1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1139 Post(s)

I'm watching a true Vegas super fight.

Bret hart vs yokozuna wrestlemania 9.

My god it's hogan! It's hogan!

Undertaker/Giant Gonzalez and Shawn Michaels/Tatanka a solid undercard.

Editor's note: I was at caesars palace for it with my dad - bless him.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3778 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    Did you see him on Raw the following night though? He was classic both about having the pre-show match and Cena/Reigns being guys who are just given opportunity after opportunity. Very strong standing ovation from the crowd that I think even caught him off guard (until he brilliantly threw the "and you all, you don't even know who you're supposed to cheer for")

Oh and Roode's entrance + crowd reaction on Smackdown was fantastic. How long until we surely see Sammy Zayn lose to him?
    Ah, I saw Miz's promo on Youtube as I don't watch RAW. It was a good one for sure. Unfortunately now I think he's gonna defend the IC Title against Roman at No Mercy... and Roman will take it from him. =\

And as for Roode, I think they're going to give him a face run on Smackdown Live. That should be interesting. And I know you mentioned Sami Zayn but it's almost like they forgot about Mike Kanellis too now. Yikes.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1139 Post(s)

The Miz vs. Jeff Hardy is a little.....different.

Cena/Reigns interview - was this scripted, a shoot, or a bit of both?
    "It's called a promo. you're gonna have to learn to do it if you wanna be the top dog"
    "I'm working every monday, tuesday, thursday, friday, saturday while you go hang out on the today show"
    "I'm here because you can't do your job"

Or they sold it well.

Sooo over Balor/Wyatt already.

So Sasha got to hold the title for about a week. She is definitely now the one who can't defend. Bliss is so good right now.
    Last edited by ucsdguy1; August 29th, 2017 at 08:37 AM.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3778 Post(s)

The Miz vs. Jeff Hardy is a little.....different.

Cena/Reigns interview - was this scripted, a shoot, or a bit of both?
    "It's called a promo. you're gonna have to learn to do it if you wanna be the top dog"
    "I'm working every monday, tuesday, thursday, friday, saturday while you go hang out on the today show"
    "I'm here because you can't do your job"

Or they sold it well.

Sooo over Balor/Wyatt already.

So Sasha got to hold the title for about a week. She is definitely now the one who can't defend. Bliss is so good right now.
    Dirt sheets said everything Cena/Reigns said was written as planned. But they both did a really good job regardless since it felt real.

Samoa Joe apparently got hurt during a house show against Cena on Saturday, that's why he was a no-show and could be out 4-6 weeks. =x Same for Xavier Woods who also suffered a knee injury at a Smackdown House Show in a Triple Threat tag match against The Usos and Fashion Police. Damn. Sucks for both of them.

I agree, with you on Balor/Wyatt. What's the point of this feud? Regular Balor loses to Bray. But Demon Balor wins. So what now?

And the story of Sasha Banks being unable to defend her title is silly as hell. At this rate, Sasha and/or Charlotte are going to be 20 time Women's Champion before its all over. You could also see Nia Jax stabbing Alexa Bliss in the back a mile away. Does this mean Alexa turns face? I guess it would be wise to finally give Nia Jax a run with the title until Asuka shows up and defeats her.

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    810 Post(s)

Has there ever been a time where they have trashed the reputation of a wrestler on TV, and it resulted in that wrestler becoming way more popular? I can't think of any. That sounds like more of a good way to ruin someone's career.

So, for the good of Sasha, they need to switch gears.

I can't believe how they stubbornly plow ahead on Roman, although I think matching him up against Cena is hilarious. Still, they managed to ruin that already by having them team up twice. The have such a huge, easy lifeline to rehabilitate Roman right now since Rollins and Ambrose are already back together. A real reunion would likely put Roman back on track immediately and correct the damage they have done, at least it seems.

I don't pay attention that well, but am I mistaken in thinking that prior to Rollins' injury that Roman was hugely popular and not polarizing? That's how I remember it at that time, but I hadn't been watching much before that, so I'm not sure.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    Dirt sheets said everything Cena/Reigns said was written as planned. But they both did a really good job regardless since it felt real.

Samoa Joe apparently got hurt during a house show against Cena on Saturday, that's why he was a no-show and could be out 4-6 weeks. =x Same for Xavier Woods who also suffered a knee injury at a Smackdown House Show in a Triple Threat tag match against The Usos and Fashion Police. Damn. Sucks for both of them.

I agree, with you on Balor/Wyatt. What's the point of this feud? Regular Balor loses to Bray. But Demon Balor wins. So what now?

And the story of Sasha Banks being unable to defend her title is silly as hell. At this rate, Sasha and/or Charlotte are going to be 20 time Women's Champion before its all over. You could also see Nia Jax stabbing Alexa Bliss in the back a mile away. Does this mean Alexa turns face? I guess it would be wise to finally give Nia Jax a run with the title until Asuka shows up and defeats her.
    Then both Reigns and Cena pulled it off well. I don't think there was one point where Reigns legitimately forgot a line and stopped (which led right into the "it's called a promo"). But either way I like it. Especially as for a good part of the segment there was a guy holding a sign in the background that read something like "Roman's Mic Skills Need Work"

https://twitter.com/JimmyTraina/stat...52621457068034

That sucks for all those guys in tag action.

Bliss has seemingly been getting more cheers lately. I think even though a villain it's a virtue of her performing very well. You hope she at least manages to get a short run with the title (or hold onto it until No Mercy at least!). Will be interesting to see how she responds on Monday. I don't know that Jax has it at this point to take the face role.

So happy day for me, my brother in law will be out of town on the 24th and asked if I would accompany my 8 year old nephew to No Mercy, tickets already paid for. Hooray!

I need sign ideas - so far I have:
    "Don't Boo Roman"
    "You Deserve It Roman"
    "Roman + Cena: There is no heel"
    "Roman could have me if he wanted"

Those last two might need some work.

I also will most likely be sporting this unless something better comes my way:

Last edited by ucsdguy1; August 29th, 2017 at 03:09 PM.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1139 Post(s)

I dare you to watch that heavy machinery finisher from nxt Wednesday!

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3778 Post(s)

I dare you to watch that heavy machinery finisher from nxt Wednesday!
    Saw it last night. Yikes! Sucks for the guy on the bottom! They need to be really careful with that. I remember when the AOP did something like that, they threw one guy's body onto the other guy's head.

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1139 Post(s)

Really nice and touching send off for asuke on nxt tonight

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)