Team LGK
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    797 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    So NXT moving to USA network in september, for a 2 hour weekly show.

Call me a pessimist but now working with an extra hour, worrying about ratings/network executives. Now it's just another main roster show that might lose it's experimentation and edge....Also, NXT is more or less a training ground for a lot of new talent. That extra exposure can't help but feel added pressure, not to mention over-exposure. Currently we can go a week or two or three without seeing certain talent. Not anymore. Not to mention it's a war with AEW they might not win...there is also waaay too much product on cable network tv. dilute, dilute.
    I must be a pessimist, too, because I agree 100%.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3705 Post(s)

So NXT moving to USA network in september, for a 2 hour weekly show.

Call me a pessimist but now working with an extra hour, worrying about ratings/network executives. Now it's just another main roster show that might lose it's experimentation and edge....Also, NXT is more or less a training ground for a lot of new talent. That extra exposure can't help but feel added pressure, not to mention over-exposure. Currently we can go a week or two or three without seeing certain talent. Not anymore. Not to mention it's a war with AEW they might not win...there is also waaay too much product on cable network tv. dilute, dilute.
    I agree, this can't be good for NXT moving forward. They just taped their usual episodes after TakeOver but starting on the 18th, I believe they're going to go live for 1 episode and then taped for the one after. They say HHH will run it but I think we all know Vince will get his hands on it when it's all said and done. There are a lot of casual WWE fans who don't watch NXT and they likely still won't. So I'm sure eventually Vince will make sure Rollins, Lynch, Charlotte, etc show up on NXT as part of some "wild card" rule as well.

It's a good test for AEW though. I'm excited for it. As much as I love the NXT brand though, you have to admit that in their usual episodes it comes off as low budget. Meanwhile AEW is going to have pyros and everything. It'll be night and day.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1086 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    I agree, this can't be good for NXT moving forward. They just taped their usual episodes after TakeOver but starting on the 18th, I believe they're going to go live for 1 episode and then taped for the one after. They say HHH will run it but I think we all know Vince will get his hands on it when it's all said and done. There are a lot of casual WWE fans who don't watch NXT and they likely still won't. So I'm sure eventually Vince will make sure Rollins, Lynch, Charlotte, etc show up on NXT as part of some "wild card" rule as well.

It's a good test for AEW though. I'm excited for it. As much as I love the NXT brand though, you have to admit that in their usual episodes it comes off as low budget. Meanwhile AEW is going to have pyros and everything. It'll be night and day.
    Agreed.

NXT is built on small segments, the occasional good to very good match on tv, and the blowout ppv's. You can't do this with a 2 hour live weekly show. I don't even care about the low budget feel, I sort of dug that (until the ppv's). HHH can come out and say all he wants that the show will not change, but we know it will.

We're now going to have 3 hours of raw, 2 hours of smackdown, 2 hours of nxt, and 2 hours of aew on cable tv each week. That's looney tunes.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1086 Post(s)

Holy Moly I have zero interest in Keith Lee or Dominik Djiakovic but that match between the big men on nxt last night was awesome!!

Street Profits lost the tag titles to O'Reilly and Fish in a pretty solid match. I assume this means Street Profits will start wrestling on Raw/Smackdown at some point, or just build up for a rematch at the next Takeover. Does this mean Strong is going to take the North American title from the Dream for a clean Undisputed sweep?

Rhea Rhipley interrupting Baszler - awesome!!!

This was a pretty f'n good episode of NXT that ONLY NEEDED 1 HOUR.

Also, rag sheets say Enzo/Cass possibly negotiating to return to NXT for the USA show......oh lord
    Last edited by ucsdguy1; August 29th, 2019 at 08:21 AM.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1086 Post(s)

RIP hug life

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3705 Post(s)

RIP hug life
    Heel Bayley could be good. But now what? Is Charlotte a face?

I can imagine that Bayley super fan Izzy doing rebel things and her parents will be like, "We blame Bayley for doing this to our daughter!!"

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1086 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    Heel Bayley could be good. But now what? Is Charlotte a face?

I can imagine that Bayley super fan Izzy doing rebel things and her parents will be like, "We blame Bayley for doing this to our daughter!!"
    While I think a heel turn for Bayley can do her good, I'm not sold on the timing. She was finally doing good as champ. And to just turn at the end of a Raw? Why not do it when it really counts. How about during Banks/Lynch, Banks is about to hit her with a chair. Bayley shows up, grabs it as if to stop her, then hits Lynch while the ref is knocked out or looking elsewhere and Sasha wins the title? Now that would be a heel turn. Or something to where it really mattered.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3705 Post(s)

While I think a heel turn for Bayley can do her good, I'm not sold on the timing. She was finally doing good as champ. And to just turn at the end of a Raw? Why not do it when it really counts. How about during Banks/Lynch, Banks is about to hit her with a chair. Bayley shows up, grabs it as if to stop her, then hits Lynch while the ref is knocked out or looking elsewhere and Sasha wins the title? Now that would be a heel turn. Or something to where it really mattered.
    Oooh that's a really good idea. That would have definitely pissed people off and it would be a proper heel turn.

So on RAW, Bayley should have just grabbed the chair from Sasha and go, "WTF are you doing?" and then take it with her as Sasha looks on to end the show. Then at the PPV like you mentioned, have a ref bump. Have Sasha grab a chair again and suddenly Bayley comes out to take the chair from her. People will think she's there to be a goody two shoe again, but then she hits Becky a few times with it and rolls out of the ring with the chair just as the ref wakes up. You're right, that would definitely have made a better impact.

Rink Dawg

Do or Do Not!
    Images
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    952 Post(s)

Firefly FunHouse was awesome last night. Devil Vince gets paid by Bray! Ramblin Rabbit with the help sign gets pushed down. LET ME IN!

I am the Monkey King, I can do Anything.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1086 Post(s)

Shoddy writing again!

Bayley/Sasha vs. Flair/Lynch - while the match was great, if Bayley and Sasha are going to be built as credible heels they should steamroll through opponents first. You're telling me Lynch and Flair couldn't have had some issues between the two of them causing a loss? Or Sasha couldn't have done something to get them DQ'd? Bayley takes the clean pin and suddenly it looks like the two of them couldn't get the job done.

Bayley eating the pin probably means she'll keep her title against Flair. Best to let Banks take the title from Lynch as well and they can say they were playing possum.
    Last edited by ucsdguy1; September 10th, 2019 at 08:34 AM.