Team LGK
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    675 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cross Traffic View Post
    For all the crap baseball gets for having older viewers, WWE is right there with them, the median age of a pro wrestling viewer is 54!

http://deadspin.com/study-the-median...arl-1795864450

Which makes no sense considering how PG the product has been for years.

Yes! I am under the median! Whoo!

It's
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    105 Post(s)

And I turn 54 in October.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3055 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cross Traffic View Post
    For all the crap baseball gets for having older viewers, WWE is right there with them, the median age of a pro wrestling viewer is 54!

http://deadspin.com/study-the-median...arl-1795864450

Which makes no sense considering how PG the product has been for years.
    Bizarre. If you go to a live event... especially house shows parents tend to bring their kids. That's why there are so many Cena and Reigns fans. Then the PPV audience generally have more adults but I'd say they are typically from 20-40.

But hey, at the same time.. many of us who watched it as kids will watch it to this day. Wrestling fans for life!
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    675 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    Bizarre. If you go to a live event... especially house shows parents tend to bring their kids. That's why there are so many Cena and Reigns fans. Then the PPV audience generally have more adults but I'd say they are typically from 20-40.

But hey, at the same time.. many of us who watched it as kids will watch it to this day. Wrestling fans for life!

You also have to take into account that the average age of cable television viewers is rising on the whole. Younger viewers tend to get their content through other sources.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3055 Post(s)

Really fun MITB PPV last night.

Women's MITB - Not surprised that they didn't take more bumps. While it was history in the making, I thought it was fairly tame, just like when Charlotte and Sasha fought in that Hell in a Cell match. Most of the "bumps" just consisted of them getting pushed off the ladder and then they hit the ropes. Even Charlotte didn't do a moonsault off the ladder.. kind of a bummer. Ellsworth grabbing that briefcase and dropping it perfectly into Carmella's hands was great though. I'm happy that Carmella won since the MITB is the only way certain wrestlers can win the title. Becky and Charlotte will always get their opportunities. Natalya and Tamina, maybe not so much but Carmella is the better option anyway.

New Day vs The Usos for the Smackdown Tag Titles - Wow, this was a fun match too. Huge props to Big E for catching one of the Usos when he jumped from the top rope. If it weren't for Big E's strength, I think any other wrestler might drop him on his head. Unfortunately we kind of got a cheap finish with The Usos getting themselves counted out because the knew they couldn't win.

Naomi vs Lana for the Smackdown Women's Championship - For Lana's "1st match", not bad. She looked a little awkward and maybe yelled a little too much. But it was passable I suppose. Carmella already teasing a cash in was great too.

Mike & Maria Kanellis debut - So this is Mike Bennett from TNA. I don't watch TNA so I don't know how good he is. He looks like mid-card talent to me though. I'm also not sure I care about their lovey dovey gimmick. We already got that with Miz and Maryse.

Randy Orton vs Jinder Mahal for the WWE Title - Well, it was given that Orton was going to lose since they brought up the fact that it was in his hometown only like a hundred times. I'm not of fan of Jinder taking that RKO and landing on his knees though. It looked ugly. Orton killing the Singh brothers is always hilarious to see. I'm also not a fan of them repeating the exact same finish like at Backlash.. when Orton kills the Singh brothers and Jinder beats Orton with his finisher. Please be more creative. Now it looks like Jinder's next opponent will be John Cena (unless he goes to RAW since he's a "free agent").

Men's MITB - Corbin assaulting Nakamura during his entrance was brilliant because it even made me go, "Damn it Corbin!" Everyone wants to see Shinsuke's entrance and Baron Corbin ruined it. I liked how he said on Talking Smack after that he didn't want to wait 3-4 minutes for Shinsuke to do his super long entrance. Anyway, this match was lots of fun. Sami Zayn got in a lot of offense and Kevin Owens took the biggest bumps. Shinsuke coming back out after 75% of the match was worked was good too. I wonder why they went with this angle. Is it because Nakamura has never worked a ladder match like this and isn't used to the bumps? I think he only took one bump off the ladder and that was at the end, when Corbin shoved both him and AJ Styles off. There's no way Corbin will cash in the MITB contract on Jinder though, so he'll be holding it for awhile I'm sure.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    675 Post(s)

They should change the ruling so that Ellsworth is the one with the Women's MITB case.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    647 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LetTigerIn View Post
    They should change the ruling so that Ellsworth is the one with the Women's MITB case.
    Don't be too sure they won't tonight...

I didn't see the ppv but good review above. At least some new blood with carmella and corbin, despite my yearning for Zayn or Nakamura.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    647 Post(s)

Or Tuesday

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    647 Post(s)

nice execution to end raw...

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    647 Post(s)

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/201...uenigault-belt

Love a story like this.

And

Charlie Guenigault was off duty, just enjoying a night out with his friends, when knife-wielding terrorists attacked London Bridge. Wearing his Sami Zayn T-shirt, he leapt into action, confronted the armed attackers with just his bare hands. The price he paid for his bravery was numerous stab wounds that required the removal of his spleen.