Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 1788
    All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1064 Post(s)

It's a broken record. WWE teases Brock will cash in last night (who thought he would?). Corbin with a sneaky hit, and Brock with a severe beatdown of Rollins who can't stand up. Maybe that might have a been a good time to cash in? But Brock chooses.......Friday in Saudi Arabia??

Also remember that time just a week or two back when Brock magically discovered he had a whole year to cash in the briefcase? And remember that time five days ago when Stephanie promised to take action against Lesnar and Heyman for failing to deliver on their promise to reveal when he would cash in? (that makes total sense given the entire premise of mitb)

Sheesh. The writing is amazing.

Oh and I don't believe he'll actually cash in Friday either.
    Last edited by ucsdguy1; June 4th, 2019 at 03:12 PM.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1064 Post(s)

I can't stand it.

Bliss actually had some semblance of a new character development on Raw - being disgruntled with the coffee spill, going on the attack, and becoming "friends" with Cross. This then completely disappeared from Smackdown as she was back to the same heel jabs (and no Cross). What is the point? And surely they could've used any of the other women's talent on the roster for a Bayley first title defense to build some heat, rather than bringing out Flair AGAIN. The triple threat match wasn't terrible. I really hope they don't have Bayley lose already and let Bliss just keep her thing with Cross going on Raw. Rose/Deville for some reason decided to come out and distract Carmella. There is potential for Carmella to now choose someone new and interesting as an ally (::cough Moon cough:: ), but don't think for one second they won't screw that up.

Oh and remember that time Kairi Sane and Asuke as a threatening tag team was a thing?

Or remember those Rusev and Nakamura guys?
    Last edited by ucsdguy1; June 5th, 2019 at 09:04 AM.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1064 Post(s)

I can't believe it but the past couple of nights we're actually seeing some of the unused talent get some air time.

The Good Brothers should have AJ lead them. The revival are tag team champs. Kairi/Asuke actually showed up on tv again. Bayley/Alexa are actually advancing a feud in which Nikki Cross should play a big part sunday. Ember Moon actually has someone to feud with (and her going psycho is fun)

Granted there's still waaaay too much shane mcmahon. And granted the brand extensions is more or less gone, they may as well just get rid of the wild card and combine both shows to a single brand again. And no Finn Balor this week. Did I speak too soon? I am totally sure the above is an anomaly to silence low morale for one week before everything goes back to normal.

There's a PPV this weekend? Okay some picks:

Kingston/Ziggler - will be a fun match, but I doubt Ziggler is the guy that dethrones Kofi.

Samoa Joe/Ricochet - hopefully will also be a fun match. But I doubt Joe gives up his title already.

Lynch/Evans - Evans is trying, but Lynch ain't losing the title to her.

Bayley/Alexa Bliss - as much as I don't want to see Bayley lose the title already, they've been setting this up for getting Cross involved. Cross will interfere helping Bliss to win, which will inevitably set up a Bayley/Cross feud and/or a rematch with Bliss. (although Cross has gotta be nuts to fall for Bliss, especially when Bayley specifically pointed out last night she had done the same thing to Nia Jax and Mickie James).

Rollins/Corbin - the biggest draw of this match seems to be who the hand picked referee will be. Rollins has basically beaten the crap out of most of the B guys who might have had a shot. Lesnar anyone? Or hell why not make it R Truth? I'd say no chance Rollins loses. But perhaps Lesnar referees and cashes in immediately after the match regardless of who he lets win.

Bryan and Rowen/Heavy Machinery - 0.000000000% chance Bryan and Rowan lose.

Reigns/McYntire - McYntire needs a win. If reigns runs through him it definitely is just to set up a match with Shane. Shane will get involved helping roman to lose in which case it'll also set up a match between the two.

Woods and Big E vs. Zayn/Owens - Zayn and Owens have seemingly lost all credibility since returning. As they need some momentum, I'll say they'll find a way to cheat and win.

Cruiserweight Championship: Not much knowledge on anyone here so I'll say Tozawa based on nothing.

24/7 Championship: Somehow Truth has to get his title back. Perhaps Maverick's wedding is sunday and it'll happen backstage..

Firefly Fun House: we need more of this, so let's add 2 or 3 segments over the course of the ppv please.

I guess after re-looking at the matches it would appear most of the people I mentioned getting air time have zero place on the ppv. And no Strowman. Hopefully that will change going forward.
    Last edited by ucsdguy1; June 19th, 2019 at 08:15 AM.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3687 Post(s)

Oh geez... I thought I posted my thoughts on TakeOver 25 a few weeks ago but I didn't? Maybe I was dreaming I did....

Anyhow, that was one hell of a PPV as usual. My favorite match was definitely the Fatal Four Way Ladder Match for the Tag Titles. I already love the Undisputed Era but Kyle O'Reilly might just be my favorite wrestler now with all the insane bumps he kept taking. He sells so damn well too. Street Profits winning was awesome and I'm very happy for them. It still boggles my mind that they didn't just have the War Raiders drop it to them cleanly. And now the Viking Raiders aren't even used on RAW. Typical Vince.

I'm happy that Breeze is back in NXT and I read the spoilers for the next 5-6 episodes they taped and it looks like Breeze is staying there so that's great.

As for RAW and Smackdown... I just don't care anymore. =[ Even Smackdown is unwatchable for me because it's not the land of opportunity anymore. The Wild Card rule is one of the worst things ever, especially since they never follow the rules. First Vince said 3 superstars, then 4. And now you'll see like 10 of them on the show which is dumb as hell. It just really hurt Smackdown so much to the point that even Rusev, Nakamura, Asuka, Kairi Sane, Finn Balor, Andrade, Randy Orton, Charlotte, and even Daniel Bryan aren't used properly. Yikes.

I also couldn't help but notice that WWE have been posting "exclusive videos" of what happens during commercial breaks. And this WWE interviewer lady Sarah Schreiber quizzes the kids about superstar nicknames. Notice on both RAW and Smackdown, the kids had no idea who Rusev and Nakamura are?

Hey WWE, it's because you never put them on TV!
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1064 Post(s)

Just getting Velveteen Dream, Riddle, and Breeze in a ring together last night was super fun. And with Undisputed, I mean the intro segment alone was quote upon quote:

Dream: "I'd like to touch you"
    Riddle: "I know, I'm handsome and I'm a stallion"
    Bay Bay: "Maybe you can go back to writing online reviews for wrestlers from the Attitude era" (I think Riddle busted up laughing on this one)
    Breeze: "I don't really care who's better looking, which is me by the way"
    Crowd: "OG, OG"

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1064 Post(s)

Quick Stomping Grounds thoughts:

Rollins/Corbin – Evans as the guest referee was a swerve, albeit extremely predictable what would happen as soon as it was announced. The match was just so-so (noticeable A-E-dub and Daniel Bryan chants as Corbin had early offense). It is a change of pace to have a female referee for a men’s match I suppose? Evans played the heel referee very well. Despite their being together, I wish Lynch and Rollins would be their own animals in separate stories, but I assume on Raw or sometime soon we’ll get a Rollins/Lynch vs. Corbin/Evans mixed tag match (maybe at Extreme Rules?). It was also strange that Lesnar (and Heyman sans for an early small promo backstage) were nonexistent.

Lynch/Evans – weird match. Their timing seemed way off. Lynch noticeably had to start a move, then stop and start again when Evans wasn’t there. That wet wipe into the armpits still makes me gag! I would say Evans can now step away from the title scene for a while (except for the above mentioned comment)

Bayley/Bliss – pretty fun match all things considered. I thought Bliss might have been concussed on one of those power slams into the turnbuckle. Bayley is definitely bringing aggression into her repertoire. I assume Cross was meant to be pissed off after Bayley mistakenly dove into her and accidentally cost Bliss the match by jumping in the ring. But the whole segment seemed to be a bit fast and muddled. Didn’t come off right. Cross perhaps now gets a title shot with Bayley in which a jealous Bliss “mistakenly” costs her the match?

Kingston/Ziggler – started slow but picked up as it went on. I did laugh a couple times when the announcers questioned why either guy didn’t just run out the door when their opponent was lying on the ground. Some good escape teases, good psychology. Kingston flying over Ziggler at the end to win was different and probably allowed Ziggler to still save some face.

Samoa Joe/Ricochet – surprised they let Ricochet take the pin here! Match again started off slow and also got much better as it went on. Good contrast of styles. Ricochet can be a good face to hold the US title for a while. But where does Joe go from here? Notice Charlotte as one of the stars backstage congratulating Ricochet after the win?

Bryan & Rowan/Heavy Machinery – whoa this match was much better than I expected. Otis and Rowan going back and forth with stiff shots was awesome. Good showing from Heavy Machinery despite everyone and their mother knowing they would lose. The crowd was also 100% behind Bryan on this one.

Reigns/McYntire – Reigns is back to kicking out of everything. McYntire loses more credibility and we get yet another 2 on 1 match on Raw tonight which I assume will inevitably lead to another match at extreme rules. Yawn.

New Day/Owens & Zayn – really fun. Lots of energy and the crowd was pretty into it. Owens and Zayn had to get the win here.

Overall not a terrible ppv with some decent matches, but nothing to blow me away. But seems like they’re just continuing a re-tread of the same stories in major storylines unless something changes and fast. Also notice the tag team champs The Revival and the Tag Team champs the Iconics did not have matches on the show.

Also apparently the wells fargo center in PA is advertising a Kofi/Ziggler/Owens triple threat match and a McIntyre/Shane vs. Roman handicap match (duh) for Extreme Rules.

Wow that got long.
    Last edited by ucsdguy1; June 24th, 2019 at 08:54 AM.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3687 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    Overall not a terrible ppv with some decent matches, but nothing to blow me away. But seems like they’re just continuing a re-tread of the same stories in major storylines unless something changes and fast. Also notice the tag team champs The Revival and the Tag Team champs the Iconics did not have matches on the show.
    Thanks for your thoughts. I didn't bother watching it. What happened to the Cruiserweight Triple Threat? Or did that get bumped to the pre-show? I thought New Day vs Owens/Zayn was the Pre-Show going in.

And judging from what you wrote, no sign of Finn Balor either huh. And R-Truth didn't show up during the PPV?
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1064 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    Thanks for your thoughts. I didn't bother watching it. What happened to the Cruiserweight Triple Threat? Or did that get bumped to the pre-show? I thought New Day vs Owens/Zayn was the Pre-Show going in.

And judging from what you wrote, no sign of Finn Balor either huh. And R-Truth didn't show up during the PPV?
    Yes cruiserweight was on the pre-show. I read it was a pretty good match but nope didn't see any of it.

No Finn Balor. R-Truth got the 24/7 title back at drake maverick's wedding, but wwe put the video up 3 days ago. I think they may have given a recap yesterday.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1064 Post(s)

So that was random, but this just in....the Undertaker still looks old and slow! This also just in....with age his tongue gets more and more gene simmons-ish..

I think Vince is trolling everyone and will give Evans and Corbin the titles at Extreme Rules isn't he...

And I didn't catch this but....

Registered Redophile
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    564 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    So that was random, but this just in....the Undertaker still looks old and slow! This also just in....with age his tongue gets more and more gene simmons-ish..

I think Vince is trolling everyone and will give Evans and Corbin the titles at Extreme Rules isn't he...

And I didn't catch this but....

Mercy the Buzzard was stalking Kofi in the locker room as well...

Last edited by King Ludwig; June 25th, 2019 at 05:59 AM.