Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 1680
    <3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3634 Post(s)

Man I am bummed about Ciampa's injury. One of the best heels in the business only for the injury bug to hit him yet again. Unfortunately, this is the kind of thing that makes Vince not want to push when they return. Just look at Ziggler and Balor as huge examples.

I missed Smackdown last night because of the stupid boring Kings game at Staples. Couldn't get rid of my tickets and didn't want to eat it either.. (first world problems!) I did catch those clips on Youtube to catch up. I really liked the whole R-Truth Open Challenge thing because of his childhood hero, John Cena. I was half thinking that maybe he did that until Wrestlemania and his opponent was John Cena or something. But since he's seen as comic relief, I guess having him defend it in a Triple Threat last week and Fatal Four Way last night made it fun. I'm happy that Samoa Joe finally got a singles title on the main roster. How long has he been with RAW/Smackdown? Insane how Vince let him go that long without a title.

I liked the Tag Team bit on Smackdown with the Hardy Boyz helping Aleister Black and Ricochet. It does make me sad to see Rusev and Nakamura as an afterthought now, but it's still a crap ton of talent when you include them with The Bar, New Day, and The Usos.

I can see your issue with Mandy Rose winning in 45 seconds. That's just your typical WWE way of making it seem like she is a legit contender and that she's ready for Asuka. I honestly don't see her winning the title at Fastlane so don't worry.

Is Owens going to use the Stunner as a finisher from now on? I kind of like it. I think what needs to happen at Fastlane is to have Owens come close to beating Daniel Bryan and then he fights off Rowan, only for Harper to help Daniel win. At least that way you can have Mustafa Ali and Owens vs Harper and Rowan or something.. and allow Kofi to get Daniel Bryan 1 on 1 at Wrestlemania. (Or have Big E and Xavier Woods fight Harper and Rowan)

But yeah... again with Ciampa. Really sucks. I'm not sure if he relinquishes the title next week since they already taped a few episodes 1-2 weeks ago. They could always add something at the performance center and edit it in.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    774 Post(s)

Ouch. Best wishes to Ciampa.

I pick Sami Zayn to cost KO the match at Fastlane.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1006 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LetTigerIn View Post
    Ouch. Best wishes to Ciampa.

I pick Sami Zayn to cost KO the match at Fastlane.
    Not so much.

Of course it was a great match, notwithstanding the constant "we want kofi" chants from the crowd. This of course sets up perfectly for Kofi vs. Bryan at Wrestlemania, but did not do much in the ways of Owens and Ali's returns.

I'll save my thoughts for what they've done (or NOT done with Lynch), but honestly right now Kofi is more "the man".
    Last edited by ucsdguy1; March 11th, 2019 at 01:48 PM.

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    774 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    Not so much.

Of course it was a great match, notwithstanding the constant "we want kofi" chants from the crowd. This of course sets up perfectly for Kofi vs. Bryan at Wrestlemania, but did not do much in the ways of Owens and Ali's returns.

I'll save my thoughts for what they've done (or NOT done with Lynch), but honestly right now Kofi is more "the man".

Yeah, was pretty obvious when they put Ali in the match what was going to happen.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1006 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LetTigerIn View Post
    Yeah, was pretty obvious when they put Ali in the match what was going to happen.
    Yeah...as soon as he walked out in his Jericho light up jacket I figured he was taking the pin.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1006 Post(s)

Obviously Kofi's going to end up facing Bryan at Wrestlemania. The thing with Vince is so strange though. Vince just doesn't seem to have the energy or vocal range to pull of the "i'm the a-hole boss" thing. I thought each New Day member gave much better promos than vince did. The 27 man gauntlet match next week, I mean Kofi has to win it right? Or he can't push through it, gets pinned and Vince screws him just a bit more before making the match.

I actually loved New Day coming out and beating the crap out of all tag teams in the match last night. They should just come out and start beating up every wrestler in every match until he gets the match!

Good to see Lynch finally throw away the crutch (I mean Wrestlemania is like 4 weeks away), but I'm soooooo bored with Charlotte, and frankly Lynch hasn't really done much of anything other than saying "I'm in your heads" and "WM needs the man".

More and more matches added [cough :: Styles/Orton:: cought ::Batista/HHH::]. Wrestlemania going to be 7.5 hours.

It's
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    129 Post(s)

Did Vince call Xavier and Big E "The Young Bucks"?

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3634 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    Obviously Kofi's going to end up facing Bryan at Wrestlemania. The thing with Vince is so strange though. Vince just doesn't seem to have the energy or vocal range to pull of the "i'm the a-hole boss" thing. I thought each New Day member gave much better promos than vince did. The 27 man gauntlet match next week, I mean Kofi has to win it right? Or he can't push through it, gets pinned and Vince screws him just a bit more before making the match.

I actually loved New Day coming out and beating the crap out of all tag teams in the match last night. They should just come out and start beating up every wrestler in every match until he gets the match!

Good to see Lynch finally throw away the crutch (I mean Wrestlemania is like 4 weeks away), but I'm soooooo bored with Charlotte, and frankly Lynch hasn't really done much of anything other than saying "I'm in your heads" and "WM needs the man".

More and more matches added [cough :: Styles/Orton:: cought ::Batista/HHH::]. Wrestlemania going to be 7.5 hours.
    There's just too many matches we don't exactly need at WM but Vince is sure as hell going to cram everything there.

1) WWE Title - Daniel Bryan vs Kofi Kingston
    2) Universal Title - Brock Lesnar vs Seth Rollins
    3) RAW Women's Title - Ronda Rousey vs Becky Lynch vs Charlotte Flair
    4) Smackdown Women's Title - Asuka vs Lacey Evans (most likely)
    5) Smackdown Tag Titles - Usos vs Hardy Boyz (and maybe other tag teams)
    6) Raw Tag Titles - Revival vs Ricochet & Black (and maybe other tag teams lol)
    7) Women Tag Titles - Sasha Banks/Bayley vs Nia/Tamina vs Beth Phoenix/Natalya or Sasha/Bayley vs Trish/Lita
    8) US Title - Samoa Joe vs ____ (do you really throw Rey and Andrade in this match again or give them a singles match?)
    9) IC Title - Bobby Lashley vs Finn Balor (don't see any other opponents for Lashley at this time)
    10) Cruiserweight Title - Buddy Murphy vs Cedric Alexander or Tony Nese
    11) No Holds Barred Match: HHH vs Batista
    12) Kurt Angle vs John Cena
    13) Shane McMahon vs The Miz
    14) AJ Styles vs Randy Orton
    15) Roman Reigns vs Drew McIntyre

Then finally, to get everyone on the card...

16) Men's Battle Royal
    17) Women's Battle Royal
    Alexa Bliss is the host of Wrestlemania because she needs something to do while injured.

So yeah...... that's TOO MUCH.

As for some quick Smackdown thoughts. I liked that Becky threw away that crutch. Enough of the injured babyface angle. She needs to go into Mania at 100% and just win. I also agree with you about Vince. You can tell his age is really showing now and he's not the a-hole he needs to be. If anything he just looks like a deranged white man who doesn't want to come out and say, "Look. You know why I don't want you in that match Kofi? I don't want a black person winning the WWE Title and that's final!" Also, the AJ Styles/Randy Orton promo actually got me pumped for their match. Lots of truths to their burns so that's always fun.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1006 Post(s)

waaaay too much.

So Gargano/Ciampa - how they ended the post-match between them and ricochet/black (great match by the way) would've set up a perfect final match at takeover. Just too bad about the injury..

I read a spoiler for upcoming tapings that will explain how hhh handles and what will happen at takeover. Won't reveal just in case, but yeah sucks man.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1006 Post(s)

First off, Miz in 2020! Solid, solid promo to start off Smackdown. I mean really solid.

Owens was a bit comical as a talk show host, but what purpose is he really serving other than some tv time? And that Lynch/Charlotte "brawl" was lamest of the lame.

I am growing to really like the Iconics when they end a promo with "it will be.......iconic!" and stare off into space. It makes me chuckle. I mean zero chance they'd win a fatal four way at WM but hey it gets them some air time.

So I guess they want to squeeze juuust a bit more before announcing Kofi will face Bryan at WM. Figured another swerve was coming once Kofi beat Orton and there was still ample time left in the show. And good on them not letting him beat Bryan with some kind of rollup or other quick pin. Drag the story that not even he can overcome such odds. Next week they should (a) have a Bryan-style strike, putting an end to the show until he's allowed to compete at WM, (b) run out and attack every wrestler scheduled for a match and thus ruin the show, or (c) basically have Bryan and/or McMahon come out to promo he is still the B+ player, then have the entire roster come out, surround the ring, and demand he get his WM shot (since many were cheering him on backstage anyway).

See, writing.
    Last edited by ucsdguy1; Today at 07:58 AM.