http://www.bethematchfoundation.org/...&team_id=23513

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1139 Post(s)

NXT Live at the Palladium was so ridiculously fun last night! I had seats 4 rows from the ring, in a section next to the ramp where wrestlers walked out.

Showed up at 6:00 for a 7:30 start time and the line was already around the block. Thing this was probably due to the large amount of GA standing tickets they sold. I am quite glad I ended up reverting to seats. I seriously doubt an event like this will ever be at a venue the size of the palladium again. Big for a concert venue, incredibly small for this type of event.

The crowd was HOT. It felt like an old school ecw crowd. The announcer guy who entered to get the crowd ready had to stop twice and recognize “damn you guys are hot tonight”. You got such a feeling as people were singing Roode’s theme music while waiting to get through security outside. Lots of pops, lots of great spur of the moment chants. A natural favorite was the whole place chanting “ten, ten” every time the ref counted from 1 to 10 if wrestlers were outside the ring, or later on for regular pin counts.

I won’t even bother going through details of each match as it would probably be 15 paragraphs. Roode vs. Ibushi was awesome, as was a 3 way championship between Samoa Joe, Nakamura and one of the Sanity guys. Asuka and Enber Moon had a tag team match between Billy Kay (or whatever her name is) and her Australian sidekick. Asuka showed a lot of funny personality in her taunting, quite funny. Also a classic “you f****d” up chant once the sidekick slapped her in the face and got a death stare, more of a “that was a no no” indication. Tye Dillinger performed like a 10.

They announced at the start cameras were filming two of the semi-final tag team tournament matches taking place, so I’m sure will see some highlights on upcoming NXT programming. And both matches were very entertaining.

William Regal made an appearance, thanking the crowd for the support and talking about how working NXT was perhaps the most satisfying thing he’s done in his career.

Overall the venue was quite intimate for a wrestling show, the crowd was fantastic, and the matches were high quality for a live show. I’m still hyped up. I wish I could post all the video and pictures I took, but I might overload the system!

Last edited by ucsdguy1; October 31st, 2016 at 01:42 PM.

Team Melf.
    Images
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    652 Post(s)

The pics aren't showing up but cool!
    Support Be the Match through Tanner's site

http://www.bethematchfoundation.org/...&team_id=23513

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1139 Post(s)

eh guess it doesn't like a link to google photos

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3778 Post(s)

Awesome! Glad you went! I know I've said that I always wanted to go to an NXT event live. By the time I looked up the tickets, it just said General Admission so I wasn't too sure about that. Funny thing about NXT is that even though it's a WWE product, it always blows RAW and Smackdown out of the water.

Kinda wished they did it at a bigger place than the Palladium. Maybe next time!
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1139 Post(s)

think I managed to get some videos up at least from my seats

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1139 Post(s)

Default WWE RAW, Smackdown, &amp; PPV Discussion Thread 2012 &amp; 2013

If you're at all interested, the two semi final tag team matches taped at the palladium are shown on the NXT episode from last night

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1139 Post(s)

Default WWE RAW, Smackdown, &amp; PPV Discussion Thread 2012 &amp; 2013

I am not down with the raw women attacking Bella on smackdown tonight. Bayley is not a heel.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3778 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    If you're at all interested, the two semi final tag team matches taped at the palladium are shown on the NXT episode from last night
    I'm a little behind on NXT but I just saw the DIY vs Authors of Pain match last night. (I'll be all caught up by Saturday for Takeover Toronto.) Great match! How was that in person? Did you see The Revival go under the ring before the match or anything like that?

The Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic this year has been handled well. I think untimely injuries really screwed up the bracket though with Aries and Itami out. I believe The Revival had someone hurt too (forgot which one), that's why they "forfeited" their match to DIY. But at the same, they did a great job in furthering their feud with DIY for the next PPV, unless they'll fight at Takeover Toronto.

I remember last year, they had teams compete in it at house shows for the earlier rounds but they didn't film it. So all we got was like a 30 second recap from a camera phone or whatever telling us who advanced. This year, I'm happy to see that they filmed it at House Shows. With two matches in San Jose and 2 in Los Angeles. What's really cool is that these matches had a PPV feel to it since it wasn't the Full Sail crowd.

And Carrlyn got front row seats for the Hollywood show. Awesome stuff. I wonder who she was sitting next to because it looked like she was explaining the matches to the two dudes on her left.

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    I am not down with the raw women attacking Bella on smackdown tonight. Bayley is not a heel.
    I'm okay with that even though it's extremely out of character. That's how Survivor Series is. They're supposed to show team unity. What is she suppose to do? Run out to the ring with Sasha, Charlotte, Nia Jax, and Alicia Fox and just sit in the corner and watch? (Though that would be funny now that I think about it).

What I especially like is that the teams are comprised of heels and faces. I remember that for a few years, it got so stale that they just went with face teams vs heel teams. The Survivor Series I remember watching growing up were teams that had to work together despite their differences with each other.

I really wonder which teams will win. Usually going by WWE logic, the Smackdown Men's Team should win because the RAW team got the upper hand before the PPV. And the RAW's Women's Team should win since Smackdown's Team got the upper hand. One thing is for sure is that Nia Jax will likely be eliminated by countout since she'll spear the random barricade for no reason. They're definitely not going to have her pinned. The same goes for Braun Strowman. They will definitely have to protect him. I can see him getting DQed when Luke Harper tries to interfere or something.

With Smackdown getting a Cruiserweight show called 205 Live on Nov 29th, all signs point to Kalisto beating The Brian Kendrick to win the Cruiserweight Title and bringing the Cruiserweight Division to Smackdown. While that's great, I think it'll hurt Smackdown to have The Miz drop the IC Title to Sami Zayn. Does RAW really need the US AND IC Title on their show? I really hope that doesn't happen. I'm holding out hope that Sami Zayn can win the IC Title but somehow gets traded to Smackdown. We'll see where they go with this. Either way, Survivor Series is actually build up well and it's been a long time since Survivor Series has meant anything.

And Undertaker coming back full time is awesome. I'm definitely going to cherish his final run.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    I'm a little behind on NXT but I just saw the DIY vs Authors of Pain match last night. (I'll be all caught up by Saturday for Takeover Toronto.) Great match! How was that in person? Did you see The Revival go under the ring before the match or anything like that?
    The match was very cool in person. We did not see the revival under the ring at all, at least from where I was sitting. When they came out it actually was on the other side of the ring from my seats, so it wasn't until they jumped around and into the crowd that we figured out what happened. I actually thought the crowd noise for that match appeared low watching it on tv. It sounded a lot louder and crazier in person.

I'm excited for the NXT ppv Saturday night in Toronto. I'm pretty sure the Authors of Pain will win the tag tournament since they seem to getting the big push. Had a fun conversation with a guy next to me at the palladium show who felt Sanity had basically taken any momentum or "heel charisma/likeability" away from the Authors, which I kind of get.

Roode/Dillinger and Nakamura/Joe should be very fun. No idea how Mickie James will look against Asuka. Oh and Revival vs. DIY 2 out of 3 falls for tag championship could be a sleeper for awesome-ness. My only problem - a severe lack of No Way Jose

I think my problem was the out of character for bayley. I get that they're trying to build up "we're raw" vs. "we're smackdown". But she looked so awkward with those leg stomps, like she literally had no idea what a heel was supposed to do in that situation.
    By the way, how freaking funny was it on Raw when Jericho stopped mid-sentence when he noticed Ellsworth? "What the hell is that?"

I've been a little on the fence with the heels and faces teaming together. I'm supposed to believe Sasha and Charlotte all of a sudden are on the same page because they want to beat Smackdown so much? I look for various instances of face/heels on the same team going at it and/or causing teams to lose to further feuds as wrestlemania.

I do like that over the past couple weeks they've been building Nia Jax as opposed to just more jobber matches. Her random spear into the railing was hilarious. Not so much a fan of her destroying Bayley on a previous Raw match (do they have any idea what to do with Bayley at this point?) for obvious fan-boy reasons. But I think Jax can be a superforce in the Chyna vein if set up right.

Undertaker was great. Old school entrance. I also enjoyed Edge again too.
    Last edited by ucsdguy1; November 17th, 2016 at 09:22 AM.