Thread: WWE RAW, Smackdown, & PPV Discussion Thread 2012 & 2013

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1114 Post(s)

Well Royal Rumble sunday. Frankly I've been way more entrenched in NXT and AEW. But how about some predictions:

Men's Royal Rumble: He doesn't necessarily do long matches anymore, but I'm going to go on a limb and say Lesnar outlasts everyone and wins. They can then drag on the story of him handpicking who he'll face at WM or some other crap. You just know they're itching for him to do it. Otherwise Drew McIntyre but I don't think he's built up enough for a title match at WrestleMania.

Women's Royal Rumble: I think this is still happening? They sure haven't built much up for it. I'll say Charlotte wins and goes for yet another title at WrestleMania (unless Dakota Kai wins it)

Bayley vs. Evans: I can't believe I'm saying this when it involves Bayley, but yawn. They sure seem to be prepping Evans for a bigger match with Banks, so I'll say she wins here.

Lynch vs. Asuke: as much as I'd like to see Asuke win, ain't no chance. Lynch gets revenge and beats her, and Asuke can go back to being tag team champ. Then we can all wait until Rousey returns to fight Lynch at WM right?

Wyatt vs. Daniel Bryan: Wyatt should not lose the title yet. He's got to be at WrestleMania. Yet as Bryan has already lost cleanly to him, something has to change. I would say Bryan somehow cheekily wins, or Wyatt gets DQ'd, setting up a WrestleMania re-match with some sort of stipulation. But that's a long time to prolong this feud. So let's say Wyatt wins cleanly and will go on to face Reigns at WM.

Seamus vs. Gable: I have to imagine this gets relegated to the pre-show, otherwise is just filler between other matches. I guess Seamus since he just returned.

Reigns vs. Corbin: double knockout to please just end this feud already.

I only saw two things on Raw last night, Andrade/Mysterio ladder and Rusev. Only one is worth talking about. Frankly I wish the ladder match was at the royal rumble because it was pretty darn good. They could do amazing things with a bit more time.

So what am I missing - they can't have Rusev lose yet ANOTHER match to Lashley on the pre-show can they? (let's not talk about what they've done to liv morgan).

EDIT: They've added Carrilllo/Andrade title match to the rumble card.
    Last edited by ucsdguy1; January 21st, 2020 at 03:30 PM.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3743 Post(s)

Yeah, Honestly I'm not sure if I'm going to re-sub to watch the Rumble. Tempted to since it's my favorite PPV of the year... but we'll see. I'll throw in my predictions as well for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1
    Men's Royal Rumble: He doesn't necessarily do long matches anymore, but I'm going to go on a limb and say Lesnar outlasts everyone and wins. They can then drag on the story of him handpicking who he'll face at WM or some other crap. You just know they're itching for him to do it. Otherwise Drew McIntyre but I don't think he's built up enough for a title match at WrestleMania.
    I think Lesnar is either going to get eliminated by Cain Velasquez or WWE will pull the same bush league move where Lesnar gets "injured" and sits out like 40-50 minutes of the Rumble, only to come back to win. There's no way this guy will last a whole hour actually wrestling considering he's part time. Roman Reigns winning seems like a lock since he's next in line to beat Bray Wyatt anyway. Honestly, I'd like it if an NXT superstar win like Keith Lee (but they haven't even announced any NXT guys for this match). I think from a storyline perspective, Seth Rollins winning again this year is the way to go. He's turned heel and is the Monday Night Messiah. So AOP and Buddy Murphy should help him win it.

The only thing I'm seriously interested in is whether or not Edge shows up as a surprise entrant. He's been denying it vehemently on Twitter but you know how that goes. While I'd like to see him return, I also don't because if his neck injuries are as serious as he said, why risk his life? You don't need to return to the ring *THAT* badly do you? But I guess I understand that they want to end their careers on their terms and not because of injury...

And it also wouldn't surprise me if Cena shows up for the Rumble as well. Someone on Reddit said he actually didn't wrestle for one whole calendar year. That's nuts.

Women's Royal Rumble: I think this is still happening? They sure haven't built much up for it. I'll say Charlotte wins and goes for yet another title at WrestleMania (unless Dakota Kai wins it)
    Haha I wish Dakota Kai would win it. =P I think Charlotte will win eventually but not this year. Unless Ronda Rousey makes a surprise return, I think Shayna Baszler gets the nod here since she's about to move up to the main roster. What better way to do it than have her win and challenge Becky for the title at Mania?

Bayley vs. Evans: I can't believe I'm saying this when it involves Bayley, but yawn. They sure seem to be prepping Evans for a bigger match with Banks, so I'll say she wins here.

Lynch vs. Asuke: as much as I'd like to see Asuke win, ain't no chance. Lynch gets revenge and beats her, and Asuke can go back to being tag team champ. Then we can all wait until Rousey returns to fight Lynch at WM right?
    I can't believe the crowd is actually behind Lacey Evans now. But you're right, I see Bayley losing it to Lacey. Besides, Lacey lost so many title matches against Becky last year that she needs this win. And like you said, they've been building up Sasha vs Lacey anyway.

As for Becky/Asuka, you're right. Unfortunately no chance in hell Asuka wins. This match is only set up to have Becky's "reign" come full circle. From losing to Asuka last year to winning the Rumble and becoming champion. It's only natural that she supposedly beats someone she hasn't beaten yet in a singles match. Then Becky can move on to Shayna or Ronda.

Wyatt vs. Daniel Bryan: Wyatt should not lose the title yet. He's got to be at WrestleMania. Yet as Bryan has already lost cleanly to him, something has to change. I would say Bryan somehow cheekily wins, or Wyatt gets DQ'd, setting up a WrestleMania re-match with some sort of stipulation. But that's a long time to prolong this feud. So let's say Wyatt wins cleanly and will go on to face Reigns at WM.
    I think because it's a Strap Match it's a way to have Daniel lose again. Like you said, he already lost cleanly to him so with this gimmicked match, you can say that The Fiend is just "too strong". Once again though, they're going to do the stupid red lighting aren't they? I hate that **** so much. But unless the fans crap all over the match because they can't see, I don't see it going away.

Sheamus vs. Gable: I have to imagine this gets relegated to the pre-show, otherwise is just filler between other matches. I guess Sheamus since he just returned.
    Yep. Gable or "Shorty G" (still can't believe they ****ed his character) is here to job to Sheamus. I'm sure Gable will have one or two near falls to show that an underdog has a chance, but there is 0% chance Sheamus loses in his 1st match back.

Reigns vs. Corbin: double knockout to please just end this feud already.
    The never ending feud... and I still don't see it ending. According to house show advertisements in February, they're still doing dog food gimmicked matches. *Sigh*

I only saw two things on Raw last night, Andrade/Mysterio ladder and Rusev. Only one is worth talking about. Frankly I wish the ladder match was at the royal rumble because it was pretty darn good. They could do amazing things with a bit more time.

So what am I missing - they can't have Rusev lose yet ANOTHER match to Lashley on the pre-show can they? (let's not talk about what they've done to liv morgan).

EDIT: They've added Carrilllo/Andrade title match to the rumble card.
    Man, I just don't care about the Rusev, Lashley, Lana, and Morgan storyline. They did Liv dirty by throwing her in this feud as well. As for Carrillo and Andrade, meh. No opinion there since I don't watch RAW.
    Last edited by TooCool; January 21st, 2020 at 11:30 PM.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1114 Post(s)

Great thoughts.

Can totally see Brock injured for 9/10 of the match and returning. Perhaps someone (Cain Velasquez or other) attacks him before he even gets to the ring. It would have to be a pretty brutal attack to keep Lesnar out though. l would love if Keith Lee won it but he's nowhere near a name they can yet have at WrestleMania, and he's set to go after the North American NXT title.

Rollins - I'm not sure. I was surprised they gave the tag titles to he and Murphy so quickly. The unbeatable Viking Raiders were pretty beatable huh? I really thought it should've been AOP that went after those tag titles, no? So with Rollins as tag champ I don't know if he needs to go after Wyatt just yet. But you never know..

Edge had some strong tweets yesterday not recognizing where any of his return information was coming from. You never know, but yeah I'm with you, don't risk your life.

While I'd like to see Baszler win it, and it does make sense, I'd also like her to beat down some other female wrestlers and build up her cache. The main roster crowd I don't believe still has enough knowledge of NXT to really recognize her. I guess however there is time to do that before WrestleMania, and frankly outside of Rousey there isn't really anyone big enough to face Lynch at this point other than Flair.

I don't think anyone cares about the Rusev storyline and I'm amazed it's gone on this long. I may have read yesterday that Rusev's contract is up pretty soon and this may be a swan song, which is sad. Although with Lana resigning for a number of years I can't imagine he'd want to be aware from her and go somewhere else.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1114 Post(s)

More thoughts later but thanks to wwe for making the first 30 minutes or so of the men’s rumble bo-ring and almost have me turn off the network. Hell they pretty much made Strowman and Keith lee look like utter idiots for deciding to fight each other when Lesnar is on the ground right there. Figured it would go another 5-10 guys or so but good on Drew.

EDIT: so looking back I guess they needed Lesnar to do what he did, and enrage the fans to go bananas when McIntyre eliminated him. Just bored me to that point. The rest of the men’s rumble match ended up being pretty darn good.
    Last edited by ucsdguy1; Yesterday at 10:01 PM.