Thread: WWE RAW, Smackdown, & PPV Discussion Thread 2012 & 2013

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    753 Post(s)

So Cena's pretty lucky he doesn't have a broken neck huh?

At least he said don't be sorry

http://deadspin.com/john-cena-gets-d...ura-1797466035

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3221 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    So Cena's pretty lucky he doesn't have a broken neck huh?

At least he said don't be sorry

http://deadspin.com/john-cena-gets-d...ura-1797466035
    Man, with that kind of move who is to blame? Obviously Cena has to "jump" to make that move happen right? But it's also Shinsuke's responsibility to protect him. Tough to say since on countless occasions, the opponent Shinsuke uses the Reverse Exploder Suplex on tends to land on their stomach and not the back of their neck.

Either way, glad Cena is okay or else he wouldn't came back out to set up a match against Corbin for Summerslam. Speaking of which, it's going to be great for Corbin to beat Cena at Summerslam too and send him away for months while he films that Transformers movie.

And the Twin Peaks thing... I don't watch that but what Fandango and The Ascension did there? Freaky as hell! I do have to at the Eraserhead picture. Love it.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

It's
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)

What about the first match where Owens hits the ref on his left eye, but in the back he is being treated for his right eye.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3221 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CIrvine View Post
    What about the first match where Owens hits the ref on his left eye, but in the back he is being treated for his right eye.

But when Owens was ranting, he said the refs fall down to a gust of wind (or something to that affect). So maybe he hurt his right eye walking to the back.

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3221 Post(s)

The Street Profits are pretty darn entertaining. Lots of potential with that new tag team. They remind me of Cryme Tyme but way more agile.

Angelo Dawkins has been with NXT for years now and I always found him really boring. But having him team up with Montez Ford (who I don't know at all), well... they actually mesh well together!

Rink Dawg

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    138 Post(s)

http://deadspin.com/report-ric-flair...oma-1797832333

Sadly I think the ride on Space Mountain is about to come to an end.

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    753 Post(s)

They really have promoted the hell out of Jinger/Shinsuke eh?

Way to utilize that money in the bank shot Corbin! But really, did anyone think they'd have him win it on the spot only to have the match with Cena become a title match that Cena would win?

Summerslam should be another nice 7 hour ppv...
    Last edited by ucsdguy1; August 16th, 2017 at 02:58 PM.

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    753 Post(s)

I've only seen 3 matches so far, and my comments on them are:

1. Nakamura/Jinder was %{#{*#\ dumb

2. Bayley getting booed again. She's going heel.
    2.a. Too soon to take the belt off Bliss, but I imagine a rematch while bayley heels from injury (see what I did there)leading to a feud with Sasha?

3. Big show/cass- yawn.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3221 Post(s)

Been on vacation the last 3 weeks... and been too lazy to type anything. But here are my thoughts on Takeover Brooklyn and Summerslam.

Takeover Brooklyn

Holy cow, what a show. They seriously never disappoint do they? I wasn't too excited about the card but I tuned in anyway for some good wrestling.

Gargano vs Almas was probably the best match of the night and they opened the show. I like the repackaged Almas with Zelina Vega as his manager. He's pretty darn talented and now has a "no nonsense" demeanor thanks to his manager. Johnny Wrestling is something else. I think if WWE gives him a decent push when he's on the main roster in the future, he could be the next Daniel Bryan if given the chance. All in all, sucks that Gargano lost but Almas needed the win more.

Sanity getting the Tag Titles over the Authors of Pain was a little surprising. Rumors have it that the AOP are getting called up soon so we'll see. Will Sanity use the freebird rule like New Day? Or is it only Alexander Wolfe and Eric Young that are Tag Champs?

Aleister Black/Hideo Itami - Stiff match. Not much more to say about that. Serious question.. how the hell are these stiff shots to the head allowed and how do they take it? I'm sure when they hit their kicks and whatnot, it's likely at the "safest" place possible. But still, it's crazy to watch them just eat these kicks to the jaw and head over and over.

Asuka/Ember Moon was a mighty fine match. I think it's second to Bayley/Sasha Banks at the first TakeOver Brooklyn. The near falls were insane and I really believed that Ember had a chance at winning. Now we find out that Asuka broke her collarbone during the match and she vacated the title last night during the tapings. It sucks because I kind of want her to hold the Women's Title longer mainly because she's broken all kinds of record anyway with it. Why not keep it going? Plus it's not like Brock has to follow the 30 day rule, so why does Asuka? Either way, at least she can still say she never lost it and can say she's undefeated when she's on RAW.

Drew McIntyre/Bobby Roode was fun. The match started slow but I'm really surprise Drew got the win. I honestly didn't expect them to call up Bobby Roode so soon until they mentioned that he's already been down there for more than a year. Glad to see Roode on Smackdown since they lost Cena to RAW.

As for Summerslam... it was a pretty meh show overall. 6 hours is just too long for anything. Vince needs to stop doing this.

Best match of the night was on the Pre-Show with New Day vs Usos. They freaking rocked it.

I felt bad for The Miztourage vs Hardy Boyz and Jason Jordan match. It was ridiculous to have them wrestle the first match on the Pre-show. The PPV started at 4 PM our time and their match was at 2:30 PM! If you've been to a WWE Event, you know they open the doors late too. For example if RAW was at 5 PM, they don't open the doors until 4:30 at the earliest. I remember always missing the dark match at 4:45 because there is just too many people trying to get in at the same time. For this case here if you watched on the Youtube stream.. when the Miz came out, there was maybe.. 50-100 people there? It was insulting. Even Jeff Hardy had no fans to high-five on the ramp. So when I read that Miz was furious backstage, good for him. I think he's worked long enough to not be in trouble for yelling at Vince and company backstage.

That Nakamura/Mahal match though? I was so torn on it. I'm on the "Don't Hinder Jinder" train but I wished they would let him win clean for once. It reminds me so much about when Rollins was a heel champ and when Kevin Owens was the Universal Champ. They never let them win clean either which is pretty dumb. It's especially tough for Jinder since he was forced to job for so long. He needs wins (and clean ones) to establish himself. Then we got Shinsuke Nakamura who oozes charisma and should be champion. But to have him get his first ever defeat on the main roster to Jinder? I mean, come on. Vince is just trolling, I swear.

That's all I got for now. Thanks for reading!

Rink Dawg

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    753 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    I felt bad for The Miztourage vs Hardy Boyz and Jason Jordan match. It was ridiculous to have them wrestle the first match on the Pre-show. The PPV started at 4 PM our time and their match was at 2:30 PM! If you've been to a WWE Event, you know they open the doors late too. For example if RAW was at 5 PM, they don't open the doors until 4:30 at the earliest. I remember always missing the dark match at 4:45 because there is just too many people trying to get in at the same time. For this case here if you watched on the Youtube stream.. when the Miz came out, there was maybe.. 50-100 people there? It was insulting. Even Jeff Hardy had no fans to high-five on the ramp. So when I read that Miz was furious backstage, good for him. I think he's worked long enough to not be in trouble for yelling at Vince and company backstage.
    Did you see him on Raw the following night though? He was classic both about having the pre-show match and Cena/Reigns being guys who are just given opportunity after opportunity. Very strong standing ovation from the crowd that I think even caught him off guard (until he brilliantly threw the "and you all, you don't even know who you're supposed to cheer for")

Oh and Roode's entrance + crowd reaction on Smackdown was fantastic. How long until we surely see Sammy Zayn lose to him?
    Last edited by ucsdguy1; August 25th, 2017 at 12:03 PM.