<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3640 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    First off, Miz in 2020! Solid, solid promo to start off Smackdown. I mean really solid.

Owens was a bit comical as a talk show host, but what purpose is he really serving other than some tv time? And that Lynch/Charlotte "brawl" was lamest of the lame.

I am growing to really like the Iconics when they end a promo with "it will be.......iconic!" and stare off into space. It makes me chuckle. I mean zero chance they'd win a fatal four way at WM but hey it gets them some air time.

So I guess they want to squeeze juuust a bit more before announcing Kofi will face Bryan at WM. Figured another swerve was coming once Kofi beat Orton and there was still ample time left in the show. And good on them not letting him beat Bryan with some kind of rollup or other quick pin. Drag the story that not even he can overcome such odds. Next week they should (a) have a Bryan-style strike, putting an end to the show until he's allowed to compete at WM, (b) run out and attack every wrestler scheduled for a match and thus ruin the show, or (c) basically have Bryan and/or McMahon come out to promo he is still the B+ player, then have the entire roster come out, surround the ring, and demand he get his WM shot (since many were cheering him on backstage anyway).

See, writing.
    Smackdown was superb last night!

Was that The Miz's first time doing a face promo? I know he's been a face for like a few months now with Best in the World Tag Team thing, but I'm talking about an actual promo where he's by himself getting sympathy from the crowd kind of promo. It was good. If I had to nitpick it would be to maybe not involve his dad in the story... but it works nonetheless.

When Owens was a heel, it's the Kevin Owens Show. Now that he's a face, it's the KO Show? I wasn't sure what to make of it. Maybe he's suppose to be like Jerry Springer and just want his guests to fight (because they're going to do so anyway). Speaking of Owens, he's just going to be in the Battle Royal at this rate... same for guys like Ali, Andrade, R-Truth, Nakamura, Rusev, and anyone else who is never on TV.

Yea, the Iiconics are great. Good promo skills but maybe not so solid in the ring. I remember in NXT the two of them were above average as well but they're still better than the likes of Lana, Tamina, and Dana Brooke. I think that was Bayley's first ever match on Smackdown as well. =o

Now for the big storyline.. Kofi Kingston being held back. This is really great stuff and honestly, the Becky stuff lost so much steam the last 2 months that I feel the WWE Championship match HAS to main event Wrestlemania. Knowing Vince though, he'll still put Lesnar/Rollins or McIntyre/Reigns for no reason. Anyway, as for this story and how they are now mentioning the B+ player thing. It's the exact opposite of what happened to the old Daniel Bryan and it's great. So what you mentioned ucsd might just happen. Daniel Bryan did the whole occupy RAW thing during that same story right? Perhaps you do an occupy Smackdown with The New Day. But do they really want to copy and paste the same story? I like the idea of them ruining the show. At this rate, New Day has nothing to lose. Either way, you gotta put the title on Kofi at Mania. It's the right move right now and even if Kofi has a short reign, who cares? I bet everyone in the back, especially Daniel Bryan will happily lose cleanly to Kofi.

Another side note about this storyline is that it's almost a stealth racist storyline too. With Vince doing whatever it takes to make sure a black guy isn't a champ. I think even Saxton mentioned it whether it was intentional or not as he said something about guys like Kofi having to work twice as hard only to get half as far.

Quick note about that match too.. I was really surprised Kofi won everything cleanly there too, other than Rowan purposely getting himself disqualified. But that's how you put someone over.
    Last edited by TooCool; March 20th, 2019 at 12:03 PM.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1007 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    Smackdown was superb last night!

Was that The Miz's first time doing a face promo? I know he's been a face for like a few months now with Best in the World Tag Team thing, but I'm talking about an actual promo where he's by himself getting sympathy from the crowd kind of promo. It was good. If I had to nitpick it would be to maybe not involve his dad in the story... but it works nonetheless.

When Owens was a heel, it's the Kevin Owens Show. Now that he's a face, it's the KO Show? I wasn't sure what to make of it. Maybe he's suppose to be like Jerry Springer and just want his guests to fight (because they're going to do so anyway). Speaking of Owens, he's just going to be in the Battle Royal at this rate... same for guys like Ali, Andrade, R-Truth, Nakamura, Rusev, and anyone else who is never on TV.

Yea, the Iiconics are great. Good promo skills but maybe not so solid in the ring. I remember in NXT the two of them were above average as well but they're still better than the likes of Lana, Tamina, and Dana Brooke. I think that was Bayley's first ever match on Smackdown as well. =o

Now for the big storyline.. Kofi Kingston being held back. This is really great stuff and honestly, the Becky stuff lost so much steam the last 2 months that I feel the WWE Championship match HAS to main event Wrestlemania. Knowing Vince though, he'll still put Lesnar/Rollins or McIntyre/Reigns for no reason. Anyway, as for this story and how they are now mentioning the B+ player thing. It's the exact opposite of what happened to the old Daniel Bryan and it's great. So what you mentioned ucsd might just happen. Daniel Bryan did the whole occupy RAW thing during that same story right? Perhaps you do an occupy Smackdown with The New Day. But do they really want to copy and paste the same story? I like the idea of them ruining the show. At this rate, New Day has nothing to lose. Either way, you gotta put the title on Kofi at Mania. It's the right move right now and even if Kofi has a short reign, who cares? I bet everyone in the back, especially Daniel Bryan will happily lose cleanly to Kofi.

Another side note about this storyline is that it's almost a stealth racist storyline too. With Vince doing whatever it takes to make sure a black guy isn't a champ. I think even Saxton mentioned it whether it was intentional or not as he said something about guys like Kofi having to work twice as hard only to get half as far.

Quick note about that match too.. I was really surprised Kofi won everything cleanly there too, other than Rowan purposely getting himself disqualified. But that's how you put someone over.
    Miz' dad was a way to get Shane over as a heel (what better way than to go after someone's father). I also loved the fact the fact that Miz threw in Shane being just as bad as his father, and even more so the "you don't own me, and you don't own Kofi" line (part of me would've loved if Shane came out at the end to say he had to fight Bryan, only to have Miz come out and somehow will Kofi to win, but that was unnecessary). This whole story is kind of a mirror of Bryan's story, and with him as the heel it makes the reverse scenario so interesting. That makes me think another strike would be great, whether it's Kofi/New Day leading it or the rest of the roster.

No doubt Owens will be in the battle royal, which again brings me back to completely wrecking his return.

I didn't even catch the pseudo-racism in the story, good point. There was a segment wwe released from after the show yesterday. It was the New Day talking, where Big E and Woods were discussing whether they should just quit wwe and let Kofi spend time with his family. Kofi of course was the "don't let them win" voice of reason.

Oh and I 100% agree Lynch story has completely lost momentum. Fan support seems to be much more behind the Kofi story at this point. But to your point, obviously Batista/HHH will headline.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1007 Post(s)

Kona Reeves, Lost Sons of Anarchy Beards whatever they're called, bless your hearts but you're not doing a thing for me.

Fatal 5 way - that did a thing for me! Seriously just these 5 guys standing in the ring before it started already beat the WM men's battle royal. So many good spots in this match! Figured Black/Ricochet wouldn't win and hopefully they'll get some kind of time at WM (or win next week and face War Raiders at Takeover). Dream already has the North American title, so he can go ahead and fight Riddle for it. And Bay Bay can headline with Gargano. Is it two weeks from now yet?

TooCool also gets a Fatal 4 Way for the women's championship at Takeover, and will thus get both your Shirai and Sane fixes (sadly we won't get Shirai/Sane vs. Bayley/Banks as expected)