Page 154 of 160 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 1595
  1. #1531
    All Star
    ucsdguy1's Avatar
    Karma: 5576739
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,884
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    961 Post(s)

    Default

    Could there have been any less of a reaction to Aiden getting "hacked"? End this already.

    Charlotte/Becky was fun. The last woman standing match should also be good, but are we inevitably setting ourselves us for a double 10 count once again? I don't see Lynch losing the title at all yet, but it saves face for Flair.

    Orton/Big Show could've been replaced by just about anything.

  2. #1532
    <3 Tanner <3
    TooCool's Avatar
    Karma: 2147483647
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    20,655
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3547 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    Could there have been any less of a reaction to Aiden getting "hacked"? End this already.

    Charlotte/Becky was fun. The last woman standing match should also be good, but are we inevitably setting ourselves us for a double 10 count once again? I don't see Lynch losing the title at all yet, but it saves face for Flair.

    Orton/Big Show could've been replaced by just about anything.
    The Aiden/Lana video had potential but they decided to go with the obvious direction. It definitely fell flat and it gives Aiden no momentum at all really. I like his shirt and stuff so you'd think they could milk that a bit by having him sing "Aiden Day" until Rusev interrupts him and says it's his day or something.

    Becky/Charlotte should be fun. I hate that they say for the first time ever, they're doing a Last Woman Standing match when Asuka and Nikki Cross had that last year! Slap in the face to the NXT brand as usual.

    Big Show showing up on Smackdown to randomly wrestle a match was weird since he belongs on Raw. But its no different than Nikki showing up on Raw without a single explanation as to why she's there since she belongs on Smackdown. So much for the brand extension though... lol

    As for the King of the Ring... err I mean "World Cup", it's a bit silly to call it the World Cup when it's nothing but Americans. I have no idea why John Cena is in it either if he's not allowed to take a bump. Is he going to do his 6 moves of doom and squash everyone just because he can?

    One quick thing about Miz TV. So apparently they're just going to end this Daniel Bryan/Miz feud for now because Daniel won with a small package. Daniel's reasoning was he was a technical wrestler and Miz wasn't. Miz's excuse is that he won at Summerslam and Hell in a Cell. Either way, he got next.. so that's fine. I liked how he insulted AJ Styles by saying since he's been WWE Champ, he hasn't main evented. That's a nice cheap way to insult someone without actually saying that Vince loves Roman Reigns.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

    LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

    Rink Dawg

  3. #1533
    All Star
    ucsdguy1's Avatar
    Karma: 5576739
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,884
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    961 Post(s)

    Default

    Uh I can tell you why Cena's in it:



    Miz' final insults to both Bryan and Styles were fantastic.

    My sister is canceling her wwe network account that I use as of Oct 21, as her 10 year old no longer has interest in wrestling.


  4. #1534
    All Star
    ucsdguy1's Avatar
    Karma: 5576739
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,884
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    961 Post(s)

    Default

    And as a follow up, NXT last night...

    That Ciampa/Velveteen opening segment was great!! (This NXT title says you're not "tough enough") And OMG what is Nikki Cross doing out here but this is awesome and I'm joinging in the "triple threat" chant. She obviously knows what everyone has been up to. When she knocked the mic out of Ciampa's hands twice, I swore he was going to spear her.

    Cole/Ricochet/Dunne was a lot of fun. Live action commentary (spoiler alert):
    Those finger breaks are brutal.
    My god top rope moonsault into a flying elbow into some other sort of mid air flip, Ricochet is a freaking live action superman.
    Dunne just hit Cole with one punch that sent him flying to the other end of the ring. Now Dunne is trying a double single leg boston crab to them both. What is happening.
    All 3 men throwing punches, it's like an old school hardcore pit in there.
    I'll take how many "whoa's" can a crowd summon in a single minute for $500 Alex.
    Black flip into a double super kick. Ricochet gonna feel that in the morning.
    Dunne can do moonsaults too??
    Top turnbuckle double hurricanrana, because of course Ricochet would do that.
    Dunne is about to break richochet's fingers and neck.
    Cole's facial expression after that 2 count is poster-worthy.
    Ricochet with a 450 that nearly landed him headfirst on the mat.
    Wow a clean finish!

    That was fun.

  5. #1535
    <3 Tanner <3
    TooCool's Avatar
    Karma: 2147483647
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    20,655
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3547 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    And as a follow up, NXT last night...

    That Ciampa/Velveteen opening segment was great!! (This NXT title says you're not "tough enough") And OMG what is Nikki Cross doing out here but this is awesome and I'm joinging in the "triple threat" chant. She obviously knows what everyone has been up to. When she knocked the mic out of Ciampa's hands twice, I swore he was going to spear her.

    Cole/Ricochet/Dunne was a lot of fun. Live action commentary (spoiler alert):
    Those finger breaks are brutal.
    My god top rope moonsault into a flying elbow into some other sort of mid air flip, Ricochet is a freaking live action superman.
    Dunne just hit Cole with one punch that sent him flying to the other end of the ring. Now Dunne is trying a double single leg boston crab to them both. What is happening.
    All 3 men throwing punches, it's like an old school hardcore pit in there.
    I'll take how many "whoa's" can a crowd summon in a single minute for $500 Alex.
    Black flip into a double super kick. Ricochet gonna feel that in the morning.
    Dunne can do moonsaults too??
    Top turnbuckle double hurricanrana, because of course Ricochet would do that.
    Dunne is about to break richochet's fingers and neck.
    Cole's facial expression after that 2 count is poster-worthy.
    Ricochet with a 450 that nearly landed him headfirst on the mat.
    Wow a clean finish!

    That was fun.
    Just caught that NXT episode this past weekend. The opening segment was great and hilarious at the same time. What's odd is that Ciampa would be the kind of guy to kick Nikki's ass for slapping away the microphone multiple times. And his entrance music was awesome! Maybe it's still new in my head but it might be the best entrance theme in NXT right now, just ahead of Ricochet, Street Profits, and Gargano.

    That was my first time actually seeing Keith Lee wrestle a match. Maybe he fought in previous episodes but I likely skipped it. He is not in the greatest shape (appearance wise) but man is he agile. He easily reminds me of Samoa Joe. As for Kona Reeves, that guy bores me. I appreciate the effort he and the NXT staff has done with his gimmick. At least he stands out a bit more compared to the last time I saw him wrestle months ago.

    The Triple Threat match was super insane as you described. They really don't hold back which is really nuts. Since we're all used to seeing RAW and Smackdown, those TV episodes are rarely worth watching and they definitely won't have 30 minute matches like that either. That is what makes NXT so great. We get 5 star caliber matches at any given time, and they're not just saved for PPVs. Also I just realized that every wrestler gets their full entrances too, which none of it being cut short or skipped completely. That's how you develop the wrestlers and how you get the audience to give them a chance.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

    LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

    Rink Dawg

  6. #1536
    All Star
    ucsdguy1's Avatar
    Karma: 5576739
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,884
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    961 Post(s)

    Default

    I'm totally bored with the Strowman/McYntire/Ziggler vs Shield angle. Let Ambrose turn already so they can feud amongst themselves, and let Drew and Dolph do their own thing. I can't believe I was happier with Kurt Angle's 10 second conga dance.

  7. #1537
    <3 Tanner <3
    TooCool's Avatar
    Karma: 2147483647
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    20,655
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3547 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    I'm totally bored with the Strowman/McYntire/Ziggler vs Shield angle. Let Ambrose turn already so they can feud amongst themselves, and let Drew and Dolph do their own thing. I can't believe I was happier with Kurt Angle's 10 second conga dance.
    I read the results and that's what I thought. Shield vs Strowman, McIntyre, and Ziggler again? Is this is 10th week in a row they've done it? Yikes. At least they finally "broke up" Strowman and the Tag Champs I guess. But the constant "teasing" of an Ambrose turn means it won't happen. Just look at Rollins and how that came out of nowhere.

    I'm excited for the Smackdown 1000th episode tonight. Not sure if anything important will come out of it other than guest appearances by Evolution (who was never on Smackdown at the time of their stable), Edge (probably?), The Rock (they haven't announced him but he really should be there), James Ellsworth (because why not), The Undertaker (finally he shows up on his brand), and the return of Rey Mysterio full time.

    Two more World Cup Qualifying matches...

    Rey Mysterio vs Shinsuke Nakamura should be fun if given 15+ minutes. No way Rey loses in his first match back so that sucks for Shinsuke.
    Rusev vs The Miz is the other match. The Miz should win this obviously with the help of Aiden English.

    Anyway, it should be fun!
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

    LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

    Rink Dawg

  8. #1538
    All Star
    ucsdguy1's Avatar
    Karma: 5576739
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,884
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    961 Post(s)

    Default

    More Truth TV.....always.


    Dance break.




    So.....was Batista drunk, nervous, amped, all of the above? Either way that promo was good but I thought went too long. Nevertheless it appears they just set up Batista vs. HHH at Wrestlemania or one of the other 19 upcoming events down the road. I didn't think there was that much of nostalgia aside from the 3 minute intro and teddy long/guerrero appearance.

    Obviously Aiden caused Rusev to lose the Miz. But he got his come-uppance, already?

    Becky with Edge, so good. They clearly set this up to paint Becky Lynch as a heel, and once again she elicits a ton more cheers. That don't hurt your neck getting out of the ring line.....savage.

    So Big Show just helped the Bar become tag champs once again. Because, huh? And the Bar again, really? Usos up next......again?

    Mysterio/Nakamura was fun but not long enough, and as you mentioned, sucks Shinsuke had to take a clean pinfall. How the star has fallen.

  9. #1539
    All Star
    ucsdguy1's Avatar
    Karma: 5576739
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,884
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    961 Post(s)

    Default

    Could be my last nxt episode for awhile :(

    War Raiders/Undisputed - once again quite a bit of fun, and could be nuts with an even longer ppv match. Figured Undisputed would find a way to retain, and good to see Bobby Fish healthy to get back into the swing of things. Undisputed actually had a fair amount of offense given the aura of the war raiders. So with Fish back, does he step back into the tag team title holders or he's just a 4th wheel until they find another title for him? And War Raiders, while fun, seem to be another pair that will get lost at the top level. This does though continue to set up Undisputed vs. Ricochet/War Raiders/hopefully Dunne at Wargames.

    You know, as brutal as Baszler can be, I kind of wish for the big NXT women's match at Evolution that had something other than Sane/Baszler. I'm just not sure it's going to be as mind blowing as some other matches could/would have been in times past. Can we find a way to get Nikki Cross, or even Belair in there? (p.s. Belair/Cross had some pretty decent chemistry, albeit it was more of a showcase for Belair). Hoping Sane and Baszler can find enough to make it exciting, I just hope it's not a long match of tapping holds of the wwe universe will lose interest quickly, especially when they aren't as familiar with the participants.

    Back on Cross, stoic Black vs. crazy Nikki is great. Oh and look at some of the reactions of the fans in the front row when the lights came back on Black was sitting in the ring (particularly a guy in a black shirt with his hands on the bannister). What a cliffhanger! But it's gotta be gargano...

    Since I have about 3 days left, I decided to watch the first episode of NXT UK. I didn't know who half the guys/ladies were, but that pop mustache mountain got was pretty nice. Pete Dunne is always Pete Dunne.
    Last edited by ucsdguy1; October 18th, 2018 at 11:52 AM.

  10. #1540
    Team LGK
    LetTigerIn's Avatar
    Karma: 1364000
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,974
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    761 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    Could be my last nxt episode for awhile :(

    War Raiders/Undisputed - once again quite a bit of fun, and could be nuts with an even longer ppv match. Figured Undisputed would find a way to retain, and good to see Bobby Fish healthy to get back into the swing of things. Undisputed actually had a fair amount of offense given the aura of the war raiders. So with Fish back, does he step back into the tag team title holders or he's just a 4th wheel until they find another title for him? And War Raiders, while fun, seem to be another pair that will get lost at the top level. This does though continue to set up Undisputed vs. Ricochet/War Raiders/hopefully Dunne at Wargames.

    You know, as brutal as Baszler can be, I kind of wish for the big NXT women's match at Evolution that had something other than Sane/Baszler. I'm just not sure it's going to be as mind blowing as some other matches could/would have been in times past. Can we find a way to get Nikki Cross, or even Belair in there? (p.s. Belair/Cross had some pretty decent chemistry, albeit it was more of a showcase for Belair). Hoping Sane and Baszler can find enough to make it exciting, I just hope it's not a long match of tapping holds of the wwe universe will lose interest quickly, especially when they aren't as familiar with the participants.

    Back on Cross, stoic Black vs. crazy Nikki is great. Oh and look at some of the reactions of the fans in the front row when the lights came back on Black was sitting in the ring (particularly a guy in a black shirt with his hands on the bannister). What a cliffhanger! But it's gotta be gargano...

    Since I have about 3 days left, I decided to watch the first episode of NXT UK. I didn't know who half the guys/ladies were, but that pop mustache mountain got was pretty nice. Pete Dunne is always Pete Dunne.

    I want Baszler and Rousey vs Bellas

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •