sure but if he's going to have any kind of match at Wrestlemania they better start setting it up soon. Other guys really just seem to be throwaways in this one.

Rusev/Nakamura: Nakamura obviously. Hopefully Rusev gets any kind of offense in, and hopefully the crowd is solidly behind him. At the very least, after Rusev loses let him get up and squash Nakamura with a roundhouse kick before leaving (probably won't happen)

Bobby Roode/Randy Orton: I'll say Roode to keep his credibility going, but no idea where Orton goes from here if he loses. I couldn't remember of Jinder was in this as a triple threat match, which shows how much I care about this feud.

Flair/Riott: Flair. She needs to win going into Wrestlemania. Post-match, Asuke makes a surprise appearance and challenges Flair at Wrestlemania.

Usos/New Day: I'll say the Bludgeon Brothers show up and beat the hell out of all of them causing a no contest.

Lynch & Naomi/Carmella & Natalya: I love Lynch but honestly don't care at all about this match. So fine I'll say Carmella and Natalya find a way to cheat and win.

One other thought I was having unrelate to smackdown. Strowman really has no program going into wrestlemania yet after squashing Elias. His working with Bliss has been so good. Asuke challenges flair(see above), and set up Bliss/Jax at Wrestlemania. Get Strowman involved continually coming to her aid, saving her from numerous Jax beatdowns and letting her keep the title at Wrestlemania. Until it turns out she was toying with him the entire time just to help keep the belt, and breaks his heart. Cue Jax finally then winning the title. Yes, genius.
    Last edited by ucsdguy1; March 9th, 2018 at 09:22 AM.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3378 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    Fastlane quick predictions:

6 Man Title Match: Styles wins. There's no other way around it. I can see Zayn real close to winning but Owens stopping him in a reversal of Tuesday night, setting up their feud for Wrestlemania. Cena: not sure but if he's going to have any kind of match at Wrestlemania they better start setting it up soon. Other guys really just seem to be throwaways in this one.

Rusev/Nakamura: Nakamura obviously. Hopefully Rusev gets any kind of offense in, and hopefully the crowd is solidly behind him. At the very least, after Rusev loses let him get up and squash Nakamura with a roundhouse kick before leaving (probably won't happen)

Bobby Roode/Randy Orton: I'll say Roode to keep his credibility going, but no idea where Orton goes from here if he loses. I couldn't remember of Jinder was in this as a triple threat match, which shows how much I care about this feud.

Flair/Riott: Flair. She needs to win going into Wrestlemania. Post-match, Asuke makes a surprise appearance and challenges Flair at Wrestlemania.

Usos/New Day: I'll say the Bludgeon Brothers show up and beat the hell out of all of them causing a no contest.

Lynch & Naomi/Carmella & Natalya: I love Lynch but honestly don't care at all about this match. So fine I'll say Carmella and Natalya find a way to cheat and win.

One other thought I was having unrelate to smackdown. Strowman really has no program going into wrestlemania yet after squashing Elias. His working with Bliss has been so good. Asuke challenges flair(see above), and set up Bliss/Jax at Wrestlemania. Get Strowman involved continually coming to her aid, saving her from numerous Jax beatdowns and letting her keep the title at Wrestlemania. Until it turns out she was toying with him the entire time just to help keep the belt, and breaks his heart. Cue Jax finally then winning the title. Yes, genius.
    Spot on predictions. By spot on I mean I agree with them lol.

- The more I think about how they booked Sami Zayn on Smackdown, the more I feel like they made him look dumb. Cena is facing Undertaker anyway so he doesn't need to win here. Also, Cena is leaving again after Mania so it makes zero sense to give him the WWE Championship at this point.

- There is no way Nakamura loses here (not that I want him to). He's the #1 contender so he'll win. It's a shame that Rusev will once again lose though.

- Roode/Orton ... hmmm I don't care who wins this one. I guess it would kind of be nice to see Orton with the US Title for the 1st time. I do wish Roode and Orton were both heels though. I find Roode as a face pretty boring unfortunately, just like I always did with Orton.

- No way Ruby Riott wins here. I like your idea with Asuka making a surprise appearance to challenge Charlotte for the Women's Title. It would be fun to see Asuka attack Charlotte here to make her "challenge" official. Then have Carmella try to cash it in only for her to change her mind or something at the thought of facing Asuka.

- Usos/New Day.. meh. I'm sure we'll see a really fun match here if they get 20 minutes. But I want to see another team hold the belts for once. Give it to Benjamin and Gable already or the Fashion Police. I again love your idea of the Bludgeon Brothers destroying everyone. Enough of having them destroy jobbers and then also not showing up on Smackdown.

- Women's Tag Match.. yeah this is a filler. Carmella should win here though since she's Miss Money in the Bank and she always loses.

- And let me guess, they'll throw together another pre-show match with Zack Ryder, Tye Dillinger, or something pointless.

What worries me is that according to the dirt sheets, they have nothing planned for Braun Strowman, The Bar, and even Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens for Mania. They might all just be thrown together in the Battle Royal... yikes.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    869 Post(s)

Interesting idea with Carmella. Doesn’t her money in the bank case have to run out at some point?

I can’t imagine not getting zayn and Owens in a match at wrestlemania. Of course they also could use a 20-30 minute match. Problem with WM, there are so many potential matches no one may get the time they deserve. Styles/Nakamura deserves a long match too. But thank god rousey/angle and hhh/Stephanie will get a showcase (blah)

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    869 Post(s)

Well my Asuke/Flair, Bludgeon Brothers, and Nakamura predictions were pretty spot on.

Quick thoughts:

Rusev/Nakamura: not as big of a squash as I expected, I guess? Rusev got in some offense, and Nakamura sold that machka kick very well. It's just a shame to build up Shinsuke's credibility they had to destroy Rusev's. I also still hate them painting Aiden and he as super villains. The crowd is singing along with Aiden, and he insults why anyone would want to be in the city. Villiain tactics. Seriously just make the guy a face already! Let him eat up the crowd like they started to do months ago. But where does he possibly go from here?

Flair/Riott: pretty good match. Riott showed off some ring skills I wasn't quite sure she had. The crowd chanting "yes" the second Asuke came out was cool. Asuke not talking and pointing to the WM sign played out waaaaay better than Rousey doing it at royal rumble. What I will absolutely HATE if it comes to fruition: Charlotte/Asuke have a show stealing match at WM, both ridiculously tired and dead. And after Asuke wins, Carmella cashed in her money in the bank, pins asuke and ends her streak (please god no)

Probably a triple threat tag match at wrestlemania?

6 man match was a lot of fun. Everyone got in some big spots, fast paced and just, well fun! Not a big fan of Shane getting involved to stop Zayn and Owens. It's played out. I get that neither could win. But they easily could've had Zayn save Owens from a pin, and vice versa without Shane involved. That still would have set up a WM match. Now what, a triple threat match with Shane/Zayn/Owens at WM? Bryan involved somehow? (where the #&* was bryan anyway) Just let it be Owens v. Zayn for crying out loud.

Orton/Roode: Crowd lost interest VERY fast in this one. So....Orton/Mahal/Roode triple threat match at WM?

Seriously I think it's going to b the WM of triple threat matches...

Also, the shot of Cena sitting on the mat in dismay, pushing the camera out of his face. Nice touch. A nice swan song of him letting the new generation get over? I'm still positive he'll be at wrestlemania, but the guy isn't afraid to put others over.
    Last edited by ucsdguy1; March 12th, 2018 at 08:29 AM.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    869 Post(s)

ah once again I loved a Rusev Day chant breaking out during the women's match last night...

One other quick thought:
    Strowman entering and winning the "tag team" battle royal sure doesn't do much to give credibility to the raw tag teams does it? Do we really think he'll take on the bar by himself, or will he walk with elias......
    Last edited by ucsdguy1; March 13th, 2018 at 11:03 AM.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3378 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1
    Interesting idea with Carmella. Doesn’t her money in the bank case have to run out at some point?
    Yep. She has one full year. It'll expire on the next MITB PPV so she has until at least June.

Quick thoughts:

Rusev/Nakamura: not as big of a squash as I expected, I guess? Rusev got in some offense, and Nakamura sold that machka kick very well. It's just a shame to build up Shinsuke's credibility they had to destroy Rusev's. I also still hate them painting Aiden and he as super villains. The crowd is singing along with Aiden, and he insults why anyone would want to be in the city. Villiain tactics. Seriously just make the guy a face already! Let him eat up the crowd like they started to do months ago. But where does he possibly go from here?

Flair/Riott: pretty good match. Riott showed off some ring skills I wasn't quite sure she had. The crowd chanting "yes" the second Asuke came out was cool. Asuke not talking and pointing to the WM sign played out waaaaay better than Rousey doing it at royal rumble. What I will absolutely HATE if it comes to fruition: Charlotte/Asuke have a show stealing match at WM, both ridiculously tired and dead. And after Asuke wins, Carmella cashed in her money in the bank, pins asuke and ends her streak (please god no)

Probably a triple threat tag match at wrestlemania?

6 man match was a lot of fun. Everyone got in some big spots, fast paced and just, well fun! Not a big fan of Shane getting involved to stop Zayn and Owens. It's played out. I get that neither could win. But they easily could've had Zayn save Owens from a pin, and vice versa without Shane involved. That still would have set up a WM match. Now what, a triple threat match with Shane/Zayn/Owens at WM? Bryan involved somehow? (where the #&* was bryan anyway) Just let it be Owens v. Zayn for crying out loud.

Orton/Roode: Crowd lost interest VERY fast in this one. So....Orton/Mahal/Roode triple threat match at WM?

Seriously I think it's going to b the WM of triple threat matches...

Also, the shot of Cena sitting on the mat in dismay, pushing the camera out of his face. Nice touch. A nice swan song of him letting the new generation get over? I'm still positive he'll be at wrestlemania, but the guy isn't afraid to put others over.
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I agree with most of them.

- Loved that they gave Rusev/Nakamura ample time. Dueling Nakamura and Rusev Day chants were great. Like I mentioned before, there's no way Nakamura would lose and he didn't. At least Rusev looked good I suppose.

- I was surprised by the Ruby Riott/Charlotte match. I'm not a fan of Ruby, not even in NXT but she worked a decent match here. Again, no one expected her to win so it wasn't exciting. Asuka moving over to Smackdown was expected and is a great idea. It's also good in the long run because you want to keep Asuka away from Ronda Rousey for the time being.

- Roode/Orton was tough... they are both kind of boring as faces and working a slow match like that to start wasn't a good idea. Glad they got lots of minutes to work a match though and the finish was fun. That RKO really came out of nowhere although I expected it since Roode kept going to the turnbuckle once too many. Jinder being thrown into the Triple Threat Match is fine but they need to at least somehow make Roode a heel too.

- We've seen Usos/New Day so many times that this match was fine. I liked that they were just stealing each others moves all night long until they got destroyed. I thought those mallets were toys but it looked pretty heavy.

- Six Pack Challenge was great. Oddly enough, I think AJ Styles did the LEAST in the match. He worked most of it in the beginning after Cena gave everyone the AA, but that was about it. He took that table spot and laid there dead forever until the finish. But everyone got a chance to look good and they got their moves in. I really love Corbin's Deep Six move. It looks so damn beautiful.

ah once again I loved a Rusev Day chant breaking out during the women's match last night...

One other quick thought:
    Strowman entering and winning the "tag team" battle royal sure doesn't do much to give credibility to the raw tag teams does it? Do we really think he'll take on the bar by himself, or will he walk with elias......
    Bring back Ellsworth to be Strowman's tag partner!

But you're right.. it'll probably be Elias Sampson. I think Samoa Joe is due back soon from his injury too but would you put him win Braun? That's just overkill.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    736 Post(s)

Dear Braun Strowman,

Thanks in advance.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    869 Post(s)

Smackdown thoughts:

- Rusev fed to the slaughter again (and again on mixed match challenge)
    - Asuke/Charlotte: pretty cordial. Why have Orton cut them off?
    - Orton/Mahal/Roode: BO-RING. Roode gets his rematch, but loses cleanly to Mahal despite minor little person interference. Way to build his credibility. I think our 3 man match is all but set here..
    - Shane taking leave of absence. That is before making Zayn/Owens and getting his behind kicked. Does he make himself referee for Zayn/Owens now, or just put himself in the match? Or find himself a tag team partner (please don't just throw in Ziggler or Corbin so they have something to do). Lame. Just make it Owens v Zayn and let them put on a show.
    Last edited by ucsdguy1; March 14th, 2018 at 08:31 AM.

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    736 Post(s)

My favourite part about this article is that it's from Newsweek. I didn't know that was still a thing.

WWE Fabulous Moolah Controversy Prompts Women’s Battle Royal Name Change

Also, I copied and pasted the headline. It appears as all caps on their site, so I am duly impressed that it is technically impeccable.

As for the news itself, it's the right thing to do, and I'm a little surprised they tried to squeak it by in the first place. Only a little surprised, though.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    869 Post(s)

Rusev tweeted yesterday he realized the way to get onto the Wrestlemania card is to have a celebrity wrestle him, and asked for anyone to step forward.

Some go in on the action: https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/20...nia-not-really