Do or Do Not!
    Images
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    955 Post(s)

Pretty good Raw last night. Loved The Fiend getting Kurt Angle. Bliss and Cross finally won a title working together. Andrade and Mysterio put on one hell of a match. The Rollins promo was a waste.

I am the Monkey King, I can do Anything.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1104 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mitchrock View Post
    Pretty good Raw last night. Loved The Fiend getting Kurt Angle. Bliss and Cross finally won a title working together. Andrade and Mysterio put on one hell of a match. The Rollins promo was a waste.
    Yeah good for Bliss/Cross, but they still have just continued to send Asuke/Sane by the wayside. I'm sure Cross will have to save Bliss time and time again, but they potentially could hold the titles for awhile and give some stability.

Oops wwe

Agreed on Rollins promo. Did nothing for me, and from the sound of it for the crowd too.

Really curious how the fiend's match will go. Will it be an immediate squash? Will Balor get any offense in (provided no demon) and how will Wyatt respond? Hopefully it's not just another wrestling match.

Sounds like they're leading into Daniel Bryan being the one with the attacks on Reigns. Was also interesting that Joe went from threatening to immediately calling for a medic and turning course. Perhaps a turn for him finally?

Did R Truth just fake deliver a baby?

Are people going to watch Goldberg/Ziggler for the "watching a car crash" aspect after the Saudi Arabia debacle? I mean it can't really be a good match right...
    Last edited by ucsdguy1; August 6th, 2019 at 01:33 PM.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3726 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    Yeah good for Bliss/Cross, but they still have just continued to send Asuke/Sane by the wayside. I'm sure Cross will have to save Bliss time and time again, but they potentially could hold the titles for awhile and give some stability.

Agreed on Rollins promo. Did nothing for me, and from the sound of it for the crowd too.

Really curious how the fiend's match will go. Will it be an immediate squash? Will Balor get any offense in (provided no demon) and how will Wyatt respond? Hopefully it's not just another wrestling match.

Sounds like they're leading into Daniel Bryan being the one with the attacks on Reigns. Was also interesting that Joe went from threatening to immediately calling for a medic and turning course. Perhaps a turn for him finally?

Did R Truth just fake deliver a baby?

Are people going to watch Goldberg/Ziggler for the "watching a car crash" aspect after the Saudi Arabia debacle? I mean it can't really be a good match right...
    Saw some RAW and Smackdown youtube clips. I'm sad that they made Kairi Sane take the fall. I think someone on Reddit mentioned that since she's been "called up" with the WWE in April, she has only been on TV a freaking total of 5 times. Unreal how WWE has ****ed up something so easily.

I'm guessing Bray Wyatt will have to squash Finn Balor in some manner. But how do you do this without making Balor look pathetic? Maybe regular Bray Wyatt from Firefly Fun House starts the match and it's pretty even? Then maybe when it looks like Balor might win, the lights go out once it comes back on, Bray is suddenly wearing that mask and wins in dominant fashion.

As for this silly storyline of who tried to kill Roman, I think the best pick should have been Luke Harper. But since Vince hates him and won't release him nor use him... that ain't going to happen.

Goldberg/Ziggler... why? No one asked for this match.. lol. Poor Ziggler. I'm trying to imagine him signing that contract extension and being told he'll have to job to Goldberg in 15 seconds. Oh well, a payday is a payday.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    802 Post(s)

Pin me, pay me.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1104 Post(s)

What an nxt ppv again. Maybe not the best ever but another solid, solid showing.

1. Swan song for Gargano. Nice standing ovation and thank you’s he got after the show went off air. Look forward to him doing nothing at the top level. Interesting that no other Undisputed members won on the night.

2. That Shirai/LeRae match. I counted 2 or 3 times I thought Io might have broken her neck. LeRae showed well kicking out many times. She’s got a road ahead of her for momentum though. Shirai played the heel role perfectly, yet didn’t even have to pull anything dirty to win.

3. I have no idea who comes after Baszler now. Can’t put another heel in Shirai against her yet. Who’s left, Belair again? When does Dakota Kai get back?

4. Dream coming out after the Mountie song was great. Bummer that dunne had to take the fall.

5. Street Profits we’re solid in their first ppv title defense. They are finding that great balance of being characters but ramping up intensity when the time comes. And did he really just try the people’s elbow?
    Last edited by ucsdguy1; August 11th, 2019 at 10:29 AM.

Do or Do Not!
    Images
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    955 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    What an nxt ppv again. Maybe not the best ever but another solid, solid showing.

1. Swan song for Gargano. Nice standing ovation and thank you’s he got after the show went off air. Look forward to him doing nothing at the top level. Interesting that no other Undisputed members won on the night.

2. That Shirai/LeRae match. I counted 2 or 3 times I thought Io might have broken her neck. LeRae showed well kicking out many times. She’s got a road ahead of her for momentum though. Shirai played the heel role perfectly, yet didn’t even have to pull anything dirty to win.

3. I have no idea who comes after Baszler now. Can’t put another heel in Shirai against her yet. Who’s left, Belair again? When does Dakota Kai get back?

4. Dream coming out after the Mountie song was great. Bummer that dunne had to take the fall.

5. Street Profits we’re solid in their first ppv title defense. They are finding that great balance of being characters but ramping up intensity when the time comes. And did he really just try the people’s elbow?
    The Baszler match was awful. The Shirai/LaRae match was a million times better. One of those two should be the next NXT champ.

Love Velveteen's entrance last night and the 3 way match was very entertaining.

I am the Monkey King, I can do Anything.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1104 Post(s)

I only watched a couple matches of Summerslam due to extreme burnout, so only a few comments on those.

1. Lesnar sold for Rollins cleanly, and sold well. Credit to him? That match was far better than I expected it to be. No gimmicks, no unseen rule breaking. Just Rollins taking a whooping and continuing to fight back.
    2. Flair/Stratus was also better than I expected. Flair can make any match exciting, it's just too bad there's overkill on her in main eventing. She going to go after Bayley now? And it's interesting this match is much later in the card than Lynch's title defenses that seem to open every pay per view.
    3. The Fiend's entrance was pulled off about as well as it could have been. Funny to see Balor look utterly scared when he's got the demon buried. Snapping Finn's neck a la Chong Li?? Wyatt is definitely not for children.
    4. Owens/McMahon: Owens is about as good a heelish babyface as there can be right now. Perfect almost using the chair until the ref noticed then low blowing shane when said ref turned to get rid of the chair. I'd say set him loose on Rollins already but they can't. Hopefully he doesn't get stuck in way too long feud with Barin Corbin or continue with Elias for long.

We've got the fiend using the mandible claw and Owens using a stunner. What year is this??

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3726 Post(s)

So I didn't resub to the Network. I know I likely missed out on another great Takeover but right now I'm just not enjoying the WWE product as a whole.

I did see Bray Wyatt's entrance and it's pretty darn awesome. It might have been one of the more well executed entrances that wasn't NXT related in quite some time. I heard they finally bought pyros back to the PPV? This is proof that AEW is on their radar whether or not they'd like to admit it.

On a side note... will Carmella ever stop looking out for Truth and just win the 24/7 title herself one of these days?
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1104 Post(s)

I ain't trying to get to staples center by 4:45 on a friday, nor do I want to pay what this probably going to cost to sit not in the upper top corner right below taylor swift's banner.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1104 Post(s)

So NXT moving to USA network in september, for a 2 hour weekly show.

Call me a pessimist but now working with an extra hour, worrying about ratings/network executives. Now it's just another main roster show that might lose it's experimentation and edge....Also, NXT is more or less a training ground for a lot of new talent. That extra exposure can't help but feel added pressure, not to mention over-exposure. Currently we can go a week or two or three without seeing certain talent. Not anymore. Not to mention it's a war with AEW they might not win...there is also waaay too much product on cable network tv. dilute, dilute.
    Last edited by ucsdguy1; August 20th, 2019 at 09:39 AM.