All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    770 Post(s)

Quick Raw 25th anniversary thoughts:

- Did they really need 2 venues for all that?
    - Austin's stunners to Shane and Vince seemed to go in slow motion. They couldn't let him say anything?
    - 25th anniversary and no Rock?
    - Raw is still Jericho
    - I thought the Balor Club was about go heel and attack DX. It was fun to see them and DX go through the motions, but certainly didn't do much in the way of adding credibility to the revival
    - Speaking of DX and the bad guy, no Diesel?
    - The dudley boyz still got it
    - Chuckled as the the "one more match" chants interrupted the undertaker saying it was finally time to rest in peace.
    - Despite the untied turnbuckle, classy for the Miz to beat Reigns outright. This will surely set up Reigns against either Lesnar or Strowman at Wrestlemania right?
    - "Damn"

Update: sounds like the fans in the Manhattan Center (who paid a lot for tickets) weren't pleased
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-may-be-asleep
    Last edited by ucsdguy1; Yesterday at 09:17 AM.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3255 Post(s)

Loved the opening segment of RAW. The fans want to cheer Vince but he just had to go and be the heel we all know and love. That "a-hole" chant was great. Austin still gets one of the biggest pops in the business with Daniel Bryan right behind him.

Shame that Shane had to take 2 stunners. I mean seriously, you can't have Steph take one? Come on now. Vince taking one for being in his 70s is damn impressive. The kick to his gut was weak but he landed really well on the stunner. It sounds silly because we can all see the Stunners coming, yet I'm giddy with joy when it happens.

After that... RAW was RAW, which means it was a waste of time.

The only half decent match was Miz/Reigns for the IC Title. Glad Miz got the title back but unfortunately that means Roman is winning the Rumble again.

Great seeing past superstars show up although I think they could have done a better job giving a rub to the current roster. Trish Stratus, Torrie Wilson, Terri Runnels, and Kelly Kelly looked amazing.

And last of all... yeah, I was reading the tweets all night on the RAW in Manhattan Center. What a mess that was. I was wondering how they were going to do 2 shows at the same time but they got 1 minute Undertaker promo, a half assed 5 minute match from Bray Wyatt and Matt Hardy, a DX segment, and another half assed super rushed match between The Balor Club and Revival. They had two 205 Live Matches as their dark matches... definitely not worth the price of admission. I'm honestly surprised the crowd didn't just keep chanting "refund" or "bull****" during the DX segment. Tell them how you really feel!
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    770 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post

And last of all... yeah, I was reading the tweets all night on the RAW in Manhattan Center. What a mess that was. I was wondering how they were going to do 2 shows at the same time but they got 1 minute Undertaker promo, a half assed 5 minute match from Bray Wyatt and Matt Hardy, a DX segment, and another half assed super rushed match between The Balor Club and Revival. They had two 205 Live Matches as their dark matches... definitely not worth the price of admission. I'm honestly surprised the crowd didn't just keep chanting "refund" or "bull****" during the DX segment. Tell them how you really feel!
    Wait for an ECW reunion show in Philly?

So question - the winner of the royal rumble faces the champion of whatever brand they belong to? So you can have someone from Smackdown win and still set up something where Reigns gets to go after the Universal title. Then you get Nakamura winning to face Styles and we're set. And by that I mean they'll probably have Randy Orton win again.

The second stunner Shane took was nostalgic in having the beer fly everywhere. Still wish Austin would have spoken.

Hearing seats at the Manhattan Center were $500+ and up, with ringside going from $830 to upwards of $1,000. Yikes

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3255 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    So question - the winner of the royal rumble faces the champion of whatever brand they belong to? So you can have someone from Smackdown win and still set up something where Reigns gets to go after the Universal title. Then you get Nakamura winning to face Styles and we're set. And by that I mean they'll probably have Randy Orton win again.

The second stunner Shane took was nostalgic in having the beer fly everywhere. Still wish Austin would have spoken.
    During the 1st Brand Extension the winner of the Rumble can choose to go after whichever title he wanted. If I remember correctly I think Benoit was on Smackdown and then he jumped ship to RAW to challenge for the World Heavyweight Championship. Either way, they kept having drafts so if Smackdown had two world champions, the other would get shipped to RAW (and vice versa).

It sounds like this time around they haven't really said anything about the winner going after whatever title they want, so if Roman wins, he's going to have to challenge Brock by default. I think WWE should just keep the WWE Championship on Smackdown and the Universal Championship on RAW. It was confusing then RAW/Smackdown had WWE and World Heavyweight title on a yearly basis.

And to answer your question, yeah... it doesn't matter who wins the Rumble. If for example a Smackdown guy wins it, then RAW has a Elimination Chamber PPV in February anyway and they can determine the #1 contender there. And if a RAW guy wins it, Smackdown has a Fastlane PPV in Early March to determine the #1 contender as well.

And I agree with you, they should have let Austin speak on the mic. I wonder if it's because of time constraints or if they knew he wouldn't be PG. He did have a backstage interview with Mike Rome though.

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3255 Post(s)

And Enzo just got released by the WWE because some crazy chick accused him of rape back in October. Obviously, if he did rape her that's not right. But right now we live in a world of "let's just accuse people without proof because I can"... so it's a tough call.

Surprised that they released him so fast without anything going to trial.

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    770 Post(s)

Well Austin still managed to get a bunch of middle fingers in the air, however "PG" that is.

I assume WWE knew something if they outright released Enzo, but yeah in the words of ron simmons......damn

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    710 Post(s)

It looks like whether or not Enzo is guilty, Fightful.com is reporting that

… WWE were "livid" because Enzo was aware of the allegations, and didn't inform them before it broke Monday.
    Considering the other rumors surrounding Enzo, this could be just the opportune way to shed Enzo ala Mike Richards.

Later in the article, Fightful also reports on an acquaintance of the accuser, who seems to be able to refute some of the details previously provided.

What a mess.