Results 1,691 to 1,700 of 1716
    All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1027 Post(s)

All that jazz aside, the Takeover card this weekend is stacked. My predictions/thoughts:

Gargano vs. Bay Bay: As much as everyone wanted Gargano to finally beat Ciampa for the title, it's still his time. This will be a great match. Undisputed will no doubt get involved. Gargano will fight through it all and win. The crowd will go bananas. I can't see Johnny losing and going through another "am I good enough" phase. With Ciampa's injury they need a solid top star to stay in NXT. The only way I can see him losing is if they truly want a win over Ciampa down the road to be his crowning moment. But yeah, Gargano should win this one.

Velveteen Dream vs. Matt Riddle: The fans should be raucous for this one. Perfect contrast of Velveteen's athleticism vs. Riddle's stiff shots and submissions. Should be a lot of fun. Riddle is still a bit green in NXT, and it's too soon for Dream to lose his title. Dream will win.

Baszler vs Sane vs Shirai vs Belair: So although the ending to the Belair/Sane match last night was predictable, it was still pretty fun. Shirai holding the title at the end of the melee means she most likely will not win Saturday. I would say if Baszler is truly ready for a main level call up, then Sane or Belair will win. Her co-horts however are definitely not ready. I'll also still say Sane/Shirai need a match with Bayley/Banks for the women's titles a future event, so I'll hold off on either of them. It'll come down to Belair or Baszler. I'll say they extend Baszler's reign just a bit longer until Belair wins the title in a 1 on 1 match.

War Raiders vs. Ricochet/Black: This should be action packed, but War Raiders will retain. Ricochet/Black seem primed to stay on the top level, and are part of the smackdown tag match Sunday night. They don't need the NXT tag titles. This should give war raiders a high quality win as since getting the titles, outside of war games they haven't had much in the way of feuds.

Walter vs. Pete Dunne: I always love me as much Pete Dunne as I can get. I honestly don't know much about Walter from the indies or NXT UK. But he seems like a big deal. I would assume bringing in a name would mean he'll be the one to finally take the UK title from Dunne. However, this should really happen in front of a British crowd for the reaction alone. I'm going to say this ends in either a double countout or some other non-decision so Dunne can retain and set up a rematch in england. Either way, there is going to be some hard, hard slapping and finger crunching in this one. My fear? Walter wins and Dunne is sent to the main level only to become another lost mid-carder.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1027 Post(s)

I just watched the first match of Takeover at my desk at work (shhhh). I'll watch the rest later tonight, but holy ****!!

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1027 Post(s)

Okay Takeover quick thoughts:

War Raiders/Ricochet & Black: holy god. Brutal, high flying. I mean Ricochet and the Raiders were taking turns doing each others moves! Nobody the raiders size should be able to do cartwheels and flying off top turnbuckles like they did. And nobody's body should contort the way Ricochet sold some of those moves. Black and Ricochet, I mean I hope they rest up and are even able to compete sunday. The bow from the victors and the few minutes left in the ring to a standing ovation (and tears from ricochet) was a very proper send off, fitting for the final match and move permanent to the main roster.

Velveteen Dream/Riddle: I am surprised how much offense Riddle got in. He dominated a large portion of the match. Dream doing hogan's pump up routine might already be my favorite moment of the year. He's got so much charisma and rolling into a winning pin was perfectly velveteen. I thought Riddle was booked about as well as he could've been in losing the match and retains a lot of momentum moving forward. The crowd was super, super into this one, and it delivered. Dream giving Riddle the bro fist at the end was nice, a la Aleister Black finally saying his name out loud.

That was two matches in a row I was out of breath.

Pete Dunne/Walter: well I guess you could say this was about as strong style as it gets. My fingers and chest hurt just from watching it. Not so much the high flying affair (although there were moments), this was just a physically ridiculous battle. Sad to see Dunne finally relinquish the title, and will be very interesting to see where he goes from here.

Women's fatal 4 way: I mean except for the band shirts she wears, I guess I'm just cup half empty when it comes to Baszler. Some pretty satisfying spots in this one. Sane and Shirai pretty much both cost each other the title at times. Belair takes a tapout. That's twice now to Baszler isn't it? Baszler at least seized on her opportunities and got a tapout without direct interference from her friends. I don't see who is going to beat her, unless Belair somehow gets another one on one match.

Gargano/Cole: Funny enough, I thought the crowd was actually mild as this one got going given their noise in earlier matches (solidly split 50/50 though on both guys with a surprising amount of boos for gargano early on; all cheers by the end). Cole's first pin kind of came out of nowhere, as did Gargano's. But once it was sudden death, the match really took off. This had it all. Crazy spots, the dramatic "will he beat the 10 count" moment, overcoming interference from 3 Undisputed members, and about 15 different kickouts. Crowd was pretty nutty as it winded down, and good for Johnny finally getting the title. Credit to Cole too for a great performance. I was very surprised to see Ciampa come out at the end in a very non-heel moment and celebrate with both Gargano and Lerae.

Another incredibly solid ppv of which I'm not sure Wrestlemania comes close.
    Last edited by ucsdguy1; April 5th, 2019 at 09:54 PM.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3664 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    Okay Takeover quick thoughts:

War Raiders/Ricochet & Black: holy god. Brutal, high flying. I mean Ricochet and the Raiders were taking turns doing each others moves! Nobody the raiders size should be able to do cartwheels and flying off top turnbuckles like they did. And nobody's body should contort the way Ricochet sold some of those moves. Black and Ricochet, I mean I hope they rest up and are even able to compete sunday. The bow from the victors and the few minutes left in the ring to a standing ovation (and tears from ricochet) was a very proper send off, fitting for the final match and move permanent to the main roster.

Velveteen Dream/Riddle: I am surprised how much offense Riddle got in. He dominated a large portion of the match. Dream doing hogan's pump up routine might already be my favorite moment of the year. He's got so much charisma and rolling into a winning pin was perfectly velveteen. I thought Riddle was booked about as well as he could've been in losing the match and retains a lot of momentum moving forward. The crowd was super, super into this one, and it delivered. Dream giving Riddle the bro fist at the end was nice, a la Aleister Black finally saying his name out loud.

That was two matches in a row I was out of breath.

Pete Dunne/Walter: well I guess you could say this was about as strong style as it gets. My fingers and chest hurt just from watching it. Not so much the high flying affair (although there were moments), this was just a physically ridiculous battle. Sad to see Dunne finally relinquish the title, and will be very interesting to see where he goes from here.

Women's fatal 4 way: I mean except for the band shirts she wears, I guess I'm just cup half empty when it comes to Baszler. Some pretty satisfying spots in this one. Sane and Shirai pretty much both cost each other the title at times. Belair takes a tapout. That's twice now to Baszler isn't it? Baszler at least seized on her opportunities and got a tapout without direct interference from her friends. I don't see who is going to beat her, unless Belair somehow gets another one on one match.

Gargano/Cole: Funny enough, I thought the crowd was actually mild as this one got going given their noise in earlier matches (solidly split 50/50 though on both guys with a surprising amount of boos for gargano early on; all cheers by the end). Cole's first pin kind of came out of nowhere, as did Gargano's. But once it was sudden death, the match really took off. This had it all. Crazy spots, the dramatic "will he beat the 10 count" moment, overcoming interference from 3 Undisputed members, and about 15 different kickouts. Crowd was pretty nutty as it winded down, and good for Johnny finally getting the title. Credit to Cole too for a great performance. I was very surprised to see Ciampa come out at the end in a very non-heel moment and celebrate with both Gargano and Lerae.

Another incredibly solid ppv of which I'm not sure Wrestlemania comes close.
    Holy fudge balls! I've been a bad NXT fan again (by not watching the weekly shows too much) so I thought TakeOver was on Saturday. Heck, all day at work yesterday I thought I'll miss TakeOver because I have to be at the stupid Kings game on Saturday night. But then last night at around 10 PM I hit up the dirt sheet websites and there was a link that said "NXT TakeOver New York results" and I'm like "WTF???" So I immediately went to the WWE Network and watched it so I don't get spoiled.

War Raiders vs Ricochet & Black - I think we all knew going in that Ricochet and Black weren't going to win but we knew we were going to get a great match regardless of the outcome. So it was smart of them to put this match first because it's the most predictable one. Crazy to see Ricochet and Black get an insane amount of Tag Title opportunities (all 3 brands) when they should be singles wrestlers. This match was just pure fun and I can't get enough of how agile Hanson is. Love the send off from the crowd and you can tell how emotional Ricochet was.

Velveteen Dream vs Matt Riddle - Great match. This might have been Riddle's best match to date. He sure spits a lot though as he was always foaming at the mouth... o_o. Loved all the submission moves and I kind of like how Velveteen Dream just uses any move in his arsenal. He doesn't care if he's stealing moves and I love it. That submission into a roll up finish was probably the right way to go as far as protecting Riddle.

Pete Dunne vs Walter - I'm with ya. I don't know anything about Walter although his music was pretty cool. I only watched that first episode of NXT UK and unfortunately I don't have much interest in that show because it's just too much wrestling a week. That's where I love WWE's video packages. They do such a great job in catching you up with the story. I wasn't sure how they were going to book this. Do you squash Dunne or not? I had a feeling Walter was probably going to win because they kept talking about how long Dunne has held the UK Title. This match like you said is as about strong style as it gets. Absolutely insane and it looks so painful. If I was a kid and I saw this match back then, I'd be like "Uhh maybe wrestling isn't for me." Either way, great stuff. I wonder how much longer Dunne will stay with the NXT and NXT UK brand... because knowing Vince, he'll ****ing put him on 205 live.

Shayna Baszler vs Bianca Belair vs Io Shirai vs Kairi Sane - Woooo I love Kairi Sane!! But you already knew that. =P This match was above average because it was a little hard to tell a good story and share the spotlight around. The story is that Shayna has to go up against all 3. Yet at the same time, Sane and Shirai were working as a tag team for most of the match. So it felt like it was 2 vs 1 vs 1. I seriously think the right move in the future is to have Sasha Banks and Bayley lose the Women's Tag Titles to Shirai and Sane. This is how you let NXT shine on the main roster as well for those who refuse to watch it at all. In the end, Belair lost the match again so maybe you're right. She'll eventually get it when she gets a singles match down the line.

Johnny Gargano vs Adam Cole (Bay Bay) for the NXT Championship - WHAT A MATCH. I felt like Gargano got a good reaction but Cole got an even better reaction. I just got goosebumps thinking about our NXT experience at Staples Center when everyone got to do the "Adam Cole Bay Bay" in unison. That was so loud and fun. I agree with you about Cole's first pin coming out of nowhere. I wasn't even aware that it was his finishing move? I did like how fast Cole tapped to the Gargano Escape because he didn't want to get hurt even more. Then after that it was just absolutely bonkers. My only complaint was how fast the ref "recovered" from the bump. The whole Super Gargano cheating by kicking out over and over was great too. It wasn't predictable like Super Cena and Reigns where you know they won't lose. For Gargano, every time he looked like he found a way to recover he was constantly shut down by Cole for all those insane near falls. Overall, I'm super happy for Gargano even if it makes the Undisputed Era look a little silly in losing 4 on 1 but I'm okay with it.

Gargano and Ciampa hugging was sweet and I love how every time Gargano celebrated at the stage, that's where Ciampa keeps coming out. I seriously wonder if AEW can be as good as NXT. But for now what an amazing NXT TakeOver yet again. Wrestlemania is going to be ass based on length (7-8 hours at this point). Here's hoping they let Kofi and Becky have their moments.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1027 Post(s)

I’m mentally drained after what seemed like 6-7 hours. But that was about as “what the hell just happened” an ending to a career changing championship win as I’ve ever seen. I think the crowd (who had zero energy left when it started) is still trying to figure out what just happened.

From the 10 minute here’s Charlotte on a helicopter and red carpet right into rousey’s entrance and Joan jett with that “the **** are they booing” look and Cole losing his voice, I mean geez.

Congrats Becky....I think

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    778 Post(s)

How many more matches left in WrestleMania 35? Is it over yet?

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3664 Post(s)

Last night's WrestleMania was a feel good kind of WrestleMania. This is how the biggest PPV of the year should be, the right payoffs from months of buildup. The total run time was 7 hours and 27 minutes. Though I guess to be fair, the first pre-show match didn't start until like 2:30. So it was just a hair under 7 hours. Here are my thoughts for every match if you care to read it and I'd love to hear more of your thoughts if any of you like to share.

Cruiserweight Title: Buddy Murphy vs Tony Nese - Pretty decent match and I liked that they kept it kind of fast paced. That's how Cruiserweight matches should be after all. I felt like Buddy Murphy lost pretty easily here when he had to go through a lot more to win it from Cedric Alexander. Either way, no complaints. They gave it to the hometown guy in Nese. Unfortunately the Cruiserweight title doesn't mean too much at the moment so go ahead and pass around that belt.

Women's Battle Royal - Kairi Sane was in it! Yay! She... didn't do anything though. :( I was surprised that Lacey Evans wasn't in it either. If she was, she would have been a lock to win it probably. What surprised me most was how fast Ember Moon and Naomi got eliminated. The whole bit with the Riott Squad bugs me because logic is always thrown out the window in these matches. If 3 people are constantly ganging up on one person and throwing them out, why the hell wouldn't everyone just start working together to get them out? At least Sarah Logan got to shine for a bit and was teased to win, only for Carmella to win. The win ultimately means nothing so it didn't matter who won this one.

RAW Tag Title: The Revival vs Curt Hawkins & Zack Ryder - I'm a huge Zack Ryder fan so I'm very disappointed that WWE botched the booking for this one by not hyping it up at all. In fact, it was thrown together at the last minute really. Here we had a great storyline of Hawkins and his 269 match losing streak. They're home in New York so they'll have the fans behind him. So yes, it makes sense to put the titles on Hawkins and Ryder and finally give them their WM moment. But instead, they ignored the losing streak storyline for weeks and they suddenly get a title shot out of nowhere. I mean sure, Hawkins got that rollup of death pin to win it by surprise, so they'll probably drop the titles again tonight on RAW. Either way, it was a nice moment but I felt like if they had a storyline for this, it would have been better...

Men's Battle Royal - So the main focus was obviously Braun and the SNL dudes. Again, there's no logic to this match. While it's obvious that the SNL guys aren't going to take a bump in this match, it makes no sense for Braun to allow them to hide under the ring and not care about them. I wonder how does it feel to be Tyler Breeze to get dressed for this match, only to get thrown out in 2 seconds just because. This battle royal is a little depressing because it goes to show you how badly booked/poorly used most of these guys are. In the end, the right person won even though it means nothing.

Universal Title: Seth Rollins vs Brock Lesnar - I loved that this match went first. I liked how Heyman even said that if they're not the main event, then they sure as hell aren't waiting backstage all night for this. It was silly of Cole and Graves to try and play it off as if Rollins wasn't expecting to have the match now and that he may not be ready. Yet when he came out, he was ready. So that's kind of dumb on the commentary's part. The match itself was okay as there isn't much to say other than Lesnar did the usual heel thing by beating up Rollins before the match officially began. Then Rollins wins after 3 curb stomps. So now Rollins will likely hold it for a short while before dropping it to McIntyre and then McIntyre is dropping it to Reigns by Summerslam.

AJ Styles vs Randy Orton - I was distracted by the fans chanting "We can't see" and to them singing something like "Ohh please turn down the lights". I think Orton was legit upset because he thought the fans were hijacking his match again. But he later apologized on social media when he saw pictures of the blinding lights above the ring saying that people missed a great match because they didn't see 95% of it. I think as far as the match itself, it was underwhelming. From last year's "dream match" between AJ Styles and Shinsuke Nakamura to this year's match that was built up pretty well... I think it fell short of expectations and the match itself was just "okay" to me. I don't think it mattered who won even though Styles got the win. I see both of them entering the Money in the Bank match next month.

Smackdown Tag Title: The Usos vs The Bar vs Rusev & Shinsuke Nakamura vs Ricochet & Aleister Black - Fun match. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I wish these Fatal Four Way Tag matches are Tornado matches. I hate the tagging because in the end it's a cluster**** anyway. It's also stupid because it's No DQ rules yet people obey the tag rules. Doesn't make much sense right? Anyway, the match was fun especially with Cesaro swinging Ricochet and everyone was stupid enough to get hit on the ropes by Sheamus one by one. The Usos winning was no surprise as they're the best tag team on Smackdown. It would have been nice if Ricochet and Aleister Black won but they shouldn't be teaming up anyway. And guess what? Rusev now holds the record for 18 PPV losses in a row. Way to go Vince.

Falls Count Anywhere Match: The Miz vs Shane McMahon - This match might have stole the show in my opinion. I didn't think much of this going in but they went for the big spots. Shane took some nasty bumps too so props to him for that. The finish was odd beausse why does Shane need to win? At least he can brag about being the best in the world even though Miz did most of the damage. Hopefully they're done feuding after this match. But overall, it was lots of fun with a couple of nice holy **** moments.

Women's Tag Title: Beth Phoenix & Natalya vs Nia Jax & Tamina vs The Iiconics vs Sasha Banks & Bayley - This match was okay. It was slow and sloppy but it still told a good story. Beth Phoenix still looks good in the ring although I felt like they were taking it easy on her. Nia Jax and Tamina were not fun to watch. And overall, I'm super happy and surprised that the Iiconics won. Good for them as they're a true tag team.

WWE Title: Daniel Bryan vs Kofi Kingston - This is by far the best match of the night. Daniel Bryan did most of the offense here and it made sense since he's the better technical wrestler. Rowan tried to help but was easily taken out by Woods and Big E. That kind of stuff is fine because they didn't interfere with the match. This was just a feel good moment and it's well deserved. I always did want Kofi to win the Rumble because I didn't ever think he'd get a title opportunity otherwise. He even admits that he credits Woods and Big E for wanting to form the New Day and for Woods to constantly push behind the scenes to get Kofi a World Title opportunity. Plus Kofi knew the spotlight was given to Ali but he was lucky that Ali got hurt. All the stars aligned for him to have this moment. So good for him. I was seriously choked up when he finally won. I don't see a long title reign but I don't care.

US Title: Samoa Joe vs Rey Mysterio - Pointless squash. I think maybe Mysterio is more injured than expected. That's also a huge reason why we never got Andrade vs Mysterio.

Roman Reigns vs Drew McIntyre - Meh, I didn't care about this match. I took the time use the restroom and grab dinner. By the time I was done this match was over. I honestly don't think I'll ever be a Reigns fan.

Elias and John Cena segment - This was a lot of fun. As far as non wrestling segments go, this was well done. Hard to describe it but I loved old school Cena.

No Holds Barred: HHH vs Batista (If HHH loses he has to retire) - Well, we all knew HHH isn't going to retire anytime soon. Especially not with all those matches he has to work in Saudi Arabia for the next few years. This match was meh. I give them props for trying but you can tell they're both old, slow, and out of breath. It went on 10 minutes longer than it needed to. But hey, thanks Batista for working your final match.

Kurt Angle vs Baron Corbin - This match was average too. I think having Corbin win is the right move. He's the one that needs to be pushed moving forward so good on Angle for losing. I didn't feel sad that he's done because I felt like he was done years ago. He'll still be around on TV in some form anyway I'm sure. When Angle was hugging and kissing his wife and all his kids at ringside, where the hell was Jason Jordan??? That small storyline detail would have been hilarious but they didn't do it.

IC Title: Bobby Lashley w/Lio Rush vs Finn Balor - I admit, I forgot about this match until I heard Lashley's music. It was cool to see Demon Balor again even though we still don't know why the "Demon" gets powerful and whatnot. Even Lashley had a little demon inside him with those freaky contact lens. This match wasn't anything special. At least they kept it short and sweet with Demon Balor winning the IC Title again.

RAW and Smackdown Women's Title: Ronda Rousey vs Charlotte Flair vs Becky Lynch - Pretty decent match overall. I wish the finish was a decisive submission by Becky instead of a surprise pinfall. It made the win feel flat as opposed to everyone going nuts for Ronda tapping out. Props to these three women for working their ass off. I just felt like Becky's story lost a lot of steam overall but it was still decent. So what do you do now? Do you have Becky appear on both shows until she drops one title?

Whew.. that was long, just like the PPV. All in all, it was fun. Well done WWE for putting on a good show. It's not great like TakeOver but I think at this point it's not fair to compare TakeOver with any of the main PPVs anyway. I'm looking forward to tonight's RAW as that's usually the only RAW I'll watch all 3 hours of. Thanks for reading!
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    778 Post(s)

FWIW, the whole weekend was pretty good, including the HoF ceremony, except for the fool who tackled Bret.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1027 Post(s)

more rag sheet stuff

- Big E may be out 6 weeks with an injury (could still be on tv)
    - Sasha Banks tried to quit after losing titles at Wrestlemania, but some convinced her to stick it out a bit longer.
    - Olivia Jade is devastated by the college cheating scandal (wait what?)

It's
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)

Well that sucks. Styles and Andrade on Raw.