<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3469 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    funny enough, the dirt rags today said the original plan was to have a third tag team mitb ladder match. But they scrapped the idea and in turn pushed back the AoP and Sanity true debuts.

Absolutely agree on a smackdown guy having the mitb cash in due to Lesnar NEVER being around. Seriously does anyone even remember there's still a title to chase?

NXT:
    I don't know if you've seen any of the recent NXT episodes (probably not if you canceled the network), but the promos between Ciampa and Gargano have been fantastic. Between Gargano accidentally smashing his wife and her refusing to take part in what he's becoming thereafter, plus the recent bloody brawl, they've done a good job of taking this rivalry to "that next place". Ciampa though has to win.
    HHH said Ricochet tweaked his shoulder but should be fine for the ppv. Hopefully that is truth.

Also, let's not forget that on this date in 1993, this happened:

"oh my gawd, his camera exploded right on hogan's face"
    I haven't been keeping up with NXT. That's the only thing I know I'm missing by not having the Network. I mean I have Hulu but I hate the commercial breaks on it lol.

And that Youtube clip. Love the reaction from the crowd. Back then it was 100% real to all of them.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    759 Post(s)

I saw a meme the other day comparing Rollins' long reign as champion with Lesnar's current reign and also comparing the number of title defenses in that time. I can't find it now, but it's exactly what you'd expect.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    941 Post(s)

Match hasn’t even started yet but velveteen hogan is awesome

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    759 Post(s)

Dear Money In The Bank,

Follow that.

Sincerely,
    Takeover

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    941 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LetTigerIn View Post
    Dear Money In The Bank,

Follow that.

Sincerely,
    Takeover
    No chance

You’ve got, no chance in hell....

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3469 Post(s)

So I didn't re-sub this weekend. Read the results. Sounds like I missed a great TakeOver even though the results were 100% expected. Sometimes that's okay so long as it fits the story.

I did catch the Men's MITB match on a stream I found. That might have been the first ladder match where I don't think the crowd booed any of the contestants. Obviously Rusev and Kofi got the biggest pop. I think that's where WWE dropped the ball again. That was the kind of match Kofi needs to win just once. (Hell, I'd argue that Rusev needs it too.) But I guess Vince really don't want to make Kofi a World Champ, not even for a day. Braun absolutely does not need the contract but he won it anyway. Now he can hold it for awhile and Cole can keep screaming "Monster in the bank!!". I'm assuming he holds it until Summerslam and then make the predictable cash in on Brock during his match with Roman.

As far as the results go... I'm really surprised Alexa won the MITB and then cashed it in immediately. I'm sure they were going for a "OMG" moment but damn... Vince really likes her huh? I mean who doesn't? But I think this is 5 title reigns in the last 2-3 years. That's... ridiculous. Also, do we even want to see Alexa Bliss vs Ronda Rousey at Summerslam?

I heard the AJ Styles/Shinsuke Nakamura match was pretty good. Started slow like all Last Man Standing matches. How many low blows where there? But I just read that AJ retained and I'm sad to see Shinsuke lose yet again. Where does he go from here? Does he just feud with Jeff Hardy for the US Title? I see Samoa Joe going after AJ Styles now.

I did love how WWE re-signed James Ellsworth though. Way to go James!

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    941 Post(s)

While the crowd popped big for Ellsworth, they could've run this angle with anyone but Asuke. They've completely ruined her sense of invincibility and what a monster she could have been.

The men's mitb match was pretty darn good. Everyone got spots in, and the crowd was super into it. (pretty hot crowd for most of the night - although I only really watched the title matches and the mitb matches).

Surprised Bliss cashed in that quickly too. Figured Rousey had to had some interference so as not to take a clean loss. Rousey did pretty well in the match. She took some good bumps and still moves very fast to get into submission holds. Also figured it would've taken a bit more to pin Nia, or at least Bliss should've done something to her hurt arm to either make her tape out or unable to continue. The whole Bliss/Jax bully angle has also been rendered relatively useless. If Rousey is going after Bliss, where does Jax go from here? or they just prolong another Jax vs. Rousey to see who eventually gets a shot at Alexa. Moreover they could've gone with some new blood while still getting Bliss back into the title scene, but it is what it is.

Styles/Nakamura was a great match. Nice touch to have Nakamura beg more with "come on" and take a flying forearm off the top rope to the announcers table. But I really have no idea where Nakamura goes from here.

I didn't watch the Reigns/Mahal match, but heard there were NXT, This is Awful, Johnny Wrestling, and Let's Go Cena/Cena Sucks chants throughout. Also didn't watch Bryan/Cass, but surprised Bryan won again. Cass has no direction.

Also not cool that Paige had to post this after the event:

"To the 'fan' that decided to pie face me through my car window and then tell me to 'lose some weight Paige'.. you inspired me to keep being myself and eat whatever the f I want," she wrote. "Good luck with your karma!"

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    941 Post(s)

Also - I love the Velveteen Dream. Dressed like and doing all of Hogan's moves was classic. Ricochet's air time was substantial. Really a quality match up. I don't know if Velveteen works at the main level, but for now he's one of those guys that seems incapable of having a bad match.

Gargano/Ciampa was fairly brutal. ECW-esque to say the least (come on - "use my sign" into a stop sign?) It's too bad it only took one move (albeit onto what I think was wood after Ciampa lifted up the mat) to defeat Gargano, especially with his hands in handcuffs. But geez that one was not for kids.

oh and

Last edited by ucsdguy1; June 18th, 2018 at 12:47 PM.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    941 Post(s)

I get they want to push Ziggler/Drew. But unless they're throwing Rollins into the Universal title picture, his reign as a fighting IC champ could have gone on much, much longer. At the least lose it on a ppv.

So Bayley/Sasha feud is back on. I would say good, except for the whole let's start it, take a few months off, then continue it thing.

Strowman is now buddy buddy with Balor even though he was one of the guys who tried to gang up on him? Those Balor puppy eyes, geezus.

And looks like Extreme Rules will have mitb part 2, without the ladder and briefcase, as a Raw main event. Rousey gets a month off apparently. I assume that let's Bliss have a quick feud with Jax, cheat to beat her, and retain until Rousey comes back.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3469 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    I get they want to push Ziggler/Drew. But unless they're throwing Rollins into the Universal title picture, his reign as a fighting IC champ could have gone on much, much longer. At the least lose it on a ppv.

So Bayley/Sasha feud is back on. I would say good, except for the whole let's start it, take a few months off, then continue it thing.

Strowman is now buddy buddy with Balor even though he was one of the guys who tried to gang up on him? Those Balor puppy eyes, geezus.

And looks like Extreme Rules will have mitb part 2, without the ladder and briefcase, as a Raw main event. Rousey gets a month off apparently. I assume that let's Bliss have a quick feud with Jax, cheat to beat her, and retain until Rousey comes back.
    I watched the Dolph/Seth and Ronda/Alexa segment on Youtube. Both were actually pretty entertaining.

So why is Ronda gone for 30 days? She needs to film a movie or something? This conveniently keeps her off of Extreme Rules though so her next "big" match is at Summerslam. But either way, loved that Stone Cold like persona. Kurt Angle sold the take down well. I also liked the relentless briefcase attacks on Alexa and Kurt. Hell, she even beat up the refs. The crowd was super hot for it so that's a good sign.

As for Ziggler winning the IC Title, that's great for him. I think it's only a matter of time until Drew McIntyre turns on him for a singles run. For now though, it's a good pair. After the B Team loses to Bray/Matt, I think Ziggler/McIntyre should win the Tag Titles as well. Make them look dominant for awhile longer.

Balor, Zayn, and even Owens needs to be booked better on RAW. What they're doing to all 3 of them is a crime.

On the Smackdown side, we're supposedly getting Sanity vs The Usos. Hopefully the crowd reacts well to Sanity.

Rink Dawg