Thread: WWE RAW, Smackdown, & PPV Discussion Thread 2012 & 2013

It's
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    107 Post(s)

Saturday August 19 at Sports Authentics at the Puente Hills Mall, Rikishi will be there to sign autographs.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3108 Post(s)

So the WWE writing staff doesn't know how to book American Alpha and keep them off TV for 1-2 months. Then Chad Gable is suddenly alone on Smackdown Live (technically Jason Jordan came out once with him but quickly went to the back). And now Jason Jordan is Kurt Angle's son because why the hell not. Oh yeah, Jason is also a member of RAW and Smackdown gets nothing.

If this means a push for Jason Jordan, then great I guess. But at the same time, it took WWE a long time to rebuild the Tag Division. Now after having done so, they go right ahead and kill Enzo/Cass, American Alpha, The Vaudevillians (by releasing Simon Gotch), and Golden Truth. Alrighty then.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3108 Post(s)

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    687 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    So the WWE writing staff doesn't know how to book American Alpha and keep them off TV for 1-2 months. Then Chad Gable is suddenly alone on Smackdown Live (technically Jason Jordan came out once with him but quickly went to the back). And now Jason Jordan is Kurt Angle's son because why the hell not. Oh yeah, Jason is also a member of RAW and Smackdown gets nothing.

If this means a push for Jason Jordan, then great I guess. But at the same time, it took WWE a long time to rebuild the Tag Division. Now after having done so, they go right ahead and kill Enzo/Cass, American Alpha, The Vaudevillians (by releasing Simon Gotch), and Golden Truth. Alrighty then.
    Yeah I admit I haven't been following the news lately but watching last night....huh?

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    687 Post(s)

How far Charlotte flair has fallen?

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3108 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    How far Charlotte flair has fallen?
    I don't really see it that way to be quite honest. She has to share the spotlight with all the women on the Smackdown roster. On RAW, it was the Charlotte/Sasha show over and over. On Smackdown, they're all on "equal" footing. I guess that's why I don't mind it too much.

Meanwhile on RAW, Emma, Mickie James, and Dana Brooke are all unused. Bayley, they destroyed her credibility by having her lose in the weakest way possible. Now suddenly she has 2 wins over Alexa Bliss. I don't know what's going on there. =\

I do hate how they still can't find anything for Tye Dillinger, Aiden English, Chad Gable, Luke Harper, and Erick Rowan to do on Smackdown though. And you know who else has been lost in the mix now? Dolph Ziggler. Yikes.

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    687 Post(s)

Starting to set up the bayley/Sasha feud maybe?

Totally agree on Ziggler. I still love that guy (made more so by his appearance on @midnight a few weeks ago)

And PS - those No Mercy prices for sep 24 at staples.....if you don't want to sit upper level. Yeeesh

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    697 Post(s)

Helicopter carrying son of WWE CEO makes emergency landing

Not really a big story but just interesting to see this story pop up in the local news.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3108 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LetTigerIn View Post
    Helicopter carrying son of WWE CEO makes emergency landing

Not really a big story but just interesting to see this story pop up in the local news.
    Glad Shane O'Mac is okay.

Rink Dawg

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3108 Post(s)

Anyone watch Battleground yesterday? Unfortunately it wasn't that good of a PPV. Most of it is just to build up Summerslam and that's one of my pet peeves. Using a PPV to build up another PPV.

Preshow: Tye Dillinger vs Aiden English - They can't get on Smackdown consistently enough so once again, they're thrown in a Pre-Show match. What is this? The 3rd straight time? Tye already won the first two, so this time they gave it to Aiden. Happy to see Aiden get a "big win" and I really hope they do something with his singing gimmick. Meanwhile, Tye needs to be booked better.

New Day vs Usos - This match started the PPV and quite frankly stole the show. It's a special win for Xavier Woods specifically because this was the first time he "won" the titles by pinning someone else. Since they use that freebird rule, the majority of the time New Day wrestled and won in the past had always been Kofi and Big E wrestling. So to have Woods win it for his team was nice to see.

Shinsuke Nakamura vs Baron Corbin - Having Nakamura lose his first singles match right now is a bad idea but they also couldn't have Corbin as the MITB winner lose either. Tough match to book so they went with the cheap DQ finish with Corbin giving Nakamura a blatant low blow. I do have to say though that the Deep 6 and End of Days are such great looking moves.

Fatal 5-Way Elimination Match: Charlotte Flair, Becky Lynch, Natalya, Lana, Tamina - I really wish Carmella was in this match. I know she has the MITB Contract by why can't she have that AND try to be #1 contender? That could be a great insurance policy but instead they just left her out of it. As for the match, I liked the story telling here because Tamina kept helping Lana. It made me wonder what kind of partnership they have and why Tamina kept going out of her way to help her over and over. Becky got to eliminate both Tamina and Lana but then Natalya beat her with that ever so dangerous rollup pin. Charlotte losing surprised me a bit but it's great to see Nattie finally win a damn match. The only problem is that a Summerslam match of Natalya vs Naomi doesn't exactly sound exciting. So hopefully that is when Carmella cashes in to win the Women's Title.

US Title Match: AJ Styles vs Kevin Owens - I think you guys will agree with me here when I say that these two should not be fighting for the US Title. So the story is that Owens beat Styles by countout and doesn't want to give Styles a rematch. He made AJ styles earn the #1 contender's spot by having him beat Chad Gable AND win a Battle Royal. Then Styles wins the US title at a house show just because it was at MSG. So now it's Owens who is challenging for the US Title. So yeah... this match was pretty standard given how many times they have fought and they went with the wonky pinfall win for Owens even though Styles had the submission move on him. They just love these "controversial" finishes so that they can keep the feud going.

Flag Match: John Cena vs Rusev - I was bored during this match. So they had to take the flag (which is on top of a turnbuckle) and then carry it back to the entrance area and put the flag in the holder to win. It's one thing to do a slow climb to reach for the flag.. but when you're walking 3 times as slow to the entrance ramp, that is when it looks stupid. They made it look like walking with the flag is as hard as climbing a ladder in a ladder match. Come on now. I think the match went like 20+ minutes too, which was waaaaay too long for a boring match.

Sami Zayn vs Mike Kanellis - Mike and Maria's gimmick is fun, but I don't see how the power of love will take them anywhere. This match was way too short though but at least they gave Sami a much needed win. I don't watch TNA but I think when Mike Bennett was there, I don't think he was a main eventer either. We'll need to see more of Mike Kanellis so he can showcase his wrestling abilities moving forward.

WWE Championship Punjabi Prison Match: Jinder Mahal vs Randy Orton - Never liked this kind of match because it takes the crowd out of it. Why? Because they can't see ****! But I'll admit, I thought it had potential because The Great Khali wasn't going to be in it. That means they can work a faster pace right? Wrong. Instead, they decided to work the match in the ring as if it was an "I quit" match. They barely used the Prison as a weapon. Thankfully the action picked up when they got out of the first cage and onto the ringside area. The Singh brothers deserve so much praise for taking the bumps that they do. Then The Great Khali returns (I must have summoned him) and chokes Orton so Jinder can win again. Please, don't ever bring the Punjabi Prison Match back ever again.

Unfortunately, if the dirt sheets are true.. now Cena gets to bury Mahal so he can beat Ric Flair's record at Summerslam.

So yeah, not too good of a PPV. It's more of an extended Smackdown episode as they build for Summerslam which will be 4 hours long by the way. =x

Rink Dawg