Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    866 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    Where the heck was Rusev? lol

Hopefully they dropped that storyline of Lana wanting Rusev to dump Aiden.
    When I saw Aiden come out with her, I felt like yup he's going to cause her to lose and that's coming. Sure seemed to drop quickly.

I don't know where Rusev was, but his tweet before the match with Billie Kay was awesome:
    #SDLive will be #RusevDay today when my beautiful wife @LanaWWE defeats the Australian lady with weird accent.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    866 Post(s)

Pete Dunne just posted this with a caption "Gonna have to win the @WWE Universal title"

I about lost it.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    866 Post(s)

Yeah that Rousey/Jax segment.....why spend so long making Nia an anti-bully face, only to just turn her into a heel bully within a week or two?

Team Melf.
    Images
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    614 Post(s)

Poor Zeda, maybe she'll be back in ten years.
    Support Be the Match through Tanner's site

http://www.bethematchfoundation.org/...&team_id=23513

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    866 Post(s)

Did Becky Lynch just make Charlotte quickly tap out?

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3376 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    Did Becky Lynch just make Charlotte quickly tap out?
    Becky/Charlotte would have been amazing if they got 10 more minutes. I'm surprised Becky got the win since she does need it badly. Unfortunately, I don't think either one will win the MITB as that honor goes to someone from RAW.

Who do you think is going in the MITB for the New Day? I'm thinking it's Big E, especially since they gave him like two wins recently. Would love it if Kofi finally got to win one... but I can see them giving Big E a singles run while Kofi and Xavier can continue tagging. Ultimately though, I see Samoa Joe winning it.

As for the Last Man Standing match, I really hope Shinsuke wins it finally but I have a feeling that AJ Styles will "out smart" him by finally wearing a cup. So when they have that double low blow again, AJ will be the one standing up at the end.

On the RAW side... I'm sad to see Sami Zayn get stuck in such a bad feud with Lashley. We all know who's winning that one.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    866 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    Becky/Charlotte would have been amazing if they got 10 more minutes. I'm surprised Becky got the win since she does need it badly. Unfortunately, I don't think either one will win the MITB as that honor goes to someone from RAW.

Who do you think is going in the MITB for the New Day? I'm thinking it's Big E, especially since they gave him like two wins recently. Would love it if Kofi finally got to win one... but I can see them giving Big E a singles run while Kofi and Xavier can continue tagging. Ultimately though, I see Samoa Joe winning it.

As for the Last Man Standing match, I really hope Shinsuke wins it finally but I have a feeling that AJ Styles will "out smart" him by finally wearing a cup. So when they have that double low blow again, AJ will be the one standing up at the end.

On the RAW side... I'm sad to see Sami Zayn get stuck in such a bad feud with Lashley. We all know who's winning that one.
    Yeah as soon as Charlotte tapped I was like, well Becky has no shot at mitb now! Charlotte did tap out pretty quick too. They need to milk these tapouts, let them struggle more before finally giving and tapping.

I think it's Big E as well for the New Day, but could easily be any of the 3. My pick to win the mitb match is the Miz. I just have this feeling he'll find a way to squeak out a win while everyone is annihilating each other. The Zayn/Lashley feud has been beyond awful.

Still not quite sure how Bayley didn't get into the women's mitb match, and whether they even still have her program with banks going anywhere. But perhaps she'll get involved somehow.
    Last edited by ucsdguy1; June 6th, 2018 at 04:27 PM.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    866 Post(s)

Okay MITB predictions. have at it:

Men's MITB Ladder Match: sticking with The Miz finding a way

Women's MITB Ladder Match: Lana (for some reason they seem to be pushing her without having her do much of anything. I don't like "Lana Day" nearly as much as Rusev day, but can see her completely overshadowing her husband in writers' minds). This pick is probably completely wrong. I should probably go with Bliss or Naomi. But if they really wanted to do something fun, have Banks win it. And down the road when she chooses to cash it in, have Bayley interfere causing her to lose her chance. Now that would get the rivalry going..

Styles/Nakamura: Nakamura (he finally has to get one over on AJ)

Elias/Rollins: Rollins (keep Rollins as the fighting champ)

Rousey/Jax: Rousey (absolutely hate how quickly they turned Jax heel. Can't help but feel they're going to give Rousey the win here, unless Jax gets herself disqualified)

Asuke/Carmella: Carmella (too soon for Carmella to drop the title. I just hope it isn't a clean win or they're really just ruining the essence of Asuke. Granted, becky, charlotte, naomi and lana surrounding and staring at Asuke after their match last night does hint one of them with the briefcase may have to challenge her. But I sense a swerve.)

Reigns/Mahal: Reigns (bathroom break)

Zayn/Lashley: Lashley (another bathroom break)

Cass/Bryan: Cass (only because Cass has to actually win something to get heat. Only other option is Bryan wins but Cass annihilates him after the fact, but I see them letting Cass get a win here to build up his character that no one cares about).

Gallows & Anderson/Bludgeon Brothers: Bludgeon Brothers (match moved to pre-show)

And while we're at it, how about Takeover predictions:
    Gargano/Ciampa: Ciampa (time for Ciampa to get one over and get some real heat)
    Black/Sullivan: Black (I see them pushing Sullivan but he's just not ready yet)
    Baszler/Cross: Baszler (Cross is psycho but really a holdover in the women's division. They're keeping the belt on Baszler)
    Undisputed/Lorcan & Birch: Undisputed (come on no way they lose this one)
    Ricochet/Velveteen Dream: Ricochet (back and forth on this one, feel though a win is a good way to get Ricochet's momentum going. This has the potential for a ridiculously good match)
    Last edited by ucsdguy1; June 13th, 2018 at 09:22 AM.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3376 Post(s)

Thanks for sharing your predictions. I actually haven't bothered to sit down to watch anything... not even Smackdown after I canceled my WWE Network last month. I still go to their Youtube page to click on a clip here and there but that's about it. (I also read the results too)

But I'll make my predictions too if you wanna read it.

Men's MITB Ladder Match: I think The Miz should definitely win this, he deserves it the most. I also couldn't help but notice that he went back to his Fauxhawk.. the same hair style he had when he won his first MITB. Maybe I'm looking too much into it. =P If Miz doesn't win it, I'd like Samoa Joe to have it. Either way, a Smackdown guy should have it because when you have AJ/Shinsuke at every show they can tease cashing it in. No point in giving it to a RAW guy when Lesnar isn't even there 99% of the time.

Women's MITB Ladder Match: It is strange that Lana is receiving quite the push but I don't see her winning it. I think RAW is getting this one and it will be Natalya. Looks like they've been doing the whole Nattie/Rousey being best friends thing. So it seems like Rousey is winning the RAW Women's Title then Nattie will turn heel and cash it in on Rousey. Or hell, maybe don't put the belt on Rousey yet but have Nattie crash the match with the contract (like Rollins did at WM and made it a Triple Threat). Make it look like Rousey was gonna win but then Nattie steals it by pinning Nia Jax.

Styles/Nakamura: I agree with you.. Shinsuke HAS to win it now right? I still think they'll repeat the double low blow spot but then AJ Styles is the only one smart enough to wear a cup this time. I hope that's not the case but I think Vince just doesn't see Nakamura as a champ. Otherwise he wouldn't have lost to Jinder twice. Hope I'm wrong though.

Elias/Rollins: I still don't think Elias is interesting as a wrestler. Great on the mic but that's about it. Dirt sheet did say some junk a few weeks ago that Rollins might be better off "chasing" Elias. So maybe Elias wins just for the hell of it and then Rollins can get his rematch.

Rousey/Jax: Yeah that Nia Jax face run was short lived. So much for her speech about bullying huh? If Ronda loses here there is no way she loses clean. And you know WWE, they'll want to slap the title on her asap for media purposes.

Asuka/Carmella: Agree with you here. On paper there's no way Asuka should lose to someone like Carmella. But this is WWE and they value people who can cut a promo like Carmella over someone like Asuka.

Reigns/Mahal: This match is going to be the main event isn't it? I'd like to see Jinder win just for ****s and giggles but we all know Roman will win here. After all, he's facing Lesnar again at Summerslam.

Zayn/Lashley: Poor Sami. Lashley is just as boring as I remembered. He really didn't need to come back but hey, I'm sure he likes the $$$.

Cass/Bryan: Unfortunately I don't see Daniel winning here. He already beat Cass cleanly and yet here we are again. So like you said, Cass is likely winning this match. In the end, it doesn't hurt Daniel anyway if he loses. But speaking of Daniel, I think WWE dropped the ball by not having him interact at all with The Miz since the Superstar shakeup. For those two to hate each other, they sure do a good job of avoiding one another for months.

Gallows & Anderson/Bludgeon Brothers: Bludgeon Brothers (match moved to pre-show). Moved to pre-show? Ugh. Either way, Goodbrothers didn't stand a chance but at least it's a new opponent instead of New Day and Usos over and over. I was hoping that if it wasn't the pre-show, someone like Sanity could cost the Bludgeon Brothers the title. But since it's on the pre-show, I guess Sanity isn't showing up yet again.

------------------------------------------------------------------

TakeOver predictions

What was HHH thinking in having a tour in Europe when there's a PPV here in the States? We're missing guys like Adam Cole and EC3 on the card because of that.

Gargano/Ciampa: Their match was already settled at the last TakeOver yet they're feuding AGAIN. I know they'll still tear the house down but I also don't think they'll be able to top their previous performance. Either way, Ciampa has to win here. No ifs ands or buts about it.

Black/Sullivan: Yep. I don't see Black losing the NXT Title so soon.

Baszler/Cross: There was a reason why they kept Nikki down in NXT right? Does she become the NXT champ? I still don't think Baszler is interesting either but WWE loves those UFC turned wrestlers. So yeah, Baszler is retaining here.

Undisputed/Lorcan & Birch: Love Oney Lorcan and Danny Birch as wrestlers but they don't have any charisma. Undisputed Era is not going to lose this one.

Ricochet/Velveteen Dream: Ricochet hurt himself at a house show in France today (or yesterday). Hopefully he's good to go for the PPV. This match will likely steal the show too so make sure to watch it! I think Ricochet is winning this one because losses don't really hurt the Velveteen Dream.

So do I re-subscribe to the WWE Network? They did send me an email telling me it's free but I'm not sure if that was the usual junk for new subscribers only. We'll see.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    866 Post(s)

funny enough, the dirt rags today said the original plan was to have a third tag team mitb ladder match. But they scrapped the idea and in turn pushed back the AoP and Sanity true debuts.

Absolutely agree on a smackdown guy having the mitb cash in due to Lesnar NEVER being around. Seriously does anyone even remember there's still a title to chase?

NXT:
    I don't know if you've seen any of the recent NXT episodes (probably not if you canceled the network), but the promos between Ciampa and Gargano have been fantastic. Between Gargano accidentally smashing his wife and her refusing to take part in what he's becoming thereafter, plus the recent bloody brawl, they've done a good job of taking this rivalry to "that next place". Ciampa though has to win.
    HHH said Ricochet tweaked his shoulder but should be fine for the ppv. Hopefully that is truth.

Also, let's not forget that on this date in 1993, this happened:

"oh my gawd, his camera exploded right on hogan's face"