Thread: WWE RAW, Smackdown, & PPV Discussion Thread 2012 & 2013

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    637 Post(s)

Running thoughts: how many different ways can they out-awesome roode's intros?

Editor's note: this probably didn't beat the choir intro

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    637 Post(s)

Well I guess if they weren't gonna give DIY a title win or a call up, this was the only way to go..

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3026 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    Well I guess if they weren't gonna give DIY a title win or a call up, this was the only way to go..
    I'm already looking forward to the next Takeover when they fight.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3026 Post(s)

Yes!! They actually did it! Jindal Mahal is the WWE Champion!

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    637 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    I'm already looking forward to the next Takeover when they fight.
    I don't know man, I liked those guys a lot as a tag team. Wish they could've gotten a call up and had the breakup feud on the top level. But the matches should be good.

Who the heck is going to ever beat the authors of pain?

Oh, that's right...

And backlash thoughts (editor's note: i only had time to watch the Styles/Owens and Nakamura matches in full, others just highlights)

Styles/Owens - WOW. Great match. S****y ending, but at least Styles as a face didn't really lose cleanly. Room for continuation.

Nakamura - good crowds just add to the spectacle of the intro. Awesome. Match didn't feel like anything to write home about, but a good intro to his style I suppose.

Highlights related - some of the crowd reactions (especially after Jinder won) were priceless. Credit to the camera crews for many good shots.

Surprised Jinder won it!
    Last edited by ucsdguy1; May 22nd, 2017 at 10:34 AM.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3026 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    I don't know man, I liked those guys a lot as a tag team. Wish they could've gotten a call up and had the breakup feud on the top level. But the matches should be good.

Who the heck is going to ever beat the authors of pain?

Oh, that's right...

Heavy Machinery looks like they can be a fun tag team to watch. I think the Authors of Pain will have to hold on to the Tag Titles up until NXT Takeover Brooklyn though seeing as Heavy Machinery still have a long way to go in terms of development.

As for Smackdown Live, they already have a Money in the Bank Ladder Match set up. Kevin Owens, Dolph Ziggler, Shinsuke Nakamura, AJ Styles, Baron Corbin, and Sami Zayn. It kind of makes me feel bad for Tye Dillinger. He said on Talking Smack after Backlash that he would like to be in the Ladder match.. and what do you know? They just leave him right out of that match.

Breezango's newest Fashion Files was great. They scared Shane when they said they were going to turn in their guns, which turned out to be water guns. Also love how Chris Jericho is missing in the background and there was even a picture of the Mean Street Posse!

Jinder Mahal's celebration felt almost the same as when The Great Khali had his celebration... o_o The only thing I'm disappointed about with Jinder's story is that Vince is forcing him to use the "I'm not an American so you have to boo me" kind of thing. The whole "USA! USA! USA!" chant against heels is boring and overdone to me. But the casual crowd loves it so I guess Vince knows what he's doing. I just wish they would have gone a different way and just have him say that he's given an opportunity and he's not going to squander it. Then let him beat Orton cleanly and Cena (in the summer). That would really establish him well. But since this is Vince's way of booking things, he's going to look like a weak champion who will always rely on cheating to win.. which is what they made Kevin Owens do when he had the Universal Title.

And I kind of wish the Money in the Bank was a PPV for both brands. At least that could add the excitement of people cashing in the contract on both RAW and Smackdown. But now that it's only on Smackdown, there's just going to be one. There are rumors that they'll give the Women a MITB match too, so that could be fun.

Rink Dawg

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    637 Post(s)

JINDER, YOU'RE NEXT

(If I can walk again...)

Seriously what the hell