Thread: WWE RAW, Smackdown, & PPV Discussion Thread 2012 & 2013

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3692 Post(s)

Saw the Owens clip on Youtube last night. So he states the obvious and is a major babyface for that? Good. Just let me know when the stupid Wild Card rule is done with..
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1077 Post(s)

Hard to believe there are 10 matches penned that do not include Nakamura/Balor or Iconics/Sane & Asuke. But here are some predictions anyway:

Lynch/Rollins vs Evans/Corbin – no possible way Lynch and Rollins will both lose their titles here. No chance. I’d say the only real question is whether Lesnar shows up after the match finishes.

Kingston vs Joe – Considering Joe has either not won championships or won them and subsequently lost them quickly, doesn’t seem like he’s their guy to lead Smackdown. Kofi will retain, perhaps with some outside interference.

Bayley vs Bliss vs Cross – There are multiple ways this can go which makes it interesting. A few previously discuss scenarios in my mind: (1) Banks returns to help Bayley fight off the 2 on 1 and retain, (2) Banks returns and turns on Bayley who loses the title, (3) No Banks – Cross does everything except make the pin and lets Bliss cover Bayley to prove her friendship. She can continue to be used by Alexa. (4) Cross does everything and everything and accidentally pins Bayley – perhaps she and Bayley get cold cocked and she falls on her for the pin, (5) Cross accidentally decks Bliss instead of Bayley. Bayley makes the pin and wins. I’ll go with scenario 3. They’ve been hinting at some heel stuff with Bayley. Perhaps she’ll lose, go nuts a la Io Shirai and become heel, only to have Banks return down the road to set her straight. This allows Bliss and Cross to continue their friendship storyline with whoever else comes in line.

Undertaker/Reigns vs McIntyre/Shane – Owens shows up to stun Shane and/or Miz shows up to hit Shane. UT/Reigns win. Can’t say this will be the most high flying or action packed of matches so long as UT is in the ring. All signs from the rag sheets seem to be pointing at this setting up UT vs McIntyre at Summerslam, ugh.

Bryan/Rowan vs. New Day vs. Heavy Machinery – Bryan and Rowen will retain. No sense in having them lose a triple threat, unless they just want to claim they were screwed by not getting pinned and get a re-match.

Black vs Cesaro – have to imagine Black will win his first match in the ring since all these promos started. Again hope this gets sufficient time as it could be a super fun match.

Ricochet/Styles – also interested in how they take this one. On the one hand if Ricochet really is a future top star he shouldn’t lose the title so quickly. On the other hand, Styles as a heel with the Club needs some momentum to prove credibility, especially after Ricochet ran through two of them this week. I’ll say Styles gets the win with the help of the club, Ricochet can go back to being an underdog. Or Ricochet wins only to have the club beat the holy hell out of him after.

Strowman/Lashley – not extremely interested in this one sadly. I’ll say Strowman wins.

Revival vs Usos – one of the revival made some creative critical comments again, so they’ll win to keep them happy. Should be a match capable of great storytelling.

Gulak vs. Nese – no idea nor do I know much other than the occasional pop ups on NXT. No prediction.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1077 Post(s)

and I don't have to say much other than

1. I knew it was coming but *%&#$ Lesnar is universal champ again. I think I need to take a few Raws off.

2. Good for Bayley winning cleanly, but the ending to that match really didn't accomplish anything.

3. Balor/Nakamura was on the PRE-SHOW

Do or Do Not!
    Images
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    952 Post(s)

The Fiend has arrived!

I am the Monkey King, I can do Anything.

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    795 Post(s)

A few quick side notes:

- The NJPW G1 Climax shows from the past couple of weeks, have been great, especially the Dallas show.

- More time for Cesaro v Black, please.

- Likewise, keep the Ricochet v AJ feud brewing, and grow the Club while you're at it.

- Speaking of the Club, I agree Balor v Nakamura should be on the main card, not the pre-show.

- Did it seem like there were more Superstars than usual involved on RAW last night?

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1077 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LetTigerIn View Post
    A few quick side notes:

- Did it seem like there were more Superstars than usual involved on RAW last night?
    Yes, although we're still left with a Rollins/Lesnar rematch that Rollins seemingly will lose.

The fiend was cool. Now how do they translate it ongoing and not let him die out like last time? Rag sheets saying Balor asked for two months off and will get after summerslam. This is a way to write him off. But, will the fiend be the first to beat Balor's demon? (I hope not). And what the hell was the point of Balor losing cleanly to a Joe rollup after like 14 seconds then beating the hell out of Joe anyway. Couldn't they just have had the fiend interrupt the match?

Natalya has zero percent chance at all of beating Lynch but she'll be cheered like a hero in canada.

Good thing we have a Reunion raw next week to interrupt some of the storylines for Summerslam, you know which is like just under a month a way...::cough too many ppv's too soon cough::

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1077 Post(s)

That opening "town hall" was absolutely awful. I shut Smackdown off after it.

Reading a recap, good to see some new blood get some time (Ember Moon, Liv Morgan re-branding, Ali/Shinsuke). And while the Iconics are geniuses, geezus lord what they're doing with Kairi/Asuke (can't even give them intros?).

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1077 Post(s)

shades of Bam Bam and Tazz!

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1077 Post(s)

I mean VELVETEEN/DUNNE/STRONG at Takeover.

It's
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    135 Post(s)

R.I.P. Harley Race.