Thread: WWE RAW, Smackdown, & PPV Discussion Thread 2012 & 2013

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1139 Post(s)

I have so many thoughts after watching all of wrestlemania this weekend. Quick takeaways from tonight in addition to the above:

- Really is a shame there were no fans there for this. I think a hot live crowd would've absolutely eaten up the Otis/Mandy finish, as well as Drew winning the title.

- I still don't like the Ripley and Baszler finishes. They spent a lot of time in NXT building up Ripley as a bada**, and she finally is the one who dethrones Baszler (who is also diminished by the loss to Lynch). And then yeah lose to Flair. I'm sure they want Flair on NXT for the name power and hopefully ratings, but again it's at the detriment of storytelling with other performers.

- Very happy for McIntyre. The match was a bit too short for me. Could've had some back and forth before they jumped in to the multiple finishers to build the drama. But hey good on you scottish man. So wish he had fans to celebrate with.

- Cena/Wyatt: what the **** did I just watch. The fiend made some good points and proudly destroyed the myth of john cena (he really is a bully!). This was just so so out there. Between this and the Undertaker match should everyone be singing the praises of matt hardy?

There were some very decent matches over the two days. Just too much to think about.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3778 Post(s)

Sorry ucsd, I didn't bother with WM. Saw some clips on Reddit and all I can say is I was not a fan of the Boneyard and Firefly Funhouse "match". Also sad to see that both main titles were as dumb as advertised (by dumb, I mean like 2-3 minutes long at best). That's not how world title matches should be done.

And now Vince has let a bunch of people go, maybe more to come.

WWE has come to terms on the release of Drake Maverick (James Curtin), Curt Hawkins (Brian Myers), Karl Anderson (Chad Allegra), Luke Gallows (Drew Hankinson), Heath Slater (Heath Miller), Eric Young (Jeremy Fritz), EC3 (Michael Hutter) and Lio Rush (Lionel Green). We wish them all the best in their future endeavors.

These are the following producers that got let go as well... Dave "Fit" Finlay, Mike "IRS" Rotunda, Shane "Hurricane" Helms, Lance Storm, Billy Kidman, Pat Buck, Shawn Daivari, Scott Armstrong, and Sarah Stock.

Obviously I would love to see some of those wrestlers in AEW but even now is obviously not the time for Tony Khan to take on any more contracts when no one is making money.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3778 Post(s)

More names on the list... :(

Kurt Angle, Zack Ryder, Rowan, Sarah Logan, Mike Kanellis, Maria Kanellis, Aiden English, Primo, Epico, No Way Jose, and even the ref Mike Chioda
    Last edited by TooCool; April 15th, 2020 at 12:38 PM.

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1139 Post(s)

Rusev was released on rusev day!!

miro
    @rusevbul
    thank you all, rusev out!

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3778 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    Rusev was released on rusev day!!
    Damn, releasing someone on Rusev Day isn't cool.

In all seriousness though, Rusev wanted out anyway right? I think Lana signed a 3 or 5 year extension a few months back but Rusev wouldn't sign one. Think he wanted to leave like Dash and Dawson did. But he did a lot for the freaking company...

Like allowing Lashley to make out with his wife and even paid $25k out of his own pockets for the production crew.

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1139 Post(s)

Asuke's MITB win would be so much better if she had never lost to Lynch..

5/1 odds on whether (a) Otis gives his briefcase to Mandy and let's her cash it in, because it's wwe and stranger things have been allowed, or (b) Otis cashes in but Tucker screws him.

I watched the whole MITB men/women's match and thought it was an epic waste of time. I think I'm getting older and cranky since the reviews I've seen online have been pretty positive. Even though they're going Hollywood-ish with the theatrics, it seemed more like a 30 minute three stooges episode. I enjoyed that AEW match all over the Jacksonville stadium last week much more.

And it's really too bad McIntyre is doing all this without a crowd to cheer him on.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3778 Post(s)

Damn... it's been like 2 months of empty arena shows huh? Time moves kinda fast.

Been watching a few clips here and there on Reddit. This random basketball game between the Viking Raiders and Street Profits was both stupid and funny. https://streamable.com/ndxqpi

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    Asuke's MITB win would be so much better if she had never lost to Lynch..
    Well that escalated quickly.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1139 Post(s)

oh steve