Team LGK
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    805 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    Didn't care about TLC but I was looking on Reddit and there were some really disturbing spots with Charlotte being absolutely careless and oblivious to the fact that Kairi Sane was concussed during the match. Yikes.
    A couple of spots looked pretty brutal. I don't necessarily think Charlotte was being careless. If that were the case, she would have power bombed Kairi before fully getting her up, I think. Oblivious is probably a fair description. The power bomb, in particular, should not have happened. Becky seemed to realize that Kairi was hurt, and also looked like she brought it to the attention of one of the refs. Becky seemed to help Kairi as much as she could. Following that, the ref should have checked on Kairi and informed everyone else in the match. Becky could have done so, too, but I think moreso it's the ref's responsibility. Maybe that happened. Then, yeah, Charlotte should have been more careful. Anyway, there are lots of factors involved when dealing with something like whatever happened.

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    I didn't either, but Sane/Asuke was the way to go. I assume they're setting up Asuke/Lynch for possibly royal rumble. Remember that time Asuke made Lynch tap out? Yesterday can only build wins for Asuke to hold over her.

I want to see a highlight of Black/Murphy as the rags saying it appears Black's nose was smashed across his face. ouch.

I'm looking forward to Cole/Balor on NXT this week, even though it is guaranteed to end in a non-finish leading to a ppv match.
    Aleister may have smashed his nose on the steps taking a bump out of the ring, or Murphy may have clipped it with his boot when giving Black a face wash. Those are the most likely two possibilities that I can recall. It was bleeding pretty good but was not outrageous. Watching Kairi struggle through the end of the match was much more difficult. I hope neither of their injuries are too serious.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3743 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LetTigerIn View Post
    A couple of spots looked pretty brutal. I don't necessarily think Charlotte was being careless. If that were the case, she would have power bombed Kairi before fully getting her up, I think. Oblivious is probably a fair description. The power bomb, in particular, should not have happened. Becky seemed to realize that Kairi was hurt, and also looked like she brought it to the attention of one of the refs. Becky seemed to help Kairi as much as she could. Following that, the ref should have checked on Kairi and informed everyone else in the match. Becky could have done so, too, but I think moreso it's the ref's responsibility. Maybe that happened. Then, yeah, Charlotte should have been more careful. Anyway, there are lots of factors involved when dealing with something like whatever happened.
    Well said. I think when I made that post I was steamed because Kairi is one of my favorite wrestlers. It looks like she's okay now and looking back on it, you're absolutely right. It's weird that Becky knew and she told the ref. But for whatever god damn reason, the refs around the ring didn't think it was a good idea to inform Charlotte. It was a very bizarre situation all around and it was handled poorly.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    805 Post(s)

Well said. I think when I made that post I was steamed because Kairi is one of my favorite wrestlers. It looks like she's okay now and looking back on it, you're absolutely right. It's weird that Becky knew and she told the ref. But for whatever god damn reason, the refs around the ring didn't think it was a good idea to inform Charlotte. It was a very bizarre situation all around and it was handled poorly.
    Kairi showed a lot of heart and professionalism finishing that match, and maybe even more appearing (albeit briefly) on RAW. I hope she has a complete and speedy recovery. I wondered how she and Asuka would work as heels, and they've been great. One of the things that made watching her work the match injured even more difficult was that she lost her usual infectious energy. I'm also a fan of her and her evil glee.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1114 Post(s)

Great match from Baszler/Ripley. Ripley earned every second of it from overcoming cheap shots to not tapping out after a long period of time (hint hint becky). Baszler made her look incredibly credible. Shirai may be ready to first challenge Ripley (or soon enough) and perhaps Baszler can move and feud with Lynch towards Wrestlemania (assuming they will allow Becky to dispose of Asuke). I'm just very surprised they ended Baszler's run on the weekly show and not on a ppv..
    Last edited by ucsdguy1; December 20th, 2019 at 02:12 PM.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3743 Post(s)

Great match from Baszler/Ripley. Ripley earned every second of it from overcoming cheap shots to not tapping out after a long period of time (hint hint becky). Baszler made her look incredibly credible. Shirai may be ready to first challenge Ripley (or soon enough) and perhaps Baszler can move and feud with Lynch towards Wrestlemania (assuming they will allow Becky to dispose of Asuke). I'm just very surprised they ended Baszler's run on the weekly show and not on a ppv..
    Might have been done since they're competing with AEW so they can't hold back. The element of surprise is always good anyway. So does this mean Shayna Baszler will win the Rumble? I figured they'll have an NXT person win anyway so she could be it.

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1114 Post(s)

Might have been done since they're competing with AEW so they can't hold back. The element of surprise is always good anyway. So does this mean Shayna Baszler will win the Rumble? I figured they'll have an NXT person win anyway so she could be it.
    I get it. And NXT did beat AEW in the ratings this week.

Obviously Dakota Kai is going to win the Rumble, I mean come on now..

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1114 Post(s)

Also I think my favorite part of NXT Wednesday might have been Matt Riddle’s vignette on how he approached Dunne for a tag team, his mimicking of Dunne’s face, and the “Bro’s-erweights” being born...

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3743 Post(s)

Saw R-Truth's promo on RAW. Love it!

I think WWE kind of dropped the ball though on not having Lesnar "shock the world" and win the 24/7 Title. That would give some fresh life back to the title because Truth winning it back nonstop got old fast. If it were up to me, I'd have Lesnar 2 belts (lol) and then have the lower card be dumb enough to chase him for it. But then eventually have them all work together to cost Lesnar the 24/7 Title. (Say McIntyre is the one that knocks Lesnar out and then a lower card guy can win it). This way, Lesnar loses the 24/7 Title and it sets up an automatic feud with someone like Drew for the WWE Title.

Also, Kevin Owens with that move off the entrance skateboard thing was awesome!

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1114 Post(s)

Saw R-Truth's promo on RAW. Love it!

I think WWE kind of dropped the ball though on not having Lesnar "shock the world" and win the 24/7 Title. That would give some fresh life back to the title because Truth winning it back nonstop got old fast. If it were up to me, I'd have Lesnar 2 belts (lol) and then have the lower card be dumb enough to chase him for it. But then eventually have them all work together to cost Lesnar the 24/7 Title. (Say McIntyre is the one that knocks Lesnar out and then a lower card guy can win it). This way, Lesnar loses the 24/7 Title and it sets up an automatic feud with someone like Drew for the WWE Title.

Also, Kevin Owens with that move off the entrance skateboard thing was awesome!
    R Truth once again proved why he is a national treasure. I was laughing hard (and I'm pretty sure Brock was too)

McIntyre has been great on the mic lately and is getting a good crowd reaction. I'm assuming they're seemingly setting up Brock in the rumble to see who will eliminate him and set up a feud for a wrestlemania match. They're don't seem to be too many key players that would move the needle who haven't already lost to him, so may be Drew gets a shot. Or maybe they spice it up and let Keith Lee or someone from NXT have a go. It can't be Reigns again right?

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3743 Post(s)

R Truth once again proved why he is a national treasure. I was laughing hard (and I'm pretty sure Brock was too)

McIntyre has been great on the mic lately and is getting a good crowd reaction. I'm assuming they're seemingly setting up Brock in the rumble to see who will eliminate him and set up a feud for a wrestlemania match. They're don't seem to be too many key players that would move the needle who haven't already lost to him, so may be Drew gets a shot. Or maybe they spice it up and let Keith Lee or someone from NXT have a go. It can't be Reigns again right?
    I think regardless of Rumble results, we're stuck with Reigns/Fiend anyway. lol

Rink Dawg