All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    958 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    Angle also forgot that Asuka can choose to challenge Charlotte for the Smackdown Women's Title... So his booking of Nia Jax vs Asuka doesn't really make sense. If Nia wins, she's in the triple threat match for what? You can't put her in the Smackdown match because that wouldn't make sense (or be fair). m!
    Good point I didn't even think of that. This all assumes she's choosing to face Bliss, unless Angle just forgot to say that Nia would be in a triple threat match with whatever champion Asuke chooses to face. That's quite an omission with in and of itself doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

And speaking of which, if Asuke chooses to face Charlotte and wins, does she immediately mover over to the Smackdown brand?

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    958 Post(s)

Okay so a few thoughts on yestserday's Rusev Day

1. The crowd interrupting Shane and Daniel's opening segment with a Rusev Day chant was phenomenal, to the point Shane had to make a "noted" comment.
    2. The bouncing rusev face to each word of Aiden's lyrics on screen was a great touch.
    3. "They basically just called the entire state of Kansas stupid and the entire arena is still chanting Rusev Day. Magic." - Corey Graves

All that being said - they squashed him again. My first thought: with the slow-mo montage of Rusev working out, the insult to the state of Kansas during English's song, along with the couple times Aiden tried to distract the referee during the match makes me still believe they're trying to play him as a true heel. Not smart. Let him be a likeable villain a la jericho with comedic timing. Second thought: the crowd was fairly dead I thought for his match with Roode, seemingly due to the pacing of the match. He can do so much more. I figured they weren't going to let Roode lose the title so quickly, but after a clean pin, where do they go with Rusev now?

My wife reluctantly to agreed to watch for 10 minutes asked me "Wait all that for Rusev Day and he just lost? Does he ever win matches?" - severe face palm
    Last edited by ucsdguy1; February 7th, 2018 at 12:38 PM.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    958 Post(s)

NXT spoiler notes:

That Sanity/Undisputed Tornado 6 man tag match was once again a whole lot of fun.

So Gargano now putting his NXT career on the line for another title shot? Part of me says alrighty then he's being called up and will lose. Part of me says how can they do this without wrapping up the Ciampa angle, and as soon as his wife shows up?

Orrrr.......he wins the title and Cien is the one getting called up, thus setting up a first fued with Ciampa.
    Last edited by ucsdguy1; February 8th, 2018 at 01:03 PM.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    958 Post(s)

And now Strowman seems to be getting the "monster who's a comedic and lovable face" treatment.

RUSEV

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3513 Post(s)

I heard there were Rusev Day chants during the Sheamus match?
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    958 Post(s)

So Kurt Angle announces on Facebook Live or something last night that elimination chamber will now be 7 men and will include Balor and Rollins. I don't like this, just come out and announce it on Raw.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3513 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    So Kurt Angle announces on Facebook Live or something last night that elimination chamber will now be 7 men and will include Balor and Rollins. I don't like this, just come out and announce it on Raw.

Agreed. It's their lame way of forcing people to watch it on Facebook Live. Which is why they won't stop promoting that Mixed Matched Challenge thing. I wonder how much Facebook is paying them.

As for a 7 man chamber match... what are you going to do? Start with a Triple Threat match? They should totally put the 5th pod up on top of the Chamber.

And on a side note... dirt sheets going around yesterday that after Wrestlemania, all the PPVs are going to be dual branded thanks to slow ticket sales. I hate this idea mainly because a lot of superstars don't get TV time already. Now they'll be lucky to get a PPV match.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    958 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post

Agreed. It's their lame way of forcing people to watch it on Facebook Live. Which is why they won't stop promoting that Mixed Matched Challenge thing. I wonder how much Facebook is paying them.

As for a 7 man chamber match... what are you going to do? Start with a Triple Threat match? They should totally put the 5th pod up on top of the Chamber.

And on a side note... dirt sheets going around yesterday that after Wrestlemania, all the PPVs are going to be dual branded thanks to slow ticket sales. I hate this idea mainly because a lot of superstars don't get TV time already. Now they'll be lucky to get a PPV match.
    I haven't watched that mixed match challenge at all. I did however see a promo with Bliss and Strowman that I thought was kind of funny. But I don't want to go chase programming on facebook, let alone there's already too much programming as it is.

here it is:

Agreed on the tv time, but hell why not make the PPV's 7 or 8 hours? Ticket sales might be lagging because of (a) abundance of wrestlers, time, and (b) tickets are #%*(&#$ expensive.

I'm actually bummed I didn't get in on time for the New Japan Strong Style Evolved show in Long Beach in March (I heard it sold out in under 5 minutes - maybe pick a bigger venue guys). Apparently rey mysterio will be wrestling, and rumors of Jericho showing up. But to see Omega live would be an experience.

Team Melf.
    Images
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    629 Post(s)

I love everything Braun is doing. I love everything with Rusev Day. I Am bored with the main wrasslers though.
    Support Be the Match through Tanner's site

http://www.bethematchfoundation.org/...&team_id=23513

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    958 Post(s)

What the same heck @#$*&?

I'll play let's just see how many guys we can get into the elimination chambers for $500 Alex.

So....Ziggler comes back, half no music/half music...with no explanation really of why he walked out other than "he went on to bigger and better things", and gets a shot out of nowhere. Corbin gets a shot pretty much out of nowhere. Zayn and Owens are somehow friends again (despite the "there is no we" line), yet manage to both lose to guys they beat up doing wonders for their credibility. And Styles is nowhere to be seen. Nor is Nakamura.

Zayn/Ziggler was actually a fairly good match for a Smackdown show. But lord, why not just have mini royal rumbles instead?

Oh and apparently Rusev/Lana beat Elias/Bayley in the mixed match challenge. Some good mojo for Rusev that NOBODY SEES

Also

Last edited by ucsdguy1; February 14th, 2018 at 10:49 AM.