<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3151 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    Zayn going off on Bryan was pretty good. I'm still not sure who he and Owens will feud with (one on one or together), but definitely got off more on his current psyche.

Breezango/Ascension = brilliant.

Jinder laying out a challenge to Lesnar while AJ starting a feud with him at the same time feels disjointed. Does Lesnar squash him? Can he have two feuds at once?
    Loved the promo between Zayn, Owens, and Bryan. It's funny that Sami still has his happy go lucky music even though he's a heel. I wonder if they'll give him new music soon. The only thing I see about the pairing between Owens and Zayn is that they're going to be teaming up in the Survivor Series elimination match. There's no way they'll go for the Tag Titles (although they could I suppose). But you're right.. who do they feud with now? Orton and Nakamura have nothing going on.

Jinder challenging Brock is interesting although I think it'll be a 5 on 5 Elimination match. There's nothing for either one to gain by having them go 1 on 1 in a non-title match. If Jinder wins, Brock looks REALLY bad. If Brock squashes Jinder, it makes the WWE Title look like a joke. Smackdown doesn't have a PPV until Survivor Series, so they can do a slow build between AJ Styles and Jinder Mahal until the Smackdown PPV (Clash of Champions) in December. Next week we'll see AJ vs Sunil Singh. Then probably the week after it'll be AJ vs Samir Singh. Then they'll face them in a Handicap match.. lol.

Breezango and Ascension are great together. At least this will get the crowd to like the Ascension

What do you think of Gable/Benjamin? I feel like they're too much like American Alpha. Same personality and gimmick really...

And WWE seems to keep forgetting about Zack Ryder and Mojo Rawley being pissed at each other. There's just not enough TV time for everyone.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    713 Post(s)

My first thought was Zayn needs new music. But, I may have changed my mind. His coming out to the same music with the same dance feeds into the persona of "I'm still the same Sami, just smarter and uncaring what fans think". Plus I just love his theme song.

Was it just me or do the Ascension show really great comedic timing? There is potential there.

And have they really done a fantastic job of killing the Nakamura aura? For building him up as this potential superstar at the beginning they sure have crushed his credibility star power. He pretty much has nothing going on. I fear Asuka may suffer the same fate.

I'm not a huge fan of Gable/Benjamin. I didn't quite get why they broke up American Alpha. They were the new Steiner Brothers! Totally agree it's pretty much the same gimmick. Benjamin (or the writing for him) has done nothing to get me to care. The segment with Usos last night was cringeworthy.

Until you said that I forgot about Ryder and Rawley too.

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    698 Post(s)

I also think that Zayn should keep the same music. Maybe the Universe will see fit to give him a "You Suck!" (or worse) instead of "Let's Go!" And Sami could dance around anyway. That would be pretty funny.

I don't think Gable and Benjamin are too similar to American Alpha; I think they're too similar to WGTT. :P

Incidentally, I also believe they need to drop some of the PPV gimmicks, specifically TLC and Hell in a Cell. These just lead to them arbitrarily having to book those gimmick matches. It would be better if those kinds of matches grew organically out of a feud and could pop up any time during the year.

Also, they should not be so concerned that everyone needs to have some kind of current story and just be okay with having some fights between people with different personalities and styles. As you guys note, having some friction between Mojo and Ryder is not necessarily even giving them TV time, so why do it? They are a fun team.

While I'm griping about things, there should be more managers, too.

And I know someone probably would like to do a nice chain match, although that probably is a no-no in family-friendly mode.

Okay, I was rambling again…

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    713 Post(s)

huh?

The night before NXT TakeOver: War Games in Houston, Drew McIntyre will defend the NXT title against Adam Cole with Shawn Michaels as the special guest referee, at an NXT Live event in San Antonio.
    Tim Fiorvanti, ESPN.com

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3151 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    huh?

HBK as special guest ref? WTF. That's random as hell.. but then again I'm like 3 episodes behind on NXT.

Edit: Never mind. Re-read it and it's for a house show. Maybe it's a way to sell tickets but I highly doubt there will be a title change the night before Takeover.
    Last edited by TooCool; October 19th, 2017 at 01:15 PM.

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    713 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    HBK as special guest ref? WTF. That's random as hell.. but then again I'm like 3 episodes behind on NXT.

Edit: Never mind. Re-read it and it's for a house show. Maybe it's a way to sell tickets but I highly doubt there will be a title change the night before Takeover.
    I'm caught up on NXT and this has no relationship to anything that has gone on the past few shows. Last night was pretty much a setup for Wargames between Undisputed, Sanity, and ______ (won't spoil if you haven't watched), and a feud with McIntyre and Almas.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    713 Post(s)

wow

Those rumors and reports about medical issues hitting WWE and keeping wrestlers like Bo Dallas and Bray Wyatt out of action appear to be true after all. But those two aren’t the only wrestlers affected.

The issue has become bad enough that Roman Reigns has been pulled from the upcoming TLC event scheduled for this Sun., Oct. 22, 2017, in Minneapolis, Minnesota. In a big shock, WWE has decided to replace him with none other than current Raw General Manager Kurt Angle.

The rest of the participants in that match (Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins on one side, Braun Strowman, Kane, The Miz, Cesaro, and Sheamus on the other) will remain in place.

Elsewhere, Wyatt has been pulled from the card and replaced by SmackDown Live’s AJ Styles, who will wrestle Finn Balor for the first time in WWE.

No other changes have been announced for the card but with sickness going around, there’s no telling what else might happen.
    https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/20...medical-issues

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3151 Post(s)

That's some crazy ****! I'm now stoked for the PPV

It's definitely nuts to have Kurt Angle make his in-ring return in a TLC match of all matches. Realistically, if you're going to have him make a WWE return in-ring, it would be at Wrestlemania. But at least this will immediately get people watching. It's one thing to return for a regular match but a TLC match? Ouch! I wonder if they'll go easy on him when it comes to getting hit with a weapon. Seth and Dean should definitely take the majority of the punishment.

Bray Wyatt being replaced by AJ Styles? Hell yeah. No story behind this one but if they get 20-25 minutes we just might get a match of the year kind of material.

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    713 Post(s)

I was going to say.....suddenly I’m interested in the balor match!